The Student Room Group

Gcse ocr latin 2017

I couldn't find a suitable thread so I thought I would make one :tongue: Not long to go now until the exams!! Anyway I am doing:

Language 1
Language 2
Prose (Ummidia Quadratilla + Messalina)
Verse Lit (Virgil + the Aenid)

Anyone else? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chocolatefandom
I couldn't find a suitable thread so I thought I would make one :tongue: Not long to go now until the exams!! Anyway I am doing:

Language 1
Language 2
Prose (Ummidia Quadratilla + Messalina)
Verse Lit (Virgil + the Aenid)

Anyone else? :smile:

I am doing all of them! How much do you know for literature?
Any tips on revising literature/any revision material to help
Reply 2
We're doing Caesar, Tacitus and Cicero for the Prose, but we haven't even finished them yet! I can't believe all the exams are so close together! (For me they're all within a week of each other)
Original post by Jackiemolena
I am doing all of them! How much do you know for literature?
Any tips on revising literature/any revision material to help

sorry so late! I do not really know lit that well, and I struggle remembering it:/
Original post by Ameliad11
We're doing Caesar, Tacitus and Cicero for the Prose, but we haven't even finished them yet! I can't believe all the exams are so close together! (For me they're all within a week of each other)
mine are within 2 weeks and i'm stressing out! Y10 exams are then as well!!:frown:
This website is pretty good for Virgil: www.classicstuition.com
It needs a school email address to register. No Messalina unfortunately, but it's better than nothing.
to remember it, just take it paragraph by paragraph, and rewrite it. It works best on Notepad, because you can see any mistakes.
I am doing, Caesar, Tacitus and Cicero and then Aeneid for verse. Does anyone have any tips on how to answer the 8 mark question?
Reply 8
I've been after one of these threads for ages but I've been too scared to start one myself haha..
I'm doing:
Verse: Catullus/Ovid
Prose: Messalina/Ummidia

How do people find Messalina... god I can't wait for it to be over. I have a mock on the prose on Monday and I haven't even looked at it yet.
Original post by geeorgie
I've been after one of these threads for ages but I've been too scared to start one myself haha..
I'm doing:
Verse: Catullus/Ovid
Prose: Messalina/Ummidia

How do people find Messalina... god I can't wait for it to be over. I have a mock on the prose on Monday and I haven't even looked at it yet.

does your school have a password for classicstuition.com
This website http://www.classicalbooks.co.uk/workbooks has useful guides for the GCSE set texts, priced relatively reasonably at around £10 or so. There is also another website - https://zigzageducation.co.uk/subjects/classics/GCSE/GCSE_OCR_Latin - but at £50/£60 per booklet, they are quite expensive. This is because they are designed for school use, so are exempt from copyright, meaning that teachers can photocopy as many copies as they need for the class.
Is anyone else really worried about the latin exams? - especially The Aeneid as there is so much to learn :K:
i'm doing latin, although i've been put on the foundation paper.
Original post by Stevenscheese
I'm really worried about the Aeneid as I had to learn it myself, so I don't know any of the discussion points on content (i.e. 8 mark questions). Have you discussed anything in class as I have no idea?!

We've annotated the whole passage very thoroughly if you want me to post my notes?
Original post by lucyshawx
We've annotated the whole passage very thoroughly if you want me to post my notes?

yes please, that would be very helpful
Reply 15
Does anyone have any 8 markers for Catullus and/or Ovid?
Original post by Stevenscheese
Yes please!!

Ill attach the next 4 in a min but sorry if they're rlly messy :/
Original post by lucyshawx
Ill attach the next 4 in a min but sorry if they're rlly messy :/

Thats all of them :smile:
Original post by JakeOwen
yes please, that would be very helpful

^^^
Thank you!! The notes are super helpful. Good luck for Thursday everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending