The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Wondering if this kind of inconsistency is common across all med schools or whether I just happened to apply to the worse ones *cough* Exeter *cough*
Original post by hopingtobeamedic
hey guys! any undergrads heard back with offers from december interview? no one that i know of has been accepted/rejected from this date yet.. :smile:

Yep someone had heard back from 13th December, posted earlier
Original post by Elliee_98
Yep someone had heard back from 13th December, posted earlier

oh thank you! i wonder how many people they will leave to answer to until the end of March... waiting game is too long :frown:
what time do offers usually come in? i heard someone say the portal gets refreshed at 7:30pm?
what time do offers usually come in? i heard someone say the portal gets refreshed at 7:30pm?

also sorry to be so active, but any offers post-interview today? :smile:

Yep nothing today it seems :/. Tune in tomorrow at 7:30 for the next episode. For real though this wait is painful. They have barely sent out any offers yet I guess but you can't always help but worry. I think the offers will keep trickling in from here on in on random days at 7:30pm all the way till the end of March. Some people last year had to wait beyond March even, so I think we all need to be patient now ugh. All this thread does is give you anxiety tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just got an offer, email came in around 19:30!

Home applicant, undergrad, interviewed on the 13th of December.
Original post by WC7867
Just got an offer, email came in around 19:30!

Home applicant, undergrad, interviewed on the 13th of December.

Congrats! I wonder if there is any order to this. Looks like I was wrong it seems, :eek: I think everyone should smash their refresh buttons at 7:30pm daily on weekdays.
(edited 7 years ago)
I received an offer 30 minutes ago and was interviewed on the 31st of January!
Congrats! I wonder if there is any order to this. Looks like I was wrong it seems, :eek: I think everyone should smash their refresh buttons at 7:30pm daily on weekdays.

Ah, thank you so much!!! Looool, to be honest after I was told today by someone on this thread that their offer also came through at 7:30pm yesterday, that's exactly what I was doing! Good luck with your application though! When was your interview? :smile:
Original post by WC7867
Ah, thank you so much!!! Looool, to be honest after I was told today by someone on this thread that their offer also came through at 7:30pm yesterday, that's exactly what I was doing! Good luck with your application though! When was your interview? :smile:

Ahh thank you! Mid January. These offer waves are just peak tbh :redface:, painful and it won't stop here too. I don't think there is that much order to it tbh, like I'm sure there are basically no differences between those who got offers today and those from yesterday. Loool wish I was you ngl now you can relax and breathe.
Reply 2091
well done ppl with offers :smile: Exciting times
if you don't mind, can you please post your stats (GCSEs, UKCAT, A levels)?
I have my interview on the 7th and hoping for the best
Reply 2092
Original post by Rahul_rps
I received an offer 30 minutes ago and was interviewed on the 31st of January!

Well Done! the wait isn't too bad. 3 weeks is reasonable :smile:
Ahh thank you! Mid January. These offer waves are just peak tbh :redface:, painful and it won't stop here too. I don't think there is that much order to it tbh, like I'm sure there are basically no differences between those who got offers today and those from yesterday. Loool wish I was you ngl now you can relax and breathe.

Awww man, bless, I know, it's such a huge relief but hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer! Have you heard from anywhere else?

Yeah, I completley agree. I doubt there's any particular order they're going with rn, it's probably random; I can't see that there would be that much difference between those who heard today, yesterday and those who will hopefully hear tomorrow. And honestly, the stress and the wait is crazy! Especially when others are hearing from their courses within two weeks and we're sat here having waited 5 months for a reply! But hopefully it'll pay off in the end :biggrin:
Original post by 11...
Well Done! the wait isn't too bad. 3 weeks is reasonable :smile:

Thank you so much! And yes I was very pleasantly surprised to get it now
Hi Guys,

Has anyone received an invitation to interview today? Kinda freaking out cos it's already February and I haven't heard a peep from Kings
Original post by 11...

Hey! Got my offer around 7:30pm today.

I'm a home applicant, applying for undergrad Medicine and my interview was on the 13th of December. GCSEs are 5As and 7A*s, 727 UKCAT, Band 1 SJT, and A-Level predictions are A*AA (Bio, Chem and Phys).

All the best with your application! :smile:
Original post by MedSchool2017
Hi Guys,

Has anyone received an invitation to interview today? Kinda freaking out cos it's already February and I haven't heard a peep from Kings

Just hang in there! They seem to be very strange this year with the way they are handling everything.
Original post by 11...

I got 11A*s and 1 A at gcse, 683 in the UKCAT with band 1 SJT and A*A*A predicted at A level (A in chemistry). Best of luck for the interview!
Thank you! It just seems less and less likely that I'll get an interview as the days draw on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending