The Student Room Group

Sign my petition to get tobacco/smoking illegal

I’ve made a petition will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/187685/sponsors/MLmTJ43pQm7hUQwaaUZ

My petition:
Make tobacco/cigarettes illegal in the UK
Tobacco has been proven to have a plethora of negatives effects on the health. If the government/'experts' have the audacity to ban cannabis for its effects even with the added benefit, tobacco/cigarettes should also be banned with the lack of benefits of smoking it.

If you were to sign it or provide and start a better then it will be much appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

But they won't do this. They make far too much money to justify it.
signed
nah fam.
Original post by Dannymacintosh97
I’ve made a petition will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/187685/sponsors/MLmTJ43pQm7hUQwaaUZ

My petition:
Make tobacco/cigarettes illegal in the UK
Tobacco has been proven to have a plethora of negatives effects on the health. If the government/'experts' have the audacity to ban cannabis for its effects even with the added benefit, tobacco/cigarettes should also be banned with the lack of benefits of smoking it.

If you were to sign it or provide and start a better then it will be much appreciated :smile:

I couldn't find your parallel petition to ban alcohol. I presume you've done one, given alcohol also has a 'plethora of negatives (sic) effects on the health'.

Where is it?
No, people should be allowed to put whatever they want in their own bodies, if they want to give themselves cancer, let them.

The illegality of weed (which I disagree with) doesn't justify this in any way...
isn't cannabis rolled using tobacco?
by banning tobacco you are guaranteeing a continued ban on cannabis even though your argument for this petition is narrow minded, not to mention unbalanced
Good luck.
Who the hell do you think you are? People smoking have nothing to do with you, if you don't like it then **** off somewhere else. People already know the risks of smoking and drinking, no one likes a nanny state.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lulucoco98
Who the hell do you think you are? People smoking have nothing to do with you, if you don't like it then **** off somewhere else. People already know the risks of smoking and drinking, no one likes a nanny state.

We'll just ignore the fact that for some of us, it is actually quite a serious issue. For me, it's actually an asthma trigger. And it's pretty difficult to avoid when you've got someone smoking who walks past you.
(edited 7 years ago)
I signed it simply because I struggle to breathe at even the smell of cigarette smoke. But like Tiger Rag said, the government make too much money to ban it...
I'm not a smoker myself, but if people want to smoke then it's their choice.
I vape so I couldn't sign your petition
nah bro I'm sweet
Original post by Tiger Rag
We'll just ignore the fact that for some of us, it is actually quite a serious issue. For me, it's actually an asthma trigger. And it's pretty difficult to avoid when you've got someone smoking who walks past you.

Who cares??? walk somewhere else. Shall we bend over backwards for everyone who's got asthma?? If we ban smoking we should ban drinking and close our nightclubs. Get a grip
Who cares??? walk somewhere else. Shall we bend over backwards for everyone who's got asthma?? If we ban smoking we should ban drinking and close our nightclubs. Get a grip

We'll just ignore the fact that asthma kills. You drinking in front of me won't kill me.
Original post by Tiger Rag
We'll just ignore the fact that asthma kills. You drinking in front of me won't kill me.

So does Londons air pollution? How we gonna sort that out? Banning London?

It may have nothing to do with us but theres nothing wrong with people caring about the health of others
So does Londons air pollution? How we gonna sort that out? Banning London?

I'm actually conducting a study on how much and to what extent nicotine affects the brain. I will require volunteers to carry out an IQ test though. I'm sure you could be of some help. :smile:
water can kill you. let's ban water.

Quick Reply

Latest