The Student Room Group

Taj Lifts

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Will update this weekly rather than after every session. Since the last update my most notable sets included:

Front Squat:
70kg x4
75kg x2

Hang Snatch:
30kg

Backsquat: (somewhat deloaded)
60kg 5x5
60kg x10 (still recovering from this lol)

Clean pull:
70kg x3

Snatch high pull:
40kg x3 from the floor

Deadlift:
110kg x2

Snatch balance:
50kg
In

Update every session bro :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
In, nice to see a WL routine :biggrin:

(IF YOU'RE ONLINE CLARENCE IS LIVE STREAMING)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH

You can't see much though and the comments are just actual aids
Reply 24
Original post by Unistudent77
You can't see much though and the comments are just actual aids

Yeah it's coz of his high rest times and the comments are just awful. I didn't realise the majority of his following were 14yo retards.
Original post by Sae.HH
Yeah it's coz of his high rest times and the comments are just awful. I didn't realise the majority of his following were 14yo retards.

It's cool he's trying with the whole 'live' thing but it's most certainly a fail today
Reply 26
Original post by Sae.HH

I was watching, such a shame about the comments though
Reply 27
It's cool he's trying with the whole 'live' thing but it's most certainly a fail today

It was interesting to see but tbh I prefer his normal videos, mostly because during the live sessions most of it is just rest intervals. But then again even those can be interesting I guess
Original post by TajwarC
It was interesting to see but tbh I prefer his normal videos, mostly because during the live sessions most of it is just rest intervals. But then again even those can be interesting I guess

Agreed. How long were his rest periods? Haha

Comments were going so fast he could barely read any
Reply 29

He typically rests 10-15 minutes for working sets.

Original post by TajwarC
I was watching, such a shame about the comments though

Yeah, although one comment was like Eoin or however you spell his name is Clarence's Ron Weasley and that had me rolling :rofl:
Reply 30

Long enough for me to fall asleep (literally) during one of them loool. Woke up and the thing was over.

I think this workout was just backsquats however (at least at the point I started watching) so it was all really just the same thing. I probably would have stayed awake if it was clean & jerk/snatch haha

Regarding comments, there was a lot of potential for a kind of Q&A thing to be going on during the rest periods if people were asking intelligent questions, rather than "NEXT SET TAKE OFF UR PANTS PLS"
Reply 31
19/02/2017

Nice session, felt good going in and out.

Backsquat:

40kg x5
60kg x5
70kg x5
80kg x5
90kg x1 (big PR, haven't attempted this since almost exactly a year ago just before my injury)
60kg x5, paused
60kg x6, paused

Clean and Jerk:

40kg x3 (1 clean, 3 jerks)
50kg x3
55kg x2 (only made the jerk on the second attempt)

Snatch pull:

40kg x5, 6 sets

Hanging leg raises, 5x10-12
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 32
Note to self: ALWAYS WAIT FOR THE (ACTUAL) OLYMPIC BAR TO FRONT SQUAT WITH!!!

Used a normal bar (which are normally okay for backsquats and deadlifts) today because the real olympic bars were all in use and I was pressed for time; it might sound like I'm being really pedantic but... I swear my front rack position for the front squat was screwed up, which led to what felt like my hips shooting up more than usual. If the far falls forward a bit usually it will just roll down my fingers a tiny bit (one might come "off the bar") but will stay on my shoulders and allowing my elbows to stay up and my entire posterior chain to remain somewhat upright - this wasn't the case here. I completed the rep (2nd on 70kg so pretty close to my max) but I felt some tightness in my right hip - deloaded to 55kg thinking it wasn't anything too bad but stopped after 2x3.

Feeling stiff af but there's no lingering pain. Worst thing is that I know exactly what this is as I did it to my left hip last year and that literally took the entire year to sort itself out (albeit that time it was far worse and I definitely made it worse due to lack of rest). But in fear of history repeating itself, I'm deciding to take the next few days (at the very least) completely off.

Just treating with hot water bottle today, might begin some foam rolling/cricket ball rolling tomorrow with more hot water bottle action. Should be okay by Thursday or Friday but I don't plan to go back to training until next Tuesday.
Reply 33
After a couple days of rest my right hip is pretty much back to normal. My left one however, seems to act up if I don't "use" it (I've noticed this over the past few months). The session went to plan, and I managed a clean PR which was unexpected...

So at least I know now that my methods for treating muscle strains/pulls are effective...

Backsquat:

70kg 5x5 - felt easy

Clean and Jerk:

50kg x2
55kg x1
60kg clean PR, pressed out jerk (so doesn't count)
60kg clean, missed jerk attempt

Accessories: BW dips, Lat pull down, lateral raises, leg raises.
(edited 2 years ago)
Whats up with your hip?
Reply 35
Original post by TajwarC
X

How come the jerk doesn't count?
Reply 36
Original post by Angry cucumber
Whats up with your hip?

Pulled a muscle on the right side on Tuesday during a front squat. Was pretty minor but it felt pretty stiff for a day or so.

The left side has been acting up for almost a year now (pulled a muscle quite badly on a deadlift attempt but didn't let it heal/rest, stupidly)
Reply 37
Original post by Sae.HH
How come the jerk doesn't count?

You're not allowed to press the bar up i.e. the elbows need to be locked out straight away once you get under the bar. In my attempt I got the bar overhead but my left elbow was bent so I pressed it out

The rule book for competitions is strict about this, it caused a lot of controversy at the Men's 105kg+ Rio 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHLZXNc3jVc

If you go to around 5:30, what appears to be a good lift was overruled by the jury due to a "press out". This subsequently caused the lifter to bomb out as he missed his next and final attempt and did not record a total, even though he had broken the snatch world record prior.
Original post by TajwarC
Pulled a muscle on the right side on Tuesday during a front squat. Was pretty minor but it felt pretty stiff for a day or so.

The left side has been acting up for almost a year now (pulled a muscle quite badly on a deadlift attempt but didn't let it heal/rest, stupidly)

What does your left hip do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Angry cucumber
What does your left hip do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So between Feb and October 2016 there was a lingering chronic pain alongside a sharp pain that would be triggered whenever I picked any kind of weight off the floor. Basically it hurt a lot

It took a massive toll on my training and I still feel the effects now, i.e. I can't even touch my toes (even with my extremely long arms and after stretching). But for the most part the chronic pain is gone and I'm back to deadlifting and doing everything else with occasional discomfort after some sessions.

I have to do a lot stretching, foam rolling and myofascial release using a cricket ball to keep it at bay.

What's up with yours?

Quick Reply