The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elliee_98
Just hang in there! They seem to be very strange this year with the way they are handling everything.

Thank you! It just seems less and less likely that I'll get an interview as the days draw on
I like still remember when kings said they'll get back to us in 2 weeks... imagine waiting two and a half months after that...:afraid:
Original post by Ashy99
I like still remember when kings said they'll get back to us in 2 weeks... imagine waiting two and a half months after that...:afraid:

We might still have to wait a month you know these guys can rly drag on :bebored:but just keep refreshing at 7:30pm in the meanwhile. There will continue to be more random waves all the way to the end of March.
Reply 2103
I got an interview, but I got band 3 in my ukcat - I know - it's horrendous. I must have been so close to a band 2 and it was just the matter of whether it was 'very appropriate' or 'appropriate not ideal' - 'very important' or 'important'. how do ppl get it exact? oh well, do you think that will put me at disadvantage. my other stats are good apart from my ukcat 645. I need to ace the interview and see my ukcat as an anomaly hopefully
Huge congrats to everyone that has received an offer!!!!

Was the condition for the offer AAA or A*AA??

Thank you
Original post by Alexis.Amelia
Huge congrats to everyone that has received an offer!!!!

Was the condition for the offer AAA or A*AA??

Thank you

Thank you! The offer was AAA :smile:
Reply 2106
Any graduates who applied for the A100 with offers yet?
Original post by k4224

I'm pretty sure that whether you are a graduate applicant or not has zero impact on the timing of your reply. It all just seems v random thus far.
Reply 2108
Original post by Elliee_98
I'm pretty sure that whether you are a graduate applicant or not has zero impact on the timing of your reply. It all just seems v random thus far.

Ahh okay...just all the offers I've seen have been for A-levels, hence why I was wondering
Original post by k4224

I'm a graduate with an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11...
I got an interview, but I got band 3 in my ukcat - I know - it's horrendous. I must have been so close to a band 2 and it was just the matter of whether it was 'very appropriate' or 'appropriate not ideal' - 'very important' or 'important'. how do ppl get it exact? oh well, do you think that will put me at disadvantage. my other stats are good apart from my ukcat 645. I need to ace the interview and see my ukcat as an anomaly hopefully

Good luck for the interview! What were your other stats though?
Do they rank everyone post interview and then give offers going down from highest ranking to lowest?? or is it random??
Original post by pandasandpens
Do they rank everyone post interview and then give offers going down from highest ranking to lowest?? or is it random??

I guess they are giving out offers only to the strongest candidates because they still have interview dates so they can't give out all the offers yet
Original post by hanacigoj
I guess they are giving out offers only to the strongest candidates because they still have interview dates so they can't give out all the offers yet

One thing I don't get is why keep the ones who got the offers today a days wait? I think there could be more offers tomorrow too.
Original post by pandasandpens

That's what they usually do. But they tend to give out a few each day and then give out mass offers and rejections in march after a score threshold (or ranking cut-off in this year's case) is made.

On another note, some rejections went out tonight! My friend had an interview early February and got rejected.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by studentsixth
That's what they usually do. But they tend to give out a few each day and then give out mass offers and rejections in march.

On another note, some rejections went out tonight! My friend had an interview early February and got rejected.

Oh wow that really changes things, I guess those who get post interview rejections won't be posting anything. Hopefully she gets her other places!
Reply 2116
Has any international students received offers or rejections?
So if I'm not mistaken, some people have already gotten pre-interview rejections? I haven't heard a peep since the acknowledgment e-mail back in October and have no idea what to think anymore. I know they interview all the way till end of March which technically means that I should start worrying around mid-March if I haven't gotten any news, but still, it's so excruciating...
Original post by neurosurgeon
So if I'm not mistaken, some people have already gotten pre-interview rejections? I haven't heard a peep since the acknowledgment e-mail back in October and have no idea what to think anymore. I know they interview all the way till end of March which technically means that I should start worrying around mid-March if I haven't gotten any news, but still, it's so excruciating...

I got a pre-interview rejection lovely, UK student for A100. Hold my grades already and was told I met the criteria but competitive intake. Keep taking no news as good news, good luck.x
Original post by Fleuves
I got a pre-interview rejection lovely, UK student for A100. Hold my grades already and was told I met the criteria but competitive intake. Keep taking no news as good news, good luck.x

That's what I'm afraid of, too. I got my grades (grad student) and as KCL alumna thought the chance of an interview was pretty decent here, but I think all candidates are really strong so that apparently is no definite recipe for success. You're right, no news is still something. I hope you got other interviews/offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending