The Student Room Group

help with prefect application

Hi, this is my prefect application and would really appreciate it if someone can have a look at it and give some comments on how to improve it. (my grammer is pretty bad so don't laugh :frown: )Thank you so much!

I would like to become a prefect as I see this is a great opportunity to contribute back to the school from which I have taken so much. I believe I have the qualities required of a General Prefect as I am reliable, responsible and am prepared to carry out duties to the best of my ability. I am confident that I can set a good example to all students in the school, as I am sensible, mature and always follow our sixth form’s code of conduct. I have regularly helped out at parents evenings and curriculum evening, from which I have gained confidence in communicating with parents and visitors. I have also volunteered to be part of the Reading Challenge where I tutored a year 7 students with her reading, I have really enjoyed this and have developed valuable skills in interacting and motivating younger students. Outside of school, I am also committed to various volunteer works, such as caring for patients at a Marie Curie Hospice, helping out at after-school clubs for disabled children and being a member of St John Ambulance with which I offer first aid to people. All of these activities have allowed me to gain experience in interacting with a wide range of people, working as a team and develop a sense of responsibility and commitment. I believe I am prepared to take on the extra responsibility of being a senior prefect.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It sounds fine really, I've corrected a bit of grammar but your grammar isn't that bad!

bunzy
I would like to become a prefect as I see this is a great opportunity to contribute back to the school from which I have taken so much. I believe I have the qualities required of a General Prefect as I am reliable, responsible and am prepared to carry out duties to the best of my ability. I am confident that I can set a good example to all students in the school, as I am sensible, mature and always follow our sixth form’s code of conduct. I have regularly helped out at parents evenings and curriculum evening, from which I have gained confidence in communicating with parents and visitors. I have also volunteered to be part of the Reading Challenge where I tutored a year 7 students (should be the singular 'student') with her reading, I have really enjoyed this and have developed valuable skills in interacting and motivating younger students. Outside of school, I am also committed to various volunteer works (I would change this to 'voluntary roles'), such as caring for patients at a Marie Curie Hospice, helping out at after-school clubs for disabled children and being a member of St John Ambulance with which I offer first aid to people (This bit sounds odd, maybe try 'as a first aider'). All of these activities have allowed me to gain experience in (should be 'of') interacting with a wide range of people, working as a team and develop (should be 'developing')a sense of responsibility and commitment. I believe I am prepared to take on the extra responsibility of being a senior prefect.
Reply 2
thank you so much! :biggrin:
Reply 3
You have to apply to become a prefect?
Reply 4
bunzy

I would like to become a prefect as I see this is a great opportunity to contribute back to the school from which I have taken so much.

I think the whole thing is good, however instead of putting what you put above I'd advise:
I would like to become a prefect as I see this is an excellent opportunity to contribute back to this school, which had supported me greatly.

I think 'taken so much' sounds a bit like you've ravaged the place. :wink:
And omg, you come from newcastle right? As in, Newcastle upon Tyne? Me too! :smile:
Reply 5
HighSkies
I think the whole thing is good, however instead of putting what you put above I'd advise:
I would like to become a prefect as I see this is an excellent opportunity to contribute back to this school, which had supported me greatly.

I think 'taken so much' sounds a bit like you've ravaged the place. :wink:
And omg, you come from newcastle right? As in, Newcastle upon Tyne? Me too! :smile:

hehe thanks, yep im from newcastle, why? is it that unusual for newcastle people to go on TSR?
Reply 6
bunzy
hehe thanks, yep im from newcastle, why? is it that unusual for newcastle people to go on TSR?

You're the first person I've see nthats all. But I haven't been on TSR too long tho so I can't really say. :smile:
Reply 8
thanks
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
ok thank u
I love your essay. I don't see any reason why you where saying my English grammar isn't good at all. One gold star for you my friend. ☆.
I am going to apply the role of a prefect soon and we have to hand in a letter and have an interview does any one have tips on what to say at the interview 😊
Original post by Beckyboodles123
I am going to apply the role of a prefect soon and we have to hand in a letter and have an interview does any one have tips on what to say at the interview 😊

Hey I'm not sure if your interview are the same, but I have heard that last year at my school they asked people applying for prefect what they would do if their friend was smoking - I think this is to see if you are fair and know to report even your friend for going against school rules. Also, if you say you will bring new ideas to the school, give examples x
Original post by bunzy
Hi, this is my prefect application and would really appreciate it if someone can have a look at it and give some comments on how to improve it. (my grammer is pretty bad so don't laugh :frown: )Thank you so much!

I would like to become a prefect as I see this is a great opportunity to contribute back to the school from which I have taken so much. I believe I have the qualities required of a General Prefect as I am reliable, responsible and am prepared to carry out duties to the best of my ability. I am confident that I can set a good example to all students in the school, as I am sensible, mature and always follow our sixth form’s code of conduct. I have regularly helped out at parents evenings and curriculum evening, from which I have gained confidence in communicating with parents and visitors. I have also volunteered to be part of the Reading Challenge where I tutored a year 7 students with her reading, I have really enjoyed this and have developed valuable skills in interacting and motivating younger students. Outside of school, I am also committed to various volunteer works, such as caring for patients at a Marie Curie Hospice, helping out at after-school clubs for disabled children and being a member of St John Ambulance with which I offer first aid to people. All of these activities have allowed me to gain experience in interacting with a wide range of people, working as a team and develop a sense of responsibility and commitment. I believe I am prepared to take on the extra responsibility of being a senior prefect.

My best advize here would be "please think, why you want to do this firstly"

Not all but a fair lot of Prefects get rail-roaded into doing things that a Teachers "eyes and ears" are for in reality as well it could divide you from friends/wreck your reputation as who you stand for now! Be really honest here O.P is my advize as I know a lot of Prefects who it has gone wrong for (as they think, "yeah this can help" but it turns very sour very very quickly!
they are good thanks
no its perfect ahhahahahah do you get it
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bunzy

ahhahahhahaha your funny asyakidan1994
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bunzy

nothing wrong absoulutely excellent
This is copied.😡😡😡

Quick Reply

Latest