The Student Room Group

Epq help!!!

So, I took EPQ at the start of A2 and now I want to drop it. My uni offers didnt even mention epq and my grades at the moment is not great. Averaging B/C and EPQ is such a burden. I lost interest in it and I haven't done anything/minimal effort put into it. I asked if I could drop it and they're saying no as we were "told" that you couldn't since the beginning. I thought that too hence why I reached this far into EPQ knowing that I hate it, but a few weeks ago a few of my friends were allowed to drop it and how come they're telling me no? I'm gonna keep telling my teacher that I want to drop it so I could use the time to revise for my other subjects instead of wasting time on EPQ that is so damn useless, unless you can get an A*/A , unis doesnt even bat an eye. Worst decision I've made in my whole damn life 😂 Anyone been in this situation before too? and what did you do?
Reply 1
Original post by Queries
So, I took EPQ at the start of A2 and now I want to drop it. My uni offers didnt even mention epq and my grades at the moment is not great. Averaging B/C and EPQ is such a burden. I lost interest in it and I haven't done anything/minimal effort put into it. I asked if I could drop it and they're saying no as we were "told" that you couldn't since the beginning. I thought that too hence why I reached this far into EPQ knowing that I hate it, but a few weeks ago a few of my friends were allowed to drop it and how come they're telling me no? I'm gonna keep telling my teacher that I want to drop it so I could use the time to revise for my other subjects instead of wasting time on EPQ that is so damn useless, unless you can get an A*/A , unis doesnt even bat an eye. Worst decision I've made in my whole damn life 😂 Anyone been in this situation before too? and what did you do?

Talk to the programme leader, not necessarily your teacher. Possibly the head of A Levels.
Reply 2
Original post by Amefish
Talk to the programme leader, not necessarily your teacher. Possibly the head of A Levels.
The head of EPQ is my teacher. I told her through email since we only meet once a week and she doesnt have any free time. I am yet to reply and say that some people already dropped it so why is she telling me that we couldn't. I know it's late but if they force me to continue with it, I simply will not do anything because my priority at the moment is improving my grades since I only have a couple months till the real exams and I'm not sacrificing hours and hours to do this stupid EPQ when I could utilise my time to improve my grades.
Reply 3
Original post by Queries
The head of EPQ is my teacher. I told her through email since we only meet once a week and she doesnt have any free time. I am yet to reply and say that some people already dropped it so why is she telling me that we couldn't. I know it's late but if they force me to continue with it, I simply will not do anything because my priority at the moment is improving my grades since I only have a couple months till the real exams and I'm not sacrificing hours and hours to do this stupid EPQ when I could utilise my time to improve my grades.

I mean talk to someone of higher rank. Your EPQ teacher probably doesn't have the authority to drop you from the course without you speaking to someone with more authority about your concerns. And plus, talking to someone above your EPQ teacher means they'll be able to override her opinions :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Queries

I am literally in your shoes. None of my uni offers have EPQ included (other than bath, but I rejected them). I just cannot afford to spend hundreds of hours to look through my resources and write it. I am just write some random things on my EPQ really:colone: Just do it whenever you are bored of revising your normal subjects I guess. I treat it as a hobby as I picked a topic that I am interested in, sort of.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest