The Student Room Group

Pocket Watch In Exam Room

It's the most reliable time piece I have but I'm worried the invigilator might think there is something written on it and they would take it away. Would I have to let them check there is nothing on it first? Also the ticking may be quite loud but to me it's a relaxing sound.

My invigilator always uses his own watch to check the time, so the clock isn't much use. I like timing myself so I know I'm not wasting too much time on a single question.

There is a clock but I'm short sighted and usually don't wear my glasses when working as it breaks my focus.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AstroStudent101
It's the most reliable time piece I have but I'm worried the invigilator might think there is something written on it and they would take it away. Would I have to let them check there is nothing on it first? Also the ticking may be quite loud but to me it's a relaxing sound.

My invigilator always uses his own watch to check the time, so the clock isn't much use. I like timing myself so I know I'm not wasting too much time on a single question.

Get it confirmed with them, you will have to do that anyway even if it is allowed.

There should really be a clock in the room already. Taking out a pocket watch and putting it back sounds like wasted seconds to me in comparison.

Any form of watches, be it an apple watch or your traditional watch, they are banned from the exam room. You might get disqualified if you use one during an official exam.
Original post by Vanellope
Any form of watches, be it an apple watch or your traditional watch, they are banned from the exam room. You might get disqualified if you use one during an official exam.

Are graphical calculators banned?
Original post by Cynoscephalae

I honestly don't know if they are or not.

Not in my school
Original post by SeanFM
Get it confirmed with them, you will have to do that anyway even if it is allowed.

There should really be a clock in the room already. Taking out a pocket watch and putting it back sounds like wasted seconds to me in comparison.

I'm usually finished half an hour before the finish time so it's not much of a waste.
I honestly don't know if they are or not.

Cool.
In my mocks, I realised that the invigilators don't know about calculators. And I could've stored a crap ton of notes (it's 64 kb) so that's 64000 bytes as each character is represented by a byte. I can literally write a textbook of information, handing the grades over to me.

Feels good man.
Cool.
In my mocks, I realised that the invigilators don't know about calculators. And I could've stored a crap ton of notes (it's 64 kb) so that's 64000 bytes as each character is represented by a byte. I can literally write a textbook of information, handing the grades over to me.

Feels good man.

Well, that's why only scientific calculators are allowed. You need to be careful with that. People know the difference betweem calculators.
Well, that's why only scientific calculators are allowed. You need to be careful with that. People know the difference betweem calculators.

In my maths exam we are allowed Graphics Calculators.

There is a clock but I'm short sighted and usually don't wear my glasses when working as it breaks my focus.

Watches are fine unless its a smart watch or one capable of data storage.

You can use a traditional wrist watch. Just smart watches and those capable of storing data which are not allowed.
Original post by 999tigger
You can use a traditional wrist watch. Just smart watches and those capable of storing data which are not allowed.

I have many analogue wristwatches which work fine but I'm classy :smile:
Cool.

Feels good man.

We go round and reset all graphical calculators ... don't waste your time.

Theres a chap on TSR who is the actual person who decides which calculators are ok.

The guidelines are

calculator.PNG
I have many analogue wristwatches which work fine but I'm classy :smile:

What an unusual answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending