The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fwong99
How did u guys find ur interviews ?

I thought it went okay, I didn't really mess up too much other than maybe repeating a point a couple of times. My first thought coming out was that I could have done better given the questions they asked, but yeah. Not too bad overall.
Original post by Fwong99

Quite difficult. Felt like it wasn't how everyone was saying. The way they asked the questions seemed like they didn't want me to do well. Quite condescending and pointing out holes in my PS i.e. You said x, but why do you think that when y happens, do you really think x? I felt pretty crap leaving my interview. I thought they didn't like me at all. But I got an offer pretty soon after so I guess they must have! Just relax and try to be yourself as much as you can. If I'm honest I didn't spend loads of time prepping, have an idea of roles etc but it's important it's natural and YOU are talking, not what you've read about what makes a good leader etc. Good luck!
Original post by Fwong99

I thought it went quite to very well! My interviewers were very smiley and I didn't feel too anxious, I made a joke though and they laughed so that may have helped out a bit 😂
Original post by kelzdestadz
I thought it went quite to very well! My interviewers were very smiley and I didn't feel too anxious, I made a joke though and they laughed so that may have helped out a bit 😂

Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Quite difficult. Felt like it wasn't how everyone was saying. The way they asked the questions seemed like they didn't want me to do well. Quite condescending and pointing out holes in my PS i.e. You said x, but why do you think that when y happens, do you really think x? I felt pretty crap leaving my interview. I thought they didn't like me at all. But I got an offer pretty soon after so I guess they must have! Just relax and try to be yourself as much as you can. If I'm honest I didn't spend loads of time prepping, have an idea of roles etc but it's important it's natural and YOU are talking, not what you've read about what makes a good leader etc. Good luck!

Original post by neilthomas
I thought it went okay, I didn't really mess up too much other than maybe repeating a point a couple of times. My first thought coming out was that I could have done better given the questions they asked, but yeah. Not too bad overall.

Thanks guys, elliott that was exactly what happened to me yesterday so i felt quite bad after
Original post by Fwong99
Thanks guys, elliott that was exactly what happened to me yesterday so i felt quite bad after

Don't worry to bad, I literally stressed for a few hours after and accepted whatever happens happens. Just focus on school work and keep refreshing those emails😉. Stats show the a higher percentage of people who found their interview hard get a place than that of people who found it "okay". I have no evidence for this but it's what I was told by the Cambridge students when I went there for my interview:"). Tag me when you post your outcome- would be interested to know how you get on, fingers crossed for ya!!
I had a very weird experience compared to everyone else.

The interviewers were too nice.

It looked a bit "fake" rather than casual and natural so made me a little uneasy.
If anyones still waiting for an interview I phoned up and they're releasing another batch soon :smile: x
That's great news- beginning to lose hope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey There,

I'm in year 12 and wanted to know whether I stood a chance of at least being called to an interview if I drop an A level subject at the end of AS. I would then have 3 A levels remaining alongside two AS levels.
Thanks
Original post by MedGK
Hey There,

I'm in year 12 and wanted to know whether I stood a chance of at least being called to an interview if I drop an A level subject at the end of AS. I would then have 3 A levels remaining alongside two AS levels.
Thanks

Not at all.
Original post by Elliottmanwaring

Exactly the same. I felt awful after the interview. But shockingly got an offer. Guess they make you struggle but isn't too bad in the end.
Original post by MedGK
Hey There,

Thanks

As long as you have 3 A levels and they include chemistry and biology you are fine
Great thanks!
Original post by MedGK
Great thanks!

I do 3 a levels and was called for an interview :smile:
How long after everyone's interviews did they hear back regarding an offer? And do you initially get something from UCAS Track, or does Imperial let you know earlier ?

I know Imperial has said that it's typically 2 weeks on average after your interview, but I've seen a few people here say it was much earlier for them, so just trying to quantify how long 'early is and how long I have to wait aha.
Original post by Percypig17
How long after everyone's interviews did they hear back regarding an offer? And do you initially get something from UCAS Track, or does Imperial let you know earlier ?

I know Imperial has said that it's typically 2 weeks on average after your interview, but I've seen a few people here say it was much earlier for them, so just trying to quantify how long 'early is and how long I have to wait aha.

I got my offer exactly one week after my interview. It has been a longest wait of three weeks from what I've heard so far. Imperial haven't contacted anyone yet directly. So if you get an offer you'd probably only get a notification from ucas :smile:

i got my offer 2 weeks and one day after my interview. I found out by checking track. It came at like 10:15pm so i'd advise just keep refreshing track around 10:30 every night for a couple weeks :smile:

Best of luck!

22:01 is the time! Most people seem to be getting it around that time. Rejections and offers... so watch out and good luck!
Hey, Is there anyone with an interview next Tuesday?? :smile:

I got my offer on UCAS Track 6 days after my interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending