The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Fine art interviews 2017

Hi just wondering when fine art interviews take place. Portfolio sent off in January but heard nothing as yet. Noticed something on forum from last year that looked like they didn't end till late March. Is it the same this year too?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I think it'll probably be the same this year. I haven't heard anything either
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Elsfran
Hi just wondering when fine art interviews take place. Portfolio sent off in January but heard nothing as yet. Noticed something on forum from last year that looked like they didn't end till late March. Is it the same this year too?

Fine Art interviews will be held between the 20th of February and 31st of March.

If you have any other questions please ask :smile:

Isabella
Original post by Newcastle University
Fine Art interviews will be held between the 20th of February and 31st of March.

Isabella

Hi, have interviews been given out yet?
Reply 4

Isabella

Thanks - when will we hear if we have an interview?
@veronicasawyer & @Elsfran - I've asked the Admissions Officer for Fine Art if they have a date they can give us. We'll let you know when we hear a response :smile:

Persephone
@veronicasawyer & @Elsfran - I've asked the Admissions Officer for Fine Art if they have a date they can give us. We'll let you know when we hear a response :smile:

Persephone

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Thank you 😀
Reply 8
Original post by Elsfran
Thank you 😀

i know someone who has a fine art interview. She received notification on Friday.Does that mean all the interviews have been sent out? Would really like to know one way or the other.
Reply 9
Will rejections be sent out at the same time ?
Reply 10
Original post by veronicasawyer
Thank you :smile:

Just wondering if you've heard back - have all other offers in from other unis - seems to takes ages to hear anything from Newcastle - very nerve wracking!!!
Reply 11
Hi I received an interview a couple days ago for fine art and on their site they had lots of interview slots still available so they might just be taking their time 👍🏼
Reply 12
Original post by Dxnden
Hi I received an interview a couple days ago for fine art and on their site they had lots of interview slots still available so they might just be taking their time 👍🏼

do you know if your likely to receive an interview without the necessary predicted grades. AAC rather than AAB
Reply 13
Yeah my a level grades are AAC
Reply 14
Original post by mucman
do you know if your likely to receive an interview without the necessary predicted grades. AAC rather than AAB

I'm also doing a foundation atm and I know my tutor has predicted me a distinction for that which would be on my application so that might have to do with it also. I think art uni just like taking their time though because they have to look through everyone's mini portfolios too and judge everyone's considering their individual circumstances
Reply 15

Persephone

Hi - have you heard anything from admissions yet? I've not heard anything at all :-(
Original post by Elsfran
Just wondering if you've heard back - have all other offers in from other unis - seems to takes ages to hear anything from Newcastle - very nerve wracking!!!

Yeah got my interview through last week
Original post by Elsfran
Hi - have you heard anything from admissions yet? I've not heard anything at all :-(

Hi,

This is the response we received:

We are still reviewing portfolios.

Invitations to interview are being sent out by email daily.

Unsuccessful applicants are notified through UCAS.

Anyone who hasn't heard is still being considered.

Fingers crossed you won't have to wait too long to hear back :smile:

Persephone
Reply 18
Hi, I still haven't heard anything back - sent my portfolio off mid way through January.... should I be starting to worry...?
Reply 19
Honestly as much as it's very annoying to hear- just relax and wait, art is probably one of the longest application processes of uni subjects, if anything give them a call just to double check whether there's been a problem or something :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest