The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
[...]

I'm just wondering: does the NatSci to Maths include Maths&Physics to Maths?
Reply 1561
Original post by Zacken
I'm just wondering: does the NatSci to Maths include Maths&Physics to Maths?

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that's basically still classed as the Maths Tripos (could be wrong though...).
Original post by wolfmoon88
Lot's of good mathematicians in NatSci so it's not terribly surprising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol no?
Original post by Zacken
lol no?

Fight me bruv.
Reply 1564
Original post by Zacken
lol no?

ill av u m8

Spoiler

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that's basically still classed as the Maths Tripos (could be wrong though...).

So it'd be included in "Maths to Natsci" numbers then? It just seems weird with the NatSci -> Maths given that they haven't sat STEP, so ruling out switches in first year. And 25 switches in later years seems a little high.
Yep, according to that FOI approx 300 students change Tripos each year. Although from humanities to a science looks unusual :wink:

:biggrin: That's me all over
Reply 1567
Original post by Zacken
So it'd be included in "Maths to Natsci" numbers then? It just seems weird with the NatSci -> Maths given that they haven't sat STEP, so ruling out switches in first year. And 25 switches in later years seems a little high.

Well there's a LOT of NatScis (over 2000 of them) so a few swapping across after Part I isn't so unlikely.
Well there's a LOT of NatScis (over 2000 of them) so a few swapping across after Part I isn't so unlikely.

Fair enough, I guess.

...okay, I think I've got issues. I've been reading "Maths to Natsci" as "Natsci to Maths" and vice-versa for the past 10 minutes. It makes total sense now.
Reply 1570
2017 Applications Stats have just been published.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
2017 Applications Stats have just been published.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

Attachment not found

I don't think it's showing offers yet, and I think your attachment link is broken also.
Reply 1572
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
I don't think it's showing offers yet, and I think your attachment link is broken also.

Correct, no offers yet. They won't appear for a while (my guess is May).

The attachment is just a screenshot of the totals for 2017 and prior years. It seems ok on my devices but I'll check it again later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1573
Looks like normality has been restored for Engineering at Christ's.

Spoiler

While Peterhouse enjoying the "success" of having a high profile on TSR?

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1574
Over the last 5 years Computer Science applications doubled, while offers raised by only a third and acceptances are up by around 10%.
Daaaaamn :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Looks like normality has been restored for Engineering at Christ's.

Spoiler

While Peterhouse enjoying the "success" of having a high profile on TSR?

Spoiler

didn't Peterhouse win university challenge last year as well? That might have caused some extra applications
Reply 1576
Original post by k.russell
didn't Peterhouse win university challenge last year as well? That might have caused some extra applications

P'raps. But Cauis didn't get a huge spike from hapax legomenon. Or Trinity the year before. Yes they saw increases but not really so much.
P'raps. But Cauis didn't get a huge spike from hapax legomenon. Or Trinity the year before. Yes they saw increases but not really so much.

hapax legonemon deserved a spike tbh.. I guess Peterhouse is a small college so perhaps the number of people who are swayed by the UC champions is about the same every year and it just had a bigger proportional effect lol
Is it common/possible to switch tripos before the start of your degree? I am considering switching to History & Politics, having initially applied for History.
Reply 1579
Original post by princepandaxvii
Is it common/possible to switch tripos before the start of your degree? I am considering switching to History & Politics, having initially applied for History.

Not common, but not necessarily impossible. Best to speak to your college asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest