The Student Room Group

How to decline my offers on UCAS Track

I'm considering applying through UCAS Extra, but not sure if I'm eligible. I have been given two conditional offers so far from my least favourite unis, Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield. However, I would much rather go to university like Loughborough instead and do foundation year there, than go somewhere like Sheffield Hallam (which is a much lower ranked uni). I regret applying to those universities, it was last minute decision and I didn't give it much thought but they seemed attainable. So I've just checked and my course is available (Chemical Engineering with Foundation Year) on UCAS extra but would they consider my application, providing there are still spaces available? Should I contact Loughborough and ask if they're still accepting applications?

My original choices are (in order of preference)
Manchester
Leeds
Lancaster
Sheffield Hallam/Huddersfield (made an offer, want to decline)
Original post by Sniper21
I'm considering applying through UCAS Extra, but not sure if I'm eligible. I have been given two conditional offers so far from my least favourite unis, Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield. However, I would much rather go to university like Loughborough instead and do foundation year there, than go somewhere like Sheffield Hallam (which is a much lower ranked uni). I regret applying to those universities, it was last minute decision and I didn't give it much thought but they seemed attainable. So I've just checked and my course is available (Chemical Engineering with Foundation Year) on UCAS extra but would they consider my application, providing there are still spaces available? Should I contact Loughborough and ask if they're still accepting applications?

Manchester
Leeds
Lancaster

So to check do you want to go to Manchester Leeds or Lancaster?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle

Manchester is my first choice.
Manchester is my first choice.

You can't substitute a choice , to use extra you d have to withdraw from all 5. If you re happy with Manchester and one of the other two as an insurance then don't rush into anything until you ve had replies from them :smile:
Reply 4
You can't substitute a choice , to use extra you d have to withdraw from all 5. If you re happy with Manchester and one of the other two as an insurance then don't rush into anything until you ve had replies from them :smile:

I didn't know that. I've finally heard back from Manchester, been invited to an interview for Chem Eng next month:-) Still waiting to hear back from the other two. Thanks for the help/advice!
I didn't know that. I've finally heard back from Manchester, been invited to an interview for Chem Eng next month:-) Still waiting to hear back from the other two. Thanks for the help/advice!

Best of luck for your interview

Hey @claireestelle

Do you have any questions about Huddersfield that we could help you with?

Sarah - UoH
Reply 7
Original post by University of Huddersfield
Hey @claireestelle

Do you have any questions about Huddersfield that we could help you with?

Sarah - UoH

You've tagged the wrong poster...

Manchester
Leeds
Lancaster

Hi,

Do you have any questions about Huddersfield, or the course that you have applied for, that we could help you with?

Claire - UoH
Reply 10
Sorry if your question has already been answered, but I wanted to add more information regarding Substituting your choice on UCAS Track and UCAS Extra, Clearing in case you are still wondering about applying through UCAS Extra etc.

I hope this helps.

Substituting a choice:
You can substitute a choice if it's within seven days of the date on your welcome email (seven days since you have sent the UCAS application), you can swap the choice in Track. You can also substitute a choice if it's within 14 days but you cannot swap a choice after 30th June.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...-undergraduate

If you are changing the course completely, you can apply to a different course through Clearing or UCAS Extra.

But to use UCAS Extra you need to decline all offers made by universities so I highly advise thinking about it first!

UCAS Extra - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu.../extra-choices

Clearing - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...s-use-clearing

You can also try contacting the university directly (contact Loughborough directly to the undergraduate admissions) if you can apply directly or if you need to go through UCAS Extra and if you need to go through UCAS Extra, make sure to ask the availability of the Chemical Engineering with Foundation Year course on Extra. (and write a new personal statement. in my case I sent an email asking if I can apply directly to the university to do Computer Science foundation year - they declined and said I need to go through UCAS Extra but you can always try )

Remember that the universities will receive your original personal statement if you apply in Extra and Clearing so if you are applying for a different subject, you should write a new personal statement tailored to the subject and send the new personal statement to the admissions of the university.

You can contact the university in advance before you send the personal statement to see if they're happy to receive a new statement and ask for the relevant address where you can send it.

Also, I advise contacting UCAS about any inquiries regarding your UCAS Application as they are very helpful.

Contact UCAS Undergraduate (UCAS Undergraduate) - https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

Make sure you have your UCAS details like your personal ID number when you call the UCAS people - all the details will be in your welcome email from UCAS.

Goodluck for your interview!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by (LSP)

Remember that the universities will receive your original personal statement if you apply in Extra and Clearing so if you are applying for a different subject, you should write a new personal statement tailored to the subject and send the new personal statement to the admissions of the university.

I advise contacting UCAS and speak to the university in advance before you send the personal statement to see if they're happy to receive a new statement and ask for the relevant address where you can send it.

Contact UCAS Undergraduate (UCAS Undergraduate) - https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

Make sure you have your UCAS details like your personal ID number when you call the UCAS people - all the details will be in your welcome email from UCAS.

Goodluck for your interview!

There's no point contacting UCAS about sending a supplemental personal statement. They wouldn't facilitate that and they have no say in whether an additional PS is desirable or acceptable.

The only people to speak to about whether an additional PS is required (and if so where to send it) are at the university concerned. UCAS are middlemen and have no say on processing outside their systems.
Reply 12
Original post by PQ
There's no point contacting UCAS about sending a supplemental personal statement. They wouldn't facilitate that and they have no say in whether an additional PS is desirable or acceptable.

The only people to speak to about whether an additional PS is required (and if so where to send it) are at the university concerned. UCAS are middlemen and have no say on processing outside their systems.

Sorry! I'm fully aware that there's no point in contacting UCAS about sending a supplemental personal statement. I worded it wrong :frown:

I was meant to say if you have any inquiries about the application you can contact UCAS, and for the personal statement, you can contact the university directly about the supplementary personal statement. I have edited my reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending