The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3620
Original post by HammerThyme
What is your intended goal here?

The poster simply backed up the previous post to add credit to the content and help ease the minds of the majority of us on here who are still in limbo. I appreciate it, as I'm sure others do, especially when you have posts coming from fictional SEOs posting all sorts of 'natural waste'.

Why do you always take the wrong end of the stick; and are so bitter towards those who have been placed? Envy? Are you really that petty!!

Also, are you CivilMac? I am starting to think you are both cut from the same cloth.

Thanks hammerthyme!! I really hope you are all posted soon!
Original post by Jamz115
Easy for you to say when you aint... ''natural waste'' or whatever other derogatory term they choose to use

Are you waiting on a HO formal offer?
Original post by Jamz115
Easy for you to say when you aint... ''natural waste'' or whatever other derogatory term they choose to use

At least you finally have shown a modicum of self-awareness.
The purpose of my posts were to provide clarity on a number of matters as it's been reported there is much rumour and speculation. My intention was not to mislead anyone to any particular end.

The department is under immense pressure and ultimately I felt it was important candidates understood the potential for there to be a surplus in the pool of applicants when the campaigns close. This problem is deepened by a seemless flow of candidates entering the pool waiting deployment
It's important all candidates understand this and that the department will do what it can to find solutions to these problems within the remit of its competence.
This is the largest recruitment campaign the department has undertaken in its history and we are working to ensure the process is as smooth as possible and lessons are learned.
Original post by CivilMac4
The purpose of my posts were to provide clarity on a number of matters as it's been reported there is much rumour and speculation. My intention was not to mislead anyone to any particular end.

The department is under immense pressure and ultimately I felt it was important candidates understood the potential for there to be a surplus in the pool of applicants when the campaigns close. This problem is deepened by a seemless flow of candidates entering the pool waiting deployment
It's important all candidates understand this and that the department will do what it can to find solutions to these problems within the remit of its competence.
This is the largest recruitment campaign the department has undertaken in its history and we are working to ensure the process is as smooth as possible and lessons are learned.

What exactly do you know about the top-level decisions being made? I'm guessing you know nothing and your input is your own speculation! It's certainly not providing any clarity as it contradicts what CSR are communicating.
Personally I don't care much for what you have to say.
Original post by Janice111
😂😂😂 natural waste 😂😂😂

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when your portal changes to unsuccessful due to insufficient space as happened to someone else happened on another thread
Original post by Jamz115
You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when your portal changes to unsuccessful due to insufficient space as happened to someone else happened on another thread

Where's that then?
Well I've had a reply to the email I sent over a week ago:

"Hi.

Thank you for your request of an update on your application.

Your application is now awaiting placement by our planners into your preferred location, and into a Line of Business. I am not in a position to advise you on what date this will be.

We expect this campaign to come to a close in April, therefore we aim to have all candidates in post by this time. This is the only information that we have at this time.

Whilst I appreciate that this is frustrating, HMRC are currently undergoing one of the largest recruitment exercises in the department's history, and your patience is appreciated whilst we complete the final stages of the process for you.

E&C Recruitment Team"

I received this same email twice from two different people this morning. I'm not sure why it took over a week to send a standard email. No reference is made to the fact that I was told over the phone on Friday that there are currently no roles available in Liverpool.
Original post by CivilMac4

Would have thought an SEO had better things to do than post on a student forum during working hours. :holmes:
Reply 3629
Original post by Waldorf67
Would have thought an SEO had better things to do than post on a student forum during working hours. :holmes:

Hahaha. Good point. I would ignore anything coming from the SEO unless someone other than Jamz can confirm its true
Original post by Jamz115

Ahhhh.........

I see you are working on the assumption that I haven't actually received a formal offer yet?

Tut tut tut.
Original post by Racso
I have just received a pension pack in the post....
First question what have people opted for alpha or partnership? They seem to be similar.

Secondly has everyone who has had their PEC completed received one?

Finally it says department. How can we fill this in without having a formal offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I received mine about two weeks ago . I've had my formal offer through in the meantime so I'm filling mine out today. I'm same as you though and unsure what to go for. Hopefully your formal offer will follow shortly.
Reply 3632
Original post by tillymitz
Hi I received mine about two weeks ago . I've had my formal offer through in the meantime so I'm filling mine out today. I'm same as you though and unsure what to go for. Hopefully your formal offer will follow shortly.

There's no rhyme or reason to this recruitment
Reply 3633
Original post by tillymitz

Ahh thanks. Congratulations on the formal offer. Where is it for

Just seen an email about the merit order for those who received an offer after applying for TSP 2016 as we have no interview scores that we can view and we've not been given access to this list or our place on it.

If I receive a reply I'll post it
A friend who was awaiting an offer just got a formal offer!! He has 444 scores and I'm so pleased. Deserved the break!
U still trying to lie about u not getting 444 Jamz?

Original post by Jamz115
A friend who was awaiting an offer just got a formal offer!! He has 444 scores and I'm so pleased. Deserved the break!

That's the spirit!

Although I have a feeling that you might be using the term 'friend' a bit loosely!
Got a reply about the merit list. Been told the planners do not give them access to this list so they are unable to even tell us our position on the list which is quite frankly ridiculous.

I was also asked if I would consider East Kilbride rather than Glasgow. EK is no good for me but may be suitable for others waiting on Glasgow. I'd email or phone them if so.

I've been told that the merit list from TSP 2016 candidates is decided from our test scores but I'm awaiting a reply to find out if it's only the initial sift or the tests at later stages of that application
IMG_1822.JPGIMG_1835.JPG

Latest

Trending

Trending