The Student Room Group

What would be your ideal proposal?

Keeping things short and sweet here, simply what would be your ideal proposal? Would you rather propose or be proposed to? :love:

You don't need to be anywhere near engagement, or even in a relationship to answer, just describe what your ideal would be :flowers:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Changing the relationship status to "Married" on Facebook.
(edited 7 years ago)
Proposed to
Tbh, I'd rather they just proposed at home when we were eating pizza or something
I'm not into the public proposal ****
My fiancé got down on one knee in the park after buying me my favourite pasty it was a perfect and a complete surprise :smile:
Original post by UWS
Changing the relationship status to "Married" on Facebook.

Engaged*
Reply 5
Original post by Cherub012
Engaged*

Was thinking that but could move straight in tbh.
Original post by UWS
Was thinking that but could move straight in tbh.

Sorry for killing your post. :tongue:

Should I delete mine?
I'd rather be proposed to
Reply 8
Original post by Cherub012
Sorry for killing your post. :tongue:

Should I delete mine?

You don't have to, I edited my post anyway. Probably think your suggestion was better
Reply 9
Skywriting the proposal whilst we are on holiday in some exotic place.
They came in riding on a White tiger whilst abbot artillery fired in the background.
Original post by Vikingninja
They came in riding on a White tiger whilst abbot artillery fired in the background.

That is rather specific! Will they have to guess what to do? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claireestelle
My fiancé got down on one knee in the park after buying me my favourite pasty it was a perfect and a complete surprise :smile:

Wow.

My fiancé texted me and then said, 'be ready, my parents are going to come to your house and ask for your hand in marriage for me, from your parents <333'.

Desi style :emo:
How I actually got proposed to a few years ago - he came home from college one day and said "we've been going out and living together for five years now. We're more than bf and gf and you know I love you. I've been thinking about this for a while, want to get married?" no down on one knee or anything :laugh: he didn't even have a ring. Fair enough though, I'm not fond of jewellery so he wanted me to choose it. We did get a takeaway and watched Stargate SG1 after the proposal though which was good :yep:

Perfect proposal - at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland at night while watching the Northern Lights :love:

It doesn't really matter how you're proposed to, the only thing that matters is that your partner and yourself want to take the relationship to a new level :yep:
...and that they buy you a takeaway to celebrate :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shadowdweller
That is rather specific! Will they have to guess what to do? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they have to show that they can tame a beast to prove that they can tame me. The abbot artillery is there just for effect.
A*AA at A level is my ideal proposal.
Original post by Vikingninja
No they have to show that they can tame a beast to prove that they can tame me. The abbot artillery is there just for effect.

Naturally :yep:
Original post by Spock's Socks
How I actually got proposed to a few years ago - he came home from college one day and said "we've been going out and living together for five years now. We're more than bf and gf and you know I love you. I've been thinking about this for a while, want to get married?" no down on one knee or anything :laugh: he didn't even have a ring. Fair enough though, I'm not fond of jewellery so he wanted me to choose it. We did get a takeaway and watched Stargate SG1 after the proposal though which was good :yep:

Perfect proposal - at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland at night while watching the Northern Lights :love:

It doesn't really matter how you're proposed to, the only thing that matters is that your partner and yourself want to take the relationship to a new level :yep:
...and that they buy you a takeaway to celebrate :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you guys are my fav! goals af :love:
I wouldn't mind either way, probably proposed to but if I wanted then I would propose. Perhaps on holiday somewhere or on a special occasion such as birthday or anniversary, even if it was in bed with breakfast in bed or something romantic. Just keep it simple :love:

Just no public proposal or over the top display, that's not my thing :tongue:
Original post by years101
A*AA at A level is my ideal proposal.

not A*A*A* whats wrong with you why settle?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending