The Student Room Group

Oxford Pathways Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by memeeee
Nope, thought that one was too much based on area to even bother applying! Good luck if you did :smile:

Probably won't get in but it's worth the try :biggrin: I'm guessing you're also doing Maths/F Maths A levels, do you do Chem and physics as well?
Original post by Gunjo
Probably won't get in but it's worth the try :biggrin: I'm guessing you're also doing Maths/F Maths A levels, do you do Chem and physics as well?

Yep, fairly predictable ahaha :') Used to do art as well but couldn't handle the stress of 5.

You do the same?
Reply 22
Original post by memeeee
Yep, fairly predictable ahaha :':wink: Used to do art as well but couldn't handle the stress of 5.

You do the same?

Jesus I can't imagine doing 5 although I do absolutely nothing in my frees but talk to people anyway :biggrin: but yeah I do those 4 as well. On Edexcel for maths which is a godsend and OCR A for chemistry but on dreaded OCR B for physics which is an absolute trudge in itself. You know you're on a horrible exam board when the A grade is 55% lmao.

Wbu, what exam boards are you on?
i got into history on weds 15th! does anybody know what to expect?
Original post by kibi.coco
I hope so. They said they'll tell everyone soon. They've given priority to those who live furthest away and I'm pretty sure I qualify for that. :biggrin:

I found out about my travel reinbursement today, I was offered £20 which just covers the cost of my train fare. Has anyone found out about accommodation yet?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PuffyPenguin
I found out about my travel reinbursement today, I got £20 which just covers the cost of my train fare. Has anyone found out about accommodation yet?

Found out about accommodation. I've got overnight accommodation in Mansfield college. Not heard anything about travel reimbursement though.
I got into PPE on the thursday and I've been offered £40 for the reimbursement and Brasenose College for the accommodation but didn't a student pass away there a couple of years back? I'm just a bit superstitious that's all :/
Reply 27
Original post by jade_on_tsr
I got into PPE on the thursday and I've been offered £40 for the reimbursement and Brasenose College for the accommodation but didn't a student pass away there a couple of years back? I'm just a bit superstitious that's all :/

I'm in Brasenose college too! Not sure about the student passing though x
Rumour has it that several people who once lived in Oxford have died. I'd ignore it #fakenews
Original post by PuffyPenguin
I found out about my travel reinbursement today, I was offered £20 which just covers the cost of my train fare. Has anyone found out about accommodation yet?

Just wondering whether you've heard anything about the accommodation yet?
Original post by Gunjo
Jesus I can't imagine doing 5 although I do absolutely nothing in my frees but talk to people anyway :biggrin: but yeah I do those 4 as well. On Edexcel for maths which is a godsend and OCR A for chemistry but on dreaded OCR B for physics which is an absolute trudge in itself. You know you're on a horrible exam board when the A grade is 55% lmao.

Wbu, what exam boards are you on?

OCR MEI for both maths, OCR A for chemistry, AQA for physics.

55% for an A, jesus...
Original post by katiew5
I'm in Brasenose college too! Not sure about the student passing though x

Awesome! What taster course are you doing? And apparently a student fell out of his window a few years back :/ I only found it when I was looking up the college when I got the email x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OxFossil
Rumour has it that several people who once lived in Oxford have died. I'd ignore it #fakenews

But it was on the news and college website 😰😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heyitsmeyo
Just wondering whether you've heard anything about the accommodation yet?

Hi, I only live an hour away by train so I didn't apply for accommodation - I will be going up on the morning of my taster day. Which taster day are you doing?
But it was on the news and college website 😰😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry - I am teasing. It would be a bit daft to make our life choices based on a fear of ghosts, don't you think?
Sorry - I am teasing. It would be a bit daft to make our life choices based on a fear of ghosts, don't you think?

It's alright 😂 that's true I was just wondering whether I should take the accommodation but I've spoken to people and I know I'm being ridiculous 😅 it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's alright 😂 that's true I was just wondering whether I should take the accommodation but I've spoken to people and I know I'm being ridiculous 😅 it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good. Have a great time!
Reply 37
Awesome! What taster course are you doing? And apparently a student fell out of his window a few years back :/ I only found it when I was looking up the college when I got the email x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology, no one else on here seems to be doing it though. Might see you at breakfast and oh I had no idea x
That's good. Have a great time!

Thank you! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katiew5
Biology, no one else on here seems to be doing it though. Might see you at breakfast and oh I had no idea x

Awesome! I'm sure you'll fine someone, did any of your friends apply? Yea might do! Are you going to the pizza thing? And yea I was just a bit freaked out when i realised, there's also a myth on the college website about a devil 😰😅 x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending