The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Fee Status Questionnaire Help!!!

Has anyone Lived over seas for most of their life but has still been classed as a 'home' student
Reply 1
Original post by Tombot34
Has anyone Lived over seas for most of their life but has still been classed as a 'home' student

Fee status is done on residence now. So if you lived abroad for your first many years of life, but have been in the UK for the past 5, then you will be classed as a home student.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
What if its the other way round? I was born in the UK and lived there until I was 10 and then moved to Australia but now wish to go to uni in the UK.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
Fee status is done on residence now. So if you lived abroad for your first many years of life, but have been in the UK for the past 5, then you will be classed as a home student.

What if its the other way round? I was born in the UK and lived there until I was 10 and then moved to Australia but now wish to go to uni in the UK.
Reply 4

Then you're unlikely to be classed as a home student because you don't meet the residence requirements

Hi

You can find information about our criteria for assessing fee status on our website.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes

Sophie
Reply 6

Yes. We called the free advice help line run by UKCISA and they advised us to claim dual residence as we spent so much of our time in UK. Had to provide unis with all sorts of proof of the time and 'footprint' in UK (eg house ownership, plane tickets and dates etc). It worked with a couple of unis, we are waiting on the others at the moment.
Reply 7
Original post by PJDK
Yes. We called the free advice help line run by UKCISA and they advised us to claim dual residence as we spent so much of our time in UK. Had to provide unis with all sorts of proof of the time and 'footprint' in UK (eg house ownership, plane tickets and dates etc). It worked with a couple of unis, we are waiting on the others at the moment.

And make sure you give it a good try in any case. I had loads of people saying don't bother, it won't work etc like they knew and then it did work. So each uni has its own criteria that we can't know about, and you don't lose anything by trying.
i moved to Canada at the end of my gcses hence i lived in the uk for 16 and a half years and i want to go to uni in September what fees would i fall under

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending