The Student Room Group

The BBC erases 88% figure for men in article about rough sleepers.

whilst highlighting 12% female minority.

http://www.inside-man.co.uk/2017/01/28/bbc-erase-88-rough-sleepers-men-can/

(InsideMAN is a website/magazine founded by equal rights activist and journalist Glen Poole. It is a very active website with a ton of articles about issues affecting men written by some of the UK’s leading thinkers. I cannot recommend this website enough).
(edited 7 years ago)
The BBC are clearly partisan.
Original post by CookieButter
whilst highlighting 12% female minority.

http://www.inside-man.co.uk/2017/01/28/bbc-erase-88-rough-sleepers-men-can/

(InsideMAN is a website/magazine founded by equal rights activist and journalist Glen Poole. It is a very active website with a ton of articles about issues affecting men written by some of the UK’s leading thinkers. I cannot recommend this website enough).

Original post by Dodgypirate

It doesn't take a genius to realise that if there are 4,100 or so rough sleepers and 500 or so are women, then the majority are clearly men.

The BBC article also fails to highlight that 93% of rough sleepers are over the age of 25. Is the BBC therefore partisan and 'biased' against people over the age of 25?

The answer to that is no, or probably not. Why? If you look at the original report you'll see the original figures (check page 6) written exactly as the BBC has presented them.

In other words, who ever had written the article on the BBC basically copied and pasted the data. To me this seems like sheer laziness on behalf of journalists than something needing ''gender theory'' to answer, as Inside-Man believes.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I saw my first ever female homeless person around a week ago. Might not even have been homeless, might have just been a drugged up hippie.

Women rough sleepers are a non-existent minority. The few that do exist have countless support groups and billions in tax payer money funding their help and support them in their misfortune. So you hardly ever see any of them wind up on the streets.

This issue of the homeless is a great example for the sexist female privileged world that we live in. Men make up the vast majority of the homeless yet get no support. Women make up the minority of the homeless population but get the most attention and support.

It doesn't serve the interests of feminist institutions like the BBC to portray men as disproportional victims. This goes against the feminist women suffer more than men mantra.

Original post by Dodgypirate

Without a shadow of doubt. The BBC is one of the biggest advocates of feminism in the world of media.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending