The Student Room Group

What's the hardest video game you've played...

Scroll to see replies

As already mentioned, Rimworld.

It really knows how to kick you when you are down.
Touhou, Hotline Miami, and at the time I remember having to repeat the Ace Attorney games dozens of times
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Impossible Quiz :angry:

There were an a-bun-dance of questions.....:colonhash:
Try Bloodborne. Without levelling up once.

Spoiler

Oh, you said things NOT like Dark Souls, erm...

Final Fantasy VI is definitely up there. It doesn't really require a lot of grinding, but if you like only using the same 4 or 5 characters, you're in for a horrific shock when you realise the final dungeon makes you use twelve to fourteen characters.
Original post by prazzyjazzy
There were an a-bun-dance of questions.....:colonhash:

:toofunny:
Original post by SkyRees
Try Bloodborne. Without levelling up once.

Spoiler

I like doing challenge runs for the souls borne games, the waste of skin run is so satisfying. You should try a fist only run (even more satisfying).
Rainbow Six Siege, gg peak advantage
Reply 28
Some of the Super Meat Boy stuff destroys me. Certainly the hardest thing I've beaten is World at War veteran.
Original post by Willy Pete
As already mentioned, Rimworld.

It really knows how to kick you when you are down.

That list of BS also happened below normal difficulty on the standard narrator.
Original post by Vikingninja
That list of BS also happened below normal difficulty on the standard narrator.

It isn't as devastating I have found.
It isn't as devastating I have found.

I believe that all started on day 4. The hardest part is getting weapons to fight off the stronger enemies since the first lot with ballistics are so devastating with wounds inflicted, I had the weird scarab alien things fight me and I had 2 guns on another save, absolute pain in my ass. As soon as you get turrets its so much easier but that takes so long as the villagers (haven't played in a while so haven't seen new updates).
I believe that all started on day 4. The hardest part is getting weapons to fight off the stronger enemies since the first lot with ballistics are so devastating with wounds inflicted, I had the weird scarab alien things fight me and I had 2 guns on another save, absolute pain in my ass. As soon as you get turrets its so much easier but that takes so long as the villagers (haven't played in a while so haven't seen new updates).

I only got the game last week. I went hard into sculpting with plasteel to make my money so I could skip loads of tech progression and just buy the best stuff.

I did have a big issue with building out of wood and having almost the entirety of my settlement burnt down in one go. It is a brutal game, but I do love it.
I only got the game last week. I went hard into sculpting with plasteel to make my money so I could skip loads of tech progression and just buy the best stuff.

I did have a big issue with building out of wood and having almost the entirety of my settlement burnt down in one go. It is a brutal game, but I do love it.

Yeah when I played it last it was hard to trade as well, caravans would come randomly which you could contact to make them appear but the method of contacting wasn't cheap and took a while to get the tech. With random caravans you had to hope it was a useful faction. Because I hunted so much wildlife I had a lot of cash from hides. Also medicine was a nightmare, you could make herbal but proper medicine you needed a resource from caravans if they had it and that wouldn't give you much. The most important tech in my opinion is the ventilation because it meant you didn't need to send people out for hunting and farming as much (before I built it I had half of my base being farm land, turned a load of that into turrets after) to make up for spoiled food, which you could prioritise on more important tasks such as building defenses.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah when I played it last it was hard to trade as well, caravans would come randomly which you could contact to make them appear but the method of contacting wasn't cheap and took a while to get the tech. Because I hunted so much wildlife I had a lot of cash from hides. Also medicine was a nightmare, you could make herbal but proper medicine you needed a resource from caravans if they had it and that wouldn't give you much. The most important tech in my opinion is the ventilation because it meant you didn't need to send people out for hunting and farming as much (before I built it I had half of my base being farm land, turned a load of that into turrets after) to make up for spoiled food, which you could prioritise on more important tasks such as building defenses.

One of the first things you need is a walk in freezer, it is still same as you describe but I think I got lucky with some early exotic caravans which massively boosted my silver store.

I stopped hunting for a while when quite early on I had 2 die from a beaver hunting trip that went seriously wrong.

My biggest issue now is power, I never seem to be able to produce enough and getting uranium is taking forever. I want to blast my 80 year old off into space before she eventually dies and makes everyone sad.
One of the first things you need is a walk in freezer, it is still same as you describe but I think I got lucky with some early exotic caravans which massively boosted my silver store.

I stopped hunting for a while when quite early on I had 2 die from a beaver hunting trip that went seriously wrong.

My biggest issue now is power, I never seem to be able to produce enough and getting uranium is taking forever. I want to blast my 80 year old off into space before she eventually dies and makes everyone sad.

I had a single wind turbine and battery combo for my freezer, battery is a pain in the ass with how much it blows up though. Geothermal is very useful but its annoying when its far away from your base, I didn't mind solar with the case of building it in a safe but remote location near to the base, problem again being the stupid batteries.
I had a single wind turbine and battery combo for my freezer, battery is a pain in the ass with how much it blows up though. Geothermal is very useful but its annoying when its far away from your base, I didn't mind solar with the case of building it in a safe but remote location near to the base, problem again being the stupid batteries.

My batteries don't seem to explode that much, but I have them in a cave, with a cooled environment and a fire popper just in case. Did you leave it out in the rain?

I have discovered that having a decent Teak farm and a few wood burners is a great way to go since they take 30 days to grow but produce about 4500 wood every harvest, just wall it off from beavers and you will never need to worry again. And even if your colonist doesn't can the plant cut skill but the grow skill they can still cut down the trees since they are being farmed.
My batteries don't seem to explode that much, but I have them in a cave, with a cooled environment and a fire popper just in case. Did you leave it out in the rain?

I have discovered that having a decent Teak farm and a few wood burners is a great way to go since they take 30 days to grow but produce about 4500 wood every harvest, just wall it off from beavers and you will never need to worry again. And even if your colonist doesn't can the plant cut skill but the grow skill they can still cut down the trees since they are being farmed.

First one I did but I put them in their own shelters after. I would consider the teak farm if I didn't remember the nightmare that was space because I had to build my walls so large. Also hated building around mined out mountains because my settlers whined about dust... and had a mental breakdown and got attacked by some weird **** after going outside naked.
First one I did but I put them in their own shelters after. I would consider the teak farm if I didn't remember the nightmare that was space because I had to build my walls so large. Also hated building around mined out mountains because my settlers whined about dust... and had a mental breakdown and got attacked by some weird **** after going outside naked.

I never really built an external wall, just chunk barriers in front of my turrets and I choose mountainous regions for natural defence.
I think dust has been removed, I have not seen it come up on mine.

Also mortars are OP, once you build a couple of them surrounded by walls most enemies don't see it coming and they have ridiculous rage making even the most retarded member of your team vaguely useful in a fight.
Reply 39
All you had to do, was follow the damn train CJ!

Quick Reply