The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm having a lot of trouble with this too. I'm crashing this subject, so I don't have previous experience with it.

I'm stuck with what I want my question or focus to be and I'm just lost with all of it haha.

I hope someone posts who can help a little bit with this.
If you go on the Times 100, it's a website its got loads of ideas! I am doing Nivea and it's use of Marketing mix to promote its products followed by the analytical tool of a SWOT Analysis.
You can do loads!
Really struggling with the business assignment and my teacher refuses to give us an example one :frown: So if anyone has a past assignment or example one that they've been given then that would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance :smile:
http://www.understandingstandards.org.uk/Subjects/Business_Management/Higher/source - SQA public document, use it to your advantage. :smile:
Original post by kwar16
Really struggling with the business assignment and my teacher refuses to give us an example one :frown: So if anyone has a past assignment or example one that they've been given then that would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by scottishguyy

can't believe I hadn't found that after hours of searching! thank you so much :smile:
Reply 6
I did the new higher business last year and only dropped one mark in the exam and i have full course notes that are taken from my teachers notes, sqa marking schemes, study guides etc so if any one would like them feel free to message me and i will happily email them!
Reply 7
Original post by Chloe_hx
I did the new higher business last year and only dropped one mark in the exam and i have full course notes that are taken from my teachers notes, sqa marking schemes, study guides etc so if any one would like them feel free to message me and i will happily email them!

do you still have these notes? would be much appreciated
Reply 8

Do you still have a copy of your notes etc. Anything would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Euan
Reply 9
Hi does anyone still have the assignments from the understanding standards website, they've been taken down .

If not does anyone have an exemplar assignment I can look at , I've started mines but as I'm crashing I'm unsure of the layout and content of the assignment

thanks in advance!
Reply 10
Original post by Sfinal
Hi does anyone still have the assignments from the understanding standards website, they've been taken down .

If not does anyone have an exemplar assignment I can look at , I've started mines but as I'm crashing I'm unsure of the layout and content of the assignment

thanks in advance!

They're back up.

could you do that for me, please? my email is [email protected]
I'm currently studying Higher Business Management, would you be able to email me the full course notes?
Reply 13
Hi Andrew I was wondering what topic you ended up using and if you got a good mark for your assignment in the end ?
Reply 14
Original post by aisha_school
could you do that for me, please? my email is [email protected]

Hi Aisha I was wondering if you could also send me the notes, would be much appreciated ?
Hi my daughter is struggling with finding examples for her assignment. Could you please forward me any examples you haveThanks
Reply 16
Hi there!Here is the new link for the SQA examples and mark schemes! Only found out about this website todayhttps://www.understandingstandards.org.uk/Subjects/BusinessManagement/higher/assignment xxx
Original post by andrewmcd18
Hi guys, currently sitting Higher Business Management just now just wondering if people who have done it previously or currently would be able to give me some help. I done Nat5 last year and got a B with 29/30 on the assignment but for some reason i seem to be struggling with it this year. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help in any ways such as a question to choose and any other tips.

Cheers Andrew

Hi I have posted something like this as well today and I got an A in my N5 last year however I am stuck on picking a business for my higher assignment however to get the best marks in higher you want to do a SWOT Analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Threats and Opportunities. Also if you go onto SQA understanding standards it will give you some examples and the marks they got. But I don't know what business, only that it needs to be a big one.
Reply 18
Do you still have your notes?
Original post by Jbeaton
Do you still have your notes?

Sorry what notes do you mean?