The Student Room Group

BDO school leaver programme 2017.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chedders01
Okay thanks, what stage are you at? And which office have you applied for?

I'm waiting to hear back if i've passed the video interview. Birmingham, you?
Original post by Ammmaaaraah
I'm waiting to hear back if i've passed the video interview. Birmingham, you?

Yeah Birmingham also, only just done my application though, were the tests good?
Yeah Birmingham also, only just done my application though, were the tests good?

The numerical test was good, I found the critical reasoning was a bit difficult (i got above average, above average, average, below average and below average) but I still progressed on to the video interview.

The video interview is nerve racking and I'm not sure if i've done good enough to get through tbh.
What service line did you apply for?
The numerical test was good, I found the critical reasoning was a bit difficult (i got above average, above average, average, below average and below average) but I still progressed on to the video interview.

The video interview is nerve racking and I'm not sure if i've done good enough to get through tbh.
What service line did you apply for?

Audit, and yeah I think the video interview is the bit I'm nervous about if i get that far, are they typical interview question?
Audit, and yeah I think the video interview is the bit I'm nervous about if i get that far, are they typical interview question?

They're skills based questions and not competency based, so you can't really prepare.
Have you applied to grant thornton? Their video interview is more competency based
They're skills based questions and not competency based, so you can't really prepare.
Have you applied to grant thornton? Their video interview is more competency based

No I haven't applied to them, what do you mean by skills, like ones you've gained from experience?
No I haven't applied to them, what do you mean by skills, like ones you've gained from experience?

Ohk skills based is more like 'what would you do if you were in this situation'
And competency based is more 'Give me an example of when you were in this situation'

Good luck :smile:
Ohk skills based is more like 'what would you do if you were in this situation'
And competency based is more 'Give me an example of when you were in this situation'

Good luck :smile:

Just had an email to say I've got through to the tests, and to you
Just had an email to say I've got through to the tests, and to you

Congrats. :smile:
Just do them as soon as (if you've applied for any others you'll find the tests are really similar if not some of the questions are probably even the same)
Congrats. :smile:
Just do them as soon as (if you've applied for any others you'll find the tests are really similar if not some of the questions are probably even the same)

Yeah will do, this one is for the numerical first and if I pass I do the next one. Haven't done any before though so may need to practice first
Yeah will do, this one is for the numerical first and if I pass I do the next one. Haven't done any before though so may need to practice first

Ohk is this the first school leaver programme you've applied for?
I found the numerical test was straightforward and easy, you'll be fine :smile:
Ohk is this the first school leaver programme you've applied for?
I found the numerical test was straightforward and easy, you'll be fine :smile:

I also applied to KPMG was too late and it's full, what was the critical like?
I also applied to KPMG was too late and it's full, what was the critical like?

Oh I never passed the AC at KPMG- so gutted (this happened in November and im still not over it lol)
There are 5 critical reasoning tests; deducing conclusions, drawing logical inferences, evaluating evidence, identifying assumptions and judging arguments.

I would say some where pretty hard and others were fine (but it was pretty late at night and i was super tired when I did them)
Oh I never passed the AC at KPMG- so gutted (this happened in November and im still not over it lol)
There are 5 critical reasoning tests; deducing conclusions, drawing logical inferences, evaluating evidence, identifying assumptions and judging arguments.

I would say some where pretty hard and others were fine (but it was pretty late at night and i was super tired when I did them)

Fair enough I'll just see how they go if I pass these ones

When I did the practice ones from the website they say to go on it doesn't tell me whether I got the answer right or wrong, is this normal?
When I did the practice ones from the website they say to go on it doesn't tell me whether I got the answer right or wrong, is this normal?

I think they don't tell the answers im not sure.
I never practised any lol
Are you going to do the actual ones now?
I think they don't tell the answers im not sure.
I never practised any lol
Are you going to do the actual ones now?

I think tomorrow, do you know instantly if you've passed?
I think tomorrow, do you know instantly if you've passed?

i think you get your report straight away yeah, can't remember lol
i think you get your report straight away yeah, can't remember lol

I've just done it and i get my results tomorrow, think it went well
And with the video interview, is it just your voice that is recorded or webcam as well so do you need to wear a suit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending