The Student Room Group

I am really stressing out with the amount of time I have left with GCSE's

It's 25th Feburuary , I have about 2 months and 20 days till my first exam, I didn't revise for mocks and I have zero notes written. I do 10 subjects. I do triple award sciences and I am highly confident I can get A*s in them with little revision, however, I am worrying about my other subjects. What should I do to revise in this little time and will I be able to pull off 7 A*s
Chill...you have enough time to revise!
i started revising about 4 or 5 weeks before my GCSE's and i still got good grades, not 7A*, but 5, the rest were 3As and 2 Bs (Bs in english lang and lit). Believe me i didn't even speak proper English until year 10. I picked up very fast.
Start making revision notes from now, you'll be fine :biggrin:
I wouldn't worry about it too much- I don't actually find it that useful to have a comprehensive set of notes for all my subjects. Past papers are far more useful, and then revise the topics you are consistently bad at.
Another important thing for getting an A* is exam technique- there's no point knowing the whole syllabus if you can't relay it in the way the examiners want it.
2 months is more than enough time- especially because you'll have the Easter holidays before your exams, and May half term in the middle
Reply 3
I'm not really using my notes because everything I need is online and in my revision guides soooo ya... I use youtube for revision quite a lot and practice papers. If there is a subject I really don't understand then I'll make notes on it. But practice papers are key. I think u can get A*s if u start your revision now. :smile:
Get on them pinterest motivation quotes.
We're all stressed urgh, god help the next yr 11s with the government sticking their big noses in and changing everything.
I started revising in may and was in exactly the same situation as you this time last year. If it helps, I achieved exactly 7 a*s and did ten subjects (so 3 a's on the end)
Reply 7
Original post by DystopiaisReal
I started revising in may and was in exactly the same situation as you this time last year. If it helps, I achieved exactly 7 a*s and did ten subjects (so 3 a's on the end)

wow ! Started in may and got 7 a*s ?!?!?!?!?!?
i can help with georaphy and rs
Original post by DystopiaisReal

What?! Thats amazing! Wish we could all do that!
LOL! I'm the one who should be worrying for my A-level internals and C1, C2 and M1 Maths!

Chillout for a second and evaluate.

2 months, 10 days. Approximately 70 days. Say you do 3 hours of revision on average a day, that's 210 hours of revision. 10 subjects. Say you want to split that equally then that's 21 hours of revision per subject. You can manipulate this though if you want to cater towards subjects you need revision for. So do 25 hours of Maths but 17 hours of religious studies for example.

Make a timetable to satisfy all your subjects and their given hours uptowards your first exam and you're sorted and don't need to worry.

Honestly, you don't need 21 hours for 1 GCSE subject but because you're already worried then start tomorrow if you want 21 hours per subject!

Quick Reply

Latest