The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London college of fashion application 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hi ! I was wondering if anyone applied to Creative Direction for Fashion? I had my interview on 22nd Feb and got accepted the next day. Im going to be based in Lime Grove, so I was wondering what people are doing for accommodation ? I'm looking at the costume store
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by pinkcactus
Hi ! I was wondering if anyone applied to Creative Direction for Fashion? I had my interview on 22nd Feb and got accepted the next day. Im going to be based in Lime Grove, so I was wondering what people are doing for accommodation ? I'm looking at the costume store

I'm looking into the sketch house as I don't mind travelling. Closer to city centre and have shops around the accommodation and I was there that day!
Was wearing a multi coloured fur coat haha.

Really? Congratulations! You make me so nervous! I had interview 21st and I haven't heard anything yet. Do you know any other people who applied for this course and they have already received any response? .. People who were with me same day haven't heard anything - as me.. I just wonder
haha, no sorry I don't think I saw you ! What course did you apply to and have you heard back yet? Yeah I looked at the Sketch House its really nice and in a good area, I just wanted to stay at the costume store because I thought it would be nice to be around people doing similar courses to me at lcf. Although the costume store is in a really horrible area !
Original post by hana_1234
Really? Congratulations! You make me so nervous! I had interview 21st and I haven't heard anything yet. Do you know any other people who applied for this course and they have already received any response? .. People who were with me same day haven't heard anything - as me.. I just wonder

Hi, no sorry I don't know anyone else doing the same course, you are the first person! You will probably hear back soon though. I was shocked to hear back so quickly they just called me, it hasn't been confirmed yet on UCAS though. What are you thinking to do about accommodation?
Hi, no sorry I don't know anyone else doing the same course, you are the first person! You will probably hear back soon though. I was shocked to hear back so quickly they just called me, it hasn't been confirmed yet on UCAS though. What are you thinking to do about accommodation?

I hope I will hear something very soon.. about accommodation - I live in London, but I will definitely have to move closer because transport is so expensive!! I thought maybe students halls / costume store nearby but I didn't read many positive reviews about it - all students recommend to rent flat/romm or live in sharehouse or shareroom - and it's what I think I will do.. maybe we can stay in touch in case I will receive an offer :smile: where are you from?
I hope I will hear something very soon.. about accommodation - I live in London, but I will definitely have to move closer because transport is so expensive!! I thought maybe students halls / costume store nearby but I didn't read many positive reviews about it - all students recommend to rent flat/romm or live in sharehouse or shareroom - and it's what I think I will do.. maybe we can stay in touch in case I will receive an offer :smile: where are you from?

I'm from Epsom in Surrey, it only takes just over an hour to get to Shepards Bush, but I want to move because I don't want to commute like over 2 hours a day. Where do you live in London? I haven't really heard may positive reviews either, but the reviews are just based on the area, the halls look nice inside and there is a big studio to work in. Im going to live in the halls because it will be a nice place to meet more people and have a good uni experience.
Reply 147
Original post by ritahayworth
Hi hun, idk if this is any help but i was in the same position as you, so i emailed and was told i'd actually been offered an interview.. but there was something wrong with the system on my Track so i'd never received the invite. anyway, the interview would have been this week so i missed it. i phoned up and admissions told me that next week they are sending out more interviews to take place in March. I'd advise you to phone up next week and ask what the situation is xxx

Do you think I should email them then?? Was it the student admissions??
Reply 148
haha, no sorry I don't think I saw you ! What course did you apply to and have you heard back yet? Yeah I looked at the Sketch House its really nice and in a good area, I just wanted to stay at the costume store because I thought it would be nice to be around people doing similar courses to me at lcf. Although the costume store is in a really horrible area !

Yes I have an offer. They called me yesterday ☺.
Yeah I guess so! I like the sketch house so think that will be my first choice.
It really is, not a fan haha 😂.
Did anyone who had an interview for knit or embroidery heard back yet ??
Reply 150
I sent in my application for Fashion Marketing on December 27th and haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in this position? I've kind of lost all hope of getting in... I emailed them and called on Monday last week asking if the class is full or if they're planning on giving out more offers but haven't heard anything back.

Do you mind me asking what questions they asked you? And what the structure of the interview was?? What kind of answers do I need to give? I have my interview next week!! Well done for getting in by the way!
Original post by OliHed
I sent in my application for Fashion Marketing on December 27th and haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in this position? I've kind of lost all hope of getting in... I emailed them and called on Monday last week asking if the class is full or if they're planning on giving out more offers but haven't heard anything back.

Me 2! I am also waiting for a reply for this course. I sent my application around 27-29th december as well!
Reply 153
Original post by busranergiz
Me 2! I am also waiting for a reply for this course. I sent my application around 27-29th december as well!

Nice to know I'm not alone haha even though I'm sorry you haven't received an offer yet. Do you think they're still giving out offers? The wait is the worst!!
Original post by iben_ton
Do you mind me asking what questions they asked you? And what the structure of the interview was?? What kind of answers do I need to give? I have my interview next week!! Well done for getting in by the way!

Hi, so they seat everyone in a group with the other applicants for the degree they are being interviewed for. For creative direction for fashion there where 8 of us in a circle. We just chatted for a while until we got called for our interview. I was interviewed by two course leaders, it was really casual and friendly. They start by asking set questions like why have you chosen this course and what inspires you ... Then they look at your portfolio, I don't think they where too bothered, they seemed more interested in your ideas. Then we sat down again and had a chat just about the course, then I asked a couple of questions. It isn't scary at all, sometimes they asked odd questions. Overall the interview was just a chat so they could learn more about you, it only lasted like 10-15 mins.
Original post by OliHed
Nice to know I'm not alone haha even though I'm sorry you haven't received an offer yet. Do you think they're still giving out offers? The wait is the worst!!

I have recieved an offer for fashion management at LCF but fashion marketing was my first choice. But they still give out offers, it says on the UCAS website that they have until May to respond but I am pretty sure they give out all of their last offers in the end of march and if you dont recieved an offer they send you an e-mail to let you know anyway so dont worry! I called their admissions office a week ago and the lady told me that the next "batch" of offers will be given out in two weeks and that I should wait 😂✌🏽️
Reply 156
Original post by busranergiz
I have recieved an offer for fashion management at LCF but fashion marketing was my first choice. But they still give out offers, it says on the UCAS website that they have until May to respond but I am pretty sure they give out all of their last offers in the end of march and if you dont recieved an offer they send you an e-mail to let you know anyway so dont worry! I called their admissions office a week ago and the lady told me that the next "batch" of offers will be given out in two weeks and that I should wait 😂✌🏽️

Wow, congrats!! I got an invite for an interview for PR & Communication but decided not to go, since I really only want to do the Fashion Marketing course. Two weeks?? Really close to Offer day... But thankful there is another batch, keeping my fingers crossed!
Original post by OliHed
Wow, congrats!! I got an invite for an interview for PR & Communication but decided not to go, since I really only want to do the Fashion Marketing course. Two weeks?? Really close to Offer day... But thankful there is another batch, keeping my fingers crossed!

Yeah or maybe before, but dont worry! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us xx
Original post by paige458
Do you think I should email them then?? Was it the student admissions??

I both emailed and called admissions - if I were you I'd do both so you definitely get an answer x
I have an interview (in morning) 21st Feb in Rich Mix venue. Who else?? I have applied for BA Creative Direction and MA Fashion Media Practice and Criticism

Hey I've applied for the FMPC course and I'll have my Skype interview in a couple days, can you tell me what they asked during the interview? I'm pretty anxious haha
and how did your interview go? did they tell you if you got in?
thanks and sorry for the multiple questions

Quick Reply

Latest