The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Finallyyyy got an unconditional for maths!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Mystery.

scottish?
Original post by goodadvice12
scottish?

Yeah
Original post by Mystery.

Well Done YESSSSSSS!
I just got an email from St Andrews (which almost gave me a heart attack) about scholarships and extra funding... 😥 I'm so on edge 😂
Original post by Clarette
I just got an email from St Andrews (which almost gave me a heart attack) about scholarships and extra funding... 😥 I'm so on edge 😂

ah I got the same one, that almost killed me too
I also got that e-mail.
Now that's just cruel!!
Hey! I got in computer science! :biggrin:
My grades were AAABC at Higher and AAAAC at Nat 5
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
I hate this waiting so much. Last year, I just decided to try & apply to a few British unis and I was really relaxed about it, it just seemed like a somewhat crazy idea and I liked the process of searching for unis and courses, going through rankings ...
But I feel like during these months that I've been waiting, I've become so stressed out. My excitement has turned into anxiety because I still haven't received any offers and, after spending so much time with this application, I want it so so much. I know that I'll probably receive a rejection (EU applicant for IR ...) and I'm so scared of it. My friends and family can't really understand why I think about this application stuff constantly and why I want to talk about it all the time - uni applications aren't such a big thing in Germany, if your grades are good enough, you're automatically accepted.

Anyone here who can relate to how I feel? I hate this feeling of anxiety so much but I just have to think about my application constantly ...

I feel exactly the same. I am also from germany and most of the people aroung me probably think I am crazy because I am stressing out so much.
Just received IR offer!!! Excited is an understatement ahhhhhh
Original post by katherineeegrace

Omg Congrats *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!!!!!
I'm waiting for IR and Modern History
Original post by Yorkshire1231
Congratulations!!!!!
I'm waiting for IR and Modern History

Best of luck - I'm sure you'll hear soon :smile:

Congratulations.. What are the conditions, if I may ask?
See you there. Cheers...
Original post by Mikhail1710
Congratulations.. What are the conditions, if I may ask?
See you there. Cheers...

AAA - how about you? Fingers crossed see you in Sept if we get the grades ahah

Omg the dream, congrats!! Are you RUK? :smile:
I'm so nervous, I check UCAS Track literally every hour :biggrin:
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Omg the dream, congrats!! Are you RUK? :smile:
I'm so nervous, I check UCAS Track literally every hour :biggrin:

I'm in the Scottish / EU pool (but English born and bread) - just lived in Scotland for 3+ years

I completely discounted a St A offer (especially after being rejected by Durham) so haven't had the urge to check track. Received an email from track though this morn saying it had updated - that was a v stressful moment!!
I'm in the Scottish / EU pool (but English born and bread) - just lived in Scotland for 3+ years

I completely discounted a St A offer (especially after being rejected by Durham) so haven't had the urge to check track. Received an email from track though this morn saying it had updated - that was a v stressful moment!!

Well Done!! 🍾

Then the offer for IR is even more impressive!! :smile:

Quick Reply