The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art 2017 applications

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
I've also applied to vis comm and still waiting for a reply.
I skimmed last night through 2016 RCA thread here and saw that many applicants were waiting for an e-mail past the official deadline and actually got invited for an interview, I think around the beginning of March (last year's deadline for their reply was 12th of February). It was a really similar situation like this year and most of those who had been waiting applied in January around 23rd.
Seen couple of applicants who had applied for vis comm too and actually got invited for an interview. (Illustration and graphic design).
So if you haven't got any answer yet it means that there is still much hope for us.

Fingers crossed for both of us! :biggrin:
Original post by PeasandBees
Hey,
I've also applied to vis comm and still waiting for a reply.
I skimmed last night through 2016 RCA thread here and saw that many applicants were waiting for an e-mail past the official deadline and actually got invited for an interview, I think around the beginning of March (last year's deadline for their reply was 12th of February). It was a really similar situation like this year and most of those who had been waiting applied in January around 23rd.
Seen couple of applicants who had applied for vis comm too and actually got invited for an interview. (Illustration and graphic design).
So if you haven't got any answer yet it means that there is still much hope for us.

Fingers crossed for both of us! :biggrin:

Hey there!
Yeah I guess no news is good news anyhow:cookie:
Although I did submit my portfolio very late…like, last minute before the deadline…x
Hopefully mine still count as a priority app.
Good luck to you and whoever still waiting for a reply!
I just received an interview mail for GID programme. I'm from India so the interview would be on skype. I feel so nervous right now. Can anyone tell me what to expect? !
I received an email around 2pm to let me know they wish to interview me but cannot give me an date/time for my interview yet . :h: Weird I know but I'm happy to make it to the next stage!
Reply 64
Original post by Echo_in_hall
I received an email around 2pm to let me know they wish to interview me but cannot give me an date/time for my interview yet . :h: Weird I know but I'm happy to make it to the next stage!

Congratulations! Although I still have no messages, feel happy for u. Go for it and best of luck.
Original post by catye
Congratulations! Although I still have no messages, feel happy for u. Go for it and best of luck.

I think the backlog is across the whole college, I emailed on Friday to see if there was any progress update specifically for the dept I applied for. I initially got an email today saying basically no update yet but we'll let you know and a few minutes later I got the other email letting me know I will be interviewed.
Reply 66
Just had my interview for IED. Went well and they said they'll give me an informal response in a week! Xx
hi guys, I had my interview yesterday, I was talking to my friends about how was my interview and thought, well I will do a video so you can see also how it went and what kind of thing they usually ask.

Was a fun interview I will say, my perspective is they are really the best and I do really wish with all my heart to get there, they are looking for a really good designers, but will see, everything is finished now and only have to wait.

[video]https://youtu.be/eXIGNDINMcI[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by carlodelmazo
hi guys, I had my interview yesterday, I was talking to my friends about how was my interview and thought, well I will do a video so you can see also how it went and what kind of thing they usually ask.

Was a fun interview I will say, my perspective is they are really the best and I do really wish with all my heart to get there, they are looking for a really good designers, but will see, everything is finished now and only have to wait.

[video]https://youtu.be/eXIGNDINMcI[/video]

Hey I watched your video, it was funny, you little cat! Fight! Fight! Haha

I wonder if they come down harder on people who are younger or currently graduating a BA to see if they can find cracks in their thinking or approach etc. and how they handle conflict. It sounds like you held your ground well though! I have a feeling you'll get accepted! 😃
Just got an email from the admissions...a rejection.:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Clean Cut
Just got an email from the admissions...a rejection.:frown:

So sorry to hear that.
I've too got an email with rejection today.. Will you try again next year?
So sorry to hear that.

Oh no...so sorry it didn't work out.
And no I don't think so, if I start working I would just like to keep working…I guess.
Reply 72
So sorry to hear that.

Oh damn :frown:( was it both of you for visual communication ?
Reply 73
still no messages…:cry2:
don't know if it is appropriate to send them an email to ask
Original post by catye
still no messages…:cry2:
don't know if it is appropriate to send them an email to ask

Maybe send it at the end of Monday, that'll be just over a week since they last updated you and I think that's a very fair length to wait before messaging them. I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting :frown:
Reply 75
Had my interview wednesday and they sent me an informal offer on sat cause I emailed them as a thanks for the interview kind of thing. I was a late applicant. I reckon every course has its own timings! Just gotta wait guys! They will get to you soon! Good luck to everyone xxx
Reply 76
Original post by claucsb
Had my interview wednesday and they sent me an informal offer on sat cause I emailed them as a thanks for the interview kind of thing. I was a late applicant. I reckon every course has its own timings! Just gotta wait guys! They will get to you soon! Good luck to everyone xxx

Congratulations! I had my interview a couple of weeks ago and I am still waiting to hear. Did you email your specific department or admissions?
Original post by claucsb

congratulations mate, wish you the best in the Royal College, is a great opportunity for you, kill it! =)
Reply 78
Original post by LMG_153
Congratulations! I had my interview a couple of weeks ago and I am still waiting to hear. Did you email your specific department or admissions?

Thanks guys! :smile: Basically I was emailing the course leader because I sent him my portfolio straight away instead of through the online system (he said that was alright as the system wasnt working for me) and he was the one that interviewed me and the one I emailed to say thanks. Maybe thats why it was quicker for me? X
Original post by claucsb
Thanks guys! :smile: Basically I was emailing the course leader because I sent him my portfolio straight away instead of through the online system (he said that was alright as the system was

nt working for me) and he was the one that interviewed me and the one I emailed to say thanks. Maybe thats why it was quicker for me? X

Congratulations man ! so what was the interview like?
what all did they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending