The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF Fashion Photography

Hey! Has anyone received an interview for Photography? If so, when are you attending?! :h:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, mine is on the 24th. What about yours ?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by deaboseva
Hey, mine is on the 24th. What about yours ?

mines the 21st! Got your Portfolio ready? :smile:
Not yet. Will u include a sketchbook? And how will u bring it? On A3?A4? so nervous..
Hey,how was your interview? What did they ask you?
Original post by eveanna
mines the 21st! Got your Portfolio ready? :smile:

Reply 6
Original post by deaboseva

Hey!

Sorry, so I took a sketchbook of studio work (fine art, portraiture and fashion), my final major project book (based around flowers and lots of experimentation and 2 essays) and a book of professionally printed photos (about 25 images) which had a range of work.

There was about 6 other people applying for Fashion Photography on the 9am slot today. Had a chat with them then had a 20-30min interview and look at my work with the 2 tutors. They were absolutely lovely!

They looked through my 3 books and commented on some of my images (mentioned that I had quite a range of stuff in there and suggesting LCC may be something to consider too. I explained as I would be an older student this is something I've considered for a while and have some work experience with (so hope that helps! lol)

They asked if I had any written pieces to show, asked what inspires me if I had an editorial to shoot, and what I've been doing for the past few years. They said it should take about 2 weeks to receive a response!

I hope that helps and good luck with yours! Let me know how it goes!
Reply 7
Hey eveanna I was one of the six people there with you! Did you hear back from them already?
Reply 8
Original post by emmih
Hey eveanna I was one of the six people there with you! Did you hear back from them already?

Oh hey Emmih! Not yet :frown: have you heard anything? How did you think yours went? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by eveanna
Oh hey Emmih! Not yet :frown: have you heard anything? How did you think yours went? :smile:

Me neither... Hopefully soon! I think the interview went pretty well, the tutors were so so nice! I was the first one to go in so I was like super nervous haha! Did you have to wait long for your interview?
Reply 10
Original post by emmih
Me neither... Hopefully soon! I think the interview went pretty well, the tutors were so so nice! I was the first one to go in so I was like super nervous haha! Did you have to wait long for your interview?

Fingers crossed! I was straight after you! Glad I didn't have to wait too long but sooo nerve racking!
Reply 11
Original post by eveanna
Fingers crossed! I was straight after you! Glad I didn't have to wait too long but sooo nerve racking!

Ahh gotcha, wasn't too sure who you were haha!
Reply 12
Original post by emmih
Ahh gotcha, wasn't too sure who you were haha!

Hey Emmih! Have you heard back yet?! Just received an unconditional offer!
Reply 13
Original post by eveanna
Hey Emmih! Have you heard back yet?! Just received an unconditional offer!

Ahh hey for some reason never saw this message! I got an offer as well! It was conditional since they wanted to see my IELTS test results but sent them in and now it's unconditional - yay!! Are you coming this Saturday for the event?
Reply 14
Original post by emmih
Ahh hey for some reason never saw this message! I got an offer as well! It was conditional since they wanted to see my IELTS test results but sent them in and now it's unconditional - yay!! Are you coming this Saturday for the event?

Yay! Congratulations! Yeah I'll be there this Saturday :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by eveanna
Yay! Congratulations! Yeah I'll be there this Saturday :smile:

Congrats to you too! :smile: I'm a bit nervous for Saturday haha! Is this your firm choice?
Reply 16
Original post by emmih
Congrats to you too! :smile: I'm a bit nervous for Saturday haha! Is this your firm choice?

Thanks! And me too, not sure what to expect, hope some of the other people that were there ok interview day will be there! Yeah it's my firm choice! You?
Hi, I also got a place on this course, was there on Saturday too! Just deciding whether to accept
Reply 18
Original post by eveanna
Thanks! And me too, not sure what to expect, hope some of the other people that were there ok interview day will be there! Yeah it's my firm choice! You?

It was so nice to see you again on Saturday! :smile: I still have a interview for another course next month but pretty sure I'll go with this one.
Reply 19
Original post by hollie.ra
Hi, I also got a place on this course, was there on Saturday too! Just deciding whether to accept

Oh hi! How did you like Saturday? What are your other options? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending