The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Law Unit 1 2017 Predictions??

Does anyone have any predictions on what questions may come up for the 2017 paper for a level law, parliamentary law making, delegated legislation and the legal profession and other sources of advice and funding??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im doing as law too. for parliamentary law making, law-making procedure comes up every year. id learn that, advantages and disadvantages of parliamentary law making and parliamentary sovereignty might come up.
Reply 2
Im doing As law AQA this year and I found that statutory instruments, orders in council and why parliament delegates law making powers will come up. Advantages and disadvantages may come up too.
Original post by rdlewiss
Does anyone have any predictions on what questions may come up for the 2017 paper for a level law, parliamentary law making, delegated legislation and the legal profession and other sources of advice and funding??

I'm doing A2 now. I can tell you roughly some of the questions last year. I know passage of a Bill will nearly always appear so know that fluently. We also had parliamentary controls on delegated legislation so know those ultra vires well (you're so lucky to get them)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by LGBTvoice
I'm doing A2 now. I can tell you roughly some of the questions last year. I know passage of a Bill will nearly always appear so know that fluently. We also had parliamentary controls on delegated legislation so know those ultra vires well (you're so lucky to get them)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you say passage of a Bill do you mean the parliamentary procedure?
Original post by rdlewiss
When you say passage of a Bill do you mean the parliamentary procedure?

I sure do! :smile:
does anyone know how you'd answer 'explain judicial controls on delegated legislation' and 'describe judicial controls on delegated legislation' differently?
Original post by nick_dyne14
does anyone know how you'd answer 'explain judicial controls on delegated legislation' and 'describe judicial controls on delegated legislation' differently?

they're exactly the same question aren't they?
Are these predictions for the WJEC exam board?
No it's AQA.
Is anyone doing parliamentary law making, delegated legislation and ADR for Unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what's coming up? Obsiouly you don't know for sure but what has a strong chance?
Original post by Jonjon1111
So what's coming up? Obsiouly you don't know for sure but what has a strong chance?

Who's this in reply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rebeccael28
Who's this in reply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's an open question
Original post by Jonjon1111
It's an open question

Check out this thread below -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4685772

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im doing Statutory interpretation, Judicial Precedent, Criminal Courts and Lay People. Does anyone have any predictions on what will come up?
You're doing exactly what I'm doing!!
For Unit 2, is it likely for AR to come up as a question as it hasn't in the past 6 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by garanhao76
You're doing exactly what I'm doing!!

I hate the legal profession! How do you find it? It's also crazy because to get an A overall you need 9/10 throughout with at least one 10/10!
Reply 19
Original post by rebeccael28
For Unit 2, is it likely for AR to come up as a question as it hasn't in the past 6 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AR is unlikely because what can you really talk about?

Quick Reply

Latest