Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ashy99
I have never felt so on edge... all my unis are taking so long:s-smilie:

Ikr sucks! I thought kings wasn't that bad too but apparently not. :colonhash:
Should I be worried that I still haven't gotten an interview invite? :/
Original post by hanacigoj
Should I be worried that I still haven't gotten an interview invite? :/

nope, people are still getting invites, also people have started getting rejections, as long as you haven't been rejected there is a change so stay positive :smile:
Congrats on the offers!!

Has anyone got an offer for A102, or have all offers been for A100 only ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elliee_98
They don't ask for an A*?

They don't on the website but just making sure that its not like their minimum offer is AAA but they usually give out A*AA or something. :smile:
Original post by neilthomas
They don't on the website but just making sure that its not like their minimum offer is AAA but they usually give out A*AA or something. :smile:

I swear A*AA is only for dentistry?
Any A102 people received decisions yet?
Do you think they've sent any post interview rejections yet?
Original post by conciliarllama
Any A102 people received decisions yet?

Nope. Interviewed 24th Jan I think. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by plutojupitermars
Nope. Interviewed 24th Jan I think. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither, had my interview same day as you haha
Original post by CrystalSalvatore
nope, people are still getting invites, also people have started getting rejections, as long as you haven't been rejected there is a change so stay positive :smile:

I know... but if I still haven't gotten one, does that mean that they think I'm less qualified? I mean, am I in a worse position than everyone else who already had their interviews?
I know... but if I still haven't gotten one, does that mean that they think I'm less qualified? I mean, am I in a worse position than everyone else who already had their interviews?

Once you get an interview its basically a clean slate
so to get an offer they just look at the interview, nothing else
you are not at a disadvantage

It's impossible to say for sure but I wouldn't read too much into it. The timing has seemed quite arbitrary until now. I totally understand that it must be pretty nerve-wrecking to have to wait this long though :s-smilie:
Once you get an interview its basically a clean slate
so to get an offer they just look at the interview, nothing else
you are not at a disadvantage

That's not true they've said so many times it is holistic this year. although interview I am sure is the most important.
Any year 13 UK (non gap year) students got offers yet?
That's not true they've said so many times it is holistic this year. although interview I am sure is the most important.

thats what the head of admissions told us at the end of our interview, but i hope it is holistic because i messed up like 3 stations
thats what the head of admissions told us at the end of our interview, but i hope it is holistic because i messed up like 3 stations

Our guide said it was holistic at the end of our interview. Also if you read though the thread from earlier someone sent a screenshot from an email confirming it is holistic this year. Head of admissions though? When was your interview? Sounds fishy if he said that though, as if they aren't sure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Our guide said it was holistic at the end of our interview. Also if you read though the thread from earlier someone sent a screenshot from an email confirming it is holistic this year. Head of admissions though? When was your interview? Ngl sounds fishy if it acc was like they aren't sure.

Mine was in the middle of Jan
Maybe I misunderstood what he said, but from what i remember he said he put all interview scores on a spreadsheet and then give the top x% an offer
Mine was in the middle of Jan
Maybe I misunderstood what he said, but from what i remember he said he put all interview scores on a spreadsheet and then give the top x% an offer

Hmm do you think they only gave offers to the best interviews so far? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=600932
Don't know what to think of this then
Hmm do you think they only gave offers to the best interviews so far? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=600932
Don't know what to think of this then

This is the email I got sent (sorry don't know how to attach screenshots)

Thank you for your interest in studying at King’s. Please accept our apologies for any delay in responding to your query; we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails. Offers for Medicine will be made solely based on interview performance. If you have any other questions about applying to King’s or about our courses, please feel free to contact us again and we’ll be happy to help. Kind regards, Aoife Admissions Assistant (Enquiries) Admissions Office Admissions & Registry Services King’s College London King’s Admissions Office 7th Floor

I got this reply 2 days ago, and they said they aren't looking at applicants holistically and offers are based solely on interviews performance so I'm not sure now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending