The Student Room Group

Trump is less authoritarian than Obama.

Scroll to see replies

You provide a link from a conservative news to back this up yet cry about how the mainstream media is fake and biased...

There is no group around more hypocritical than the right.
Original post by physicsfailure.
You provide a link from a conservative news to back this up yet cry about how the mainstream media is fake and biased...

Couldn't have said it any better myself... the article source is enough to show how ludicrous OPs statement is
Also - "relinquishing federal authority over gender identity policy" is an interesting and deliberately misleading way of telling the truth, which was that Trump scrapped transgender student rights.

Essentially, you're saying that Trump removing people's rights means he's less authoritarian.

Don't be so intellectually dishonest, alternative facts are just deliberately misleading statements
Original post by Shadrack97
Couldn't have said it any better myself... the article source is enough to show how ludicrous OPs statement is

and just to give the benefit of the doubt I read it, and guess what, it's complete rubbish. the logic is wrong.
and just to give the benefit of the doubt I read it, and guess what, it's complete rubbish. the logic is wrong.

you have more patience than i do mate, i couldn't read that nonsense even if someone paid me
Original post by Shadrack97
you have more patience than i do mate, i couldn't read that nonsense even if someone paid me

Lol yeah, it was a good laugh though. the author gave an alternative definition of authoritarianism and gave a longwinded argument as to how Obama was authoritarian and the whole world was blind to it. The standard "you've been red-pilled" nonsense. It's pathetic.

It may be biased but unless you can say it's false for a, b, c reasons that itself doesn't really suffice as an argument.
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
It may be biased but unless you can say it's false for a, b, c reasons that itself doesn't really suffice as an argument.

I have explained why the article is total crap in later posts.
Reply 9
Lol yeah, it was a good laugh though. the author gave an alternative definition of authoritarianism and gave a longwinded argument as to how Obama was authoritarian and the whole world was blind to it. The standard "you've been red-pilled" nonsense. It's pathetic.

Under obama the government reduced personal freedoms and trump has already started taking down Obamas authoritarian policies.
Original post by joecphillips
Under obama the government reduced personal freedoms and trump has already started taking down Obamas authoritarian policies.

generic point is generic. you're going to have to give specific details or this is just a non point.
Reply 11
generic point is generic. you're going to have to give specific details or this is just a non point.

The trans kids bathroom issue, it doesn't matter how you feel about the issue as authoritarianism is not defined by the rightness of his goals.
The trans kids bathroom issue, it doesn't matter how you feel about the issue as authoritarianism is not defined by the rightness of his goals.

How does giving transgender kids rights infringing on the personal freedom of others?

This issue is so small it would never make a difference for anything, something so small cannot be used to objectively conclude that Obama is more authoritarian.
Reply 13
How does giving transgender kids rights infringing on the personal freedom of others?

This issue is so small it would never make a difference for anything, something so small cannot be used to objectively conclude that Obama is more authoritarian.

By requiring that people act in a certain way (allowing them to use a certain bathroom), I think they should be personally but that is not what is being argued.

That is one example to back my point do you want to provide something that shows trump to be more authoritarian?
(edited 7 years ago)
By requiring that people act in a certain way (allowing them to use a certain bathroom)

That is one example to back my point do you want to provide something that shows trump to be more authoritarian?

The issue is very small. That's my point. No point debating it.
Reply 15
The issue is very small. That's my point. No point debating it.

There are more examples of Obamas authoritarianism like the war in Libya
Him telling ice not to enforce the law
War on Isis

President obama even ignored what he said while campaigning
The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.
(edited 7 years ago)

And there are even more examples of how Trump is authoritarian too. Let's make that judgement after Trump has done his 4 years shall we? Obama did 8yrs and he never claimed to be a libertarian so you'll naturally have more on him. Even the war on libya being authoritarian is a completely longwinded argument. Just because the govt does something, it doesn't mean theyre authoritarian.

Authoritarian rule means theres great infringement of people's personal freedoms.
War on Isis

President obama even ignored what he said while campaigning
The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.

Nice to see you editing after I replied. Again, none of this actually has anything to do with authoritarianism. he's merely doing his job as president and at the time american imperialism was in the nation's interest.
Reply 19
Nice to see you editing after I replied. Again, none of this actually has anything to do with authoritarianism. he's merely doing his job as president and at the time american imperialism was in the nation's interest.

A ruler that does not follow the law or constitution is said to be authoritarian

And the edit happened while you were replying not after

Quick Reply

Latest