The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

This is too peak on us. They always send offers out at 7:30pm idky did that last year too, so refreshing same time everyday for the next month 😂 See you tomorrow at 7:30 lmao
Reply 2161
peak times for everyone
Original post by hopingtobeamedic
congrats! may i ask when your interview was?

Thank you :smile: My interview was on the 16th of Jan if I remember correctly!
Original post by Elliee_98
Yep I'm sure there is, it will be after March though. When did you get your offer?

Ahhh right that would make sense. I got my offer on Monday!
Original post by spikyphoenix
Hi @reneranger13

I have read from the GMC reports that the student satisfaction is quite low, and that the feedback for examinations, projects and clinical assessments is quite limited and often very late. How much truth is there to this statement?
Is the faculty involved with students, and do they try to create a supportive environment for them?
These are the only issues that worry me about King's College.

Thanks!

Hi,

In recent years this was the case - year groups are generally large and if the faculty is not adequately organised, it can make administration overly complicated. However this year is the first year of the implementation of the new curriculum.

I have genuinely not experienced a single administrative issue - lectures have been put up on lecture capture swiftly, there are always people on hand to answer queries, and most importantly, they now listen to our requests. Example: we wanted the libraries to be open for longer on the medical campus, so they changed opening hours to 24/7 365 days a year. Another example: just this week, we had a deadline that we felt was too soon. We communicated this issue and they promptly moved the deadline back.

These new changes have made it a pleasure to study here, and I expect student satisfaction will rise swiftly in years ahead.

All the best,

Rene Klay
Original post by k4224
Hi @reneranger13

I also heard that the bottom 10% get kicked off the course every year. Is this true?

Thanks

Hi,

This is not true.

Those who fail their end of year exams are made to resit in August. If they fail again, they must resit the year. If this is the case, and they fail their end of year exams again, they must resit again in August. If they fail this, they are invited to study a different subject.

I personally think this is very fair, if not slightly too lenient!

Regards,

Rene Klay

[ @37 P in a Q ]
Original post by reneranger13
Hi,

In recent years this was the case - year groups are generally large and if the faculty is not adequately organised, it can make administration overly complicated. However this year is the first year of the implementation of the new curriculum.

I have genuinely not experienced a single administrative issue - lectures have been put up on lecture capture swiftly, there are always people on hand to answer queries, and most importantly, they now listen to our requests. Example: we wanted the libraries to be open for longer on the medical campus, so they changed opening hours to 24/7 365 days a year. Another example: just this week, we had a deadline that we felt was too soon. We communicated this issue and they promptly moved the deadline back.

These new changes have made it a pleasure to study here, and I expect student satisfaction will rise swiftly in years ahead.

All the best,

Rene Klay

Thanks, this is really good to hear!
Does anyone know if theres clinical contact from the first year on the A100 course?
Original post by reneranger13
Hi,

All the best,

Rene Klay

Thank you so much for clarifying this, I also had it on my mind :smile:
I just wanted to say that I didn't think my interview went perfect, i spent ages going over my answers after and "what i should've said" and how I could do better but in the end I got an offer a few days ago! So to anyone whose like me and overanalysing, just relax because it probably went better than you think :smile: Also once more offers get sent out, we should make a Facebook page. Massive good luck to everyone!!!
It was just another normal chilled day until it got close to 7.30 :s-smilie:

Good luck everyone!:smile:
Original post by Elliee_98
I reckon there won't be anymore this week. Still waiting for 7:30 tho :u: like something is going to actually happen

Yep, Im ready to refresh then get disappointed 👌👌👌👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like they'll let A102 applicants know this week. It's been a month since we interviewed, and they did all of the A102 interviews in the span of two days. I think most other schools have responded to their GPEP/GEM applicants.
nothing...:frown:
It's another quiet night for me...
Original post by jcrafty
I feel like they'll let A102 applicants know this week. It's been a month since we interviewed, and they did all of the A102 interviews in the span of two days. I think most other schools have responded to their GPEP/GEM applicants.

Did they really do ALL the interviews on those 2 days? Are you sure?
For those who have had offers, does it show on the first screen where it currently says stasus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2177
Could someone please comment on student satisfaction in King's further than the comments made above. It is the one thing worrying me about this university.

Has it improved at all with the new 2016 curriculum? could anyone currently in the program give some insight?

Thanks guys
Original post by Hoiiz
Could someone please comment on student satisfaction in King's further than the comments made above. It is the one thing worrying me about this university.

Has it improved at all with the new 2016 curriculum? could anyone currently in the program give some insight?

Thanks guys

@StationToStation gave a good answer to this. :smile:
Original post by Cherub012
@StationToStation gave a good answer to this. :smile:

Ah thanks for tagging me lol! Here's what I posted a while ago:

"I went to a talk this summer and the girl there (she had graduated from King's but wasn't there to promote the uni or anything) said it's largely because it's such a big year. You don't get to know everyone and might feel lost and alone and you get quite little individual attention from the staff. I think she also said that the student's union is crap. I've heard from elsewhere that King's is quite disorganized and for example lectures get often cancelled without anyone informing the students beforehand. The girl said that she had the time of her life though and while these things can be annoying they matter relatively little in everyday life. :smile: "

@Hoiiz
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending