The Student Room Group

How to Revise A Level Religious Studies 2016

Any tips on how to revise, it's the new specification as well which makes it harder as RS isn't that popular of a subject!

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I am struggeling as well! What exam board are you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by ZoeN2
I am struggeling as well! What exam board are you doing?

Me too! Are any of you doing OCR?
Reply 4
I am doing edexcel :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by EllenMa

I'm doing OCR! which textbooks do you use?
Reply 6
Original post by ZoeN2
I am doing edexcel :frown:

I'm doing edexcel as well and its so difficult to gather content as there isnt any textbooks and the spec is vague
Reply 7
Original post by united26
I'm doing Edexcel as well and its so difficult to gather content as there isn't any textbooks and the spec is vague

What content are you studying? I am doing Ethics, Philosophy, and New Testament.
Reply 8
Original post by ZoeN2
What content are you studying? I am doing Ethics, Philosophy, and New Testament.

I'm doing philosophy, ethics and sikhism. our teachers have been overloading us with info which is irrelevant to the spec
Reply 9
Original post by united26
I'm doing philosophy, ethics and sikhism. our teachers have been overloading us with info which is irrelevant to the spec

This is exactly my issue... The teachers seem to be unable to understand the specification and therefore give us pointless essays and ridiculously hard content to anlayse rather than allowing us to understand the basics.....

That's really helpful to know we are doing 2 out of the three subjects areas. Would you like to DM me or I could upload my notes directly to this thread so we can swap and compare notes?
Original post by ZoeN2
This is exactly my issue... The teachers seem to be unable to understand the specification and therefore give us pointless essays and ridiculously hard content to anlayse rather than allowing us to understand the basics.....

That's really helpful to know we are doing 2 out of the three subjects areas. Would you like to DM me or I could upload my notes directly to this thread so we can swap and compare notes?

Exactly!!! Edexcel should have created a textbook. I totally put less effort in RE now than my other subjects. I dont mind dm would be better and I could send you my notes across via email?
Reply 11
If anyone else is also struggling with this topic.... I'll also upload them onto Get Revising as well. :smile:
Reply 12
Hey! How did the recent AS exams go for everyone?
Original post by EllenMa

I'm doing OCR and i'm struggling massively
Original post by OliviaMacD
I'm doing OCR and i'm struggling massively

Oh my god, tell me about it! It feels like its harder than history ughh
Original post by BubblegumPops
Oh my god, tell me about it! It feels like its harder than history ughh

try using the preped website x
try using the preped website x

Hmm I use for extra A02 points. Ive gotten better since October and RS is my fave subject right now. Once you nail the layout everything falls into place! But thanks for the suggestion!!
Original post by BubblegumPops
Hmm I use for extra A02 points. Ive gotten better since October and RS is my fave subject right now. Once you nail the layout everything falls into place! But thanks for the suggestion!!

Still my worst if I’m honest
Still my worst if I’m honest
Why is that? Also I could help you if you need it
Hey, do you have any advise on how to revise or the notes because i have no clue how to write the notes, theres too much. Im doing lukes gospel and ethics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending