The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughbrough university interview

Hey, has anyone had an interview at loughbrough university for anything. I have one on wednesday for Mechanical Engineering.
If you have would you mind sharing your experience, what was it like?

Thanks 😊
Reply 1
Original post by Rexar
Hey, has anyone had an interview at loughbrough university for anything. I have one on wednesday for Mechanical Engineering.
If you have would you mind sharing your experience, what was it like?

Thanks 😊

Hi,
I have an interview on the 1st of March for Automotive Engineering. Ive been looking into it and people have told me that the best way to prepare for the interview is to know your personal statement because they will base their questions off of it. You need to know how to answer the obvious questions as well such as why you want to go to the university.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Safeboi
Hi,
I have an interview on the 1st of March for Automotive Engineering. Ive been looking into it and people have told me that the best way to prepare for the interview is to know your personal statement because they will base their questions off of it. You need to know how to answer the obvious questions as well such as why you want to go to the university.

Thanks for the reply 😊
I actually had my interview last wednesday and have since recieved an offer for Meng mechanical engineering. It was a fairly informal interview, but like you said there were lots of questions based around ny persional statement
Original post by Rexar
Thanks for the reply 😊
I actually had my interview last wednesday and have since recieved an offer for Meng mechanical engineering. It was a fairly informal interview, but like you said there were lots of questions based around ny persional statement

Congrats on your offer! :biggrin:
Vicky
Reply 4
Original post by Loughborough University
Congrats on your offer! :biggrin:
Vicky

Thanks! 😊 I really like loughborough and will probably firm it!
Original post by Rexar
Thanks! 😊 I really like loughborough and will probably firm it!

Great to hear that Rexar - good luck with making your decision :smile:
Vicky
Reply 6
Original post by Rexar
Thanks for the reply 😊

Congrats on your offer! I'm trying to prepare for the interview this week, what tips can you give me to prepare myself in the best way possible based upon your experience? Did they give you any maths/physics based questions? Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Safeboi
Congrats on your offer! I'm trying to prepare for the interview this week, what tips can you give me to prepare myself in the best way possible based upon your experience? Did they give you any maths/physics based questions? Thanks :smile:

Hi, thanks! :smile:. The best tip would be to just know your personal statement really well. Most of the questions they ask will be based around your PS. Secondly know why you wish to study there and why you want to want to study what you are. In my interview I did not get asked any maths/physics/technical questions, it was a fairly informal interview. But perhaps the best tip I could give you is to know loads and loads of example of how you are good in a team, also how teamwork is important (well it was like this for mechanical engineering if you are doing a similar subject), every single question had the work teamwork in it :biggrin:

Good luck! :h:
Original post by Safeboi

Good luck with your interview Safeboi and Rexar's advice is spot on. :smile:
Know your personal statement backwards and know why you want to study the subject (and have a passion for it) at Loughborough.

Vicky
Reply 9
That's a huge help! Thank you so much. I'm feeling a lot more confident now thanks to you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending