The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clinical sciences 2017 offer holders

Has anyone gotten offers yet - if so how did your interview go and what grades are you predicted/have achieved?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going, I applied last year and deferred entry. Thew interview was a group assessment activity which involved research and we were all marked on it, and It must have gone well as I got an offer. I ended up getting 3 B's so I'm going in September.

I didn't have my interview until the 10th February and they said on the day we wouldn't hear anything until after all the interviews were done, but I got my offer (conditional) on the 22nd of February. (I just checked the portal for this!)

Have you had an interview? Or got any news yet?:smile:
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by aishaaa101
Wow, firstly well done on the offer. I've applied this year and am on my gap year but still waiting on a reply. When I called them they said that since I sent my application off a bit later than everyone else (Jan) that they haven't gotten to it yet. Did they just conduct a group activity or was there an individual interview too since I've heard they do that if you make a personal statement on medicine? What subjects did you do at A level? Also what portal? So I'm assuming you're on your gap year, how is that going?

I applied in October and my PS was about medicine and I only did the group activity, the only people I'm aware of that had interviews were people who were trying to get on the foundation year and then switch to pharmacy and people who were going for the first year transfer to Leeds (I think that's the Widening Participation for Medicine). I did biology, chemistry and maths (further maths to AS). When I got the email inviting me for an interview, I had to set up an account on Bradford Portal which was for people applying there, it had like more info on courses similar to the one I applied to and was where I had to accept the invitation to interview, and once I got my offer more info on the conditions (a bit like an extra UCAS).
Yeah I'm on a gap year too, it's going okay, a bit hard with most of my friends already at uni but making the most of not being in school anymore and just working to save for uni and going on holiday :biggrin:
Where else have you applied? Also good luck I hope you get some news soon.
Wow, firstly well done on the offer. I've applied this year and am on my gap year but still waiting on a reply. When I called them they said that since I sent my application off a bit later than everyone else (Jan) that they haven't gotten to it yet. Did they just conduct a group activity or was there an individual interview too since I've heard they do that if you make a personal statement on medicine? What subjects did you do at A level? Also what portal? So I'm assuming you're on your gap year, how is that going?

Good luck on your application! :smile:
Original post by viriani
I'm going, I applied last year and deferred entry. Thew interview was a group assessment activity which involved research and we were all marked on it, and It must have gone well as I got an offer. I ended up getting 3 B's so I'm going in September.

I didn't have my interview until the 10th February and they said on the day we wouldn't hear anything until after all the interviews were done, but I got my offer (conditional) on the 22nd of February. (I just checked the portal for this!)

Have you had an interview? Or got any news yet?:smile:

Congratulations on your offer :thumbsup:
Original post by viriani
I applied in October and my PS was about medicine and I only did the group activity, the only people I'm aware of that had interviews were people who were trying to get on the foundation year and then switch to pharmacy and people who were going for the first year transfer to Leeds (I think that's the Widening Participation for Medicine). I did biology, chemistry and maths (further maths to AS). When I got the email inviting me for an interview, I had to set up an account on Bradford Portal which was for people applying there, it had like more info on courses similar to the one I applied to and was where I had to accept the invitation to interview, and once I got my offer more info on the conditions (a bit like an extra UCAS).
Yeah I'm on a gap year too, it's going okay, a bit hard with most of my friends already at uni but making the most of not being in school anymore and just working to save for uni and going on holiday :biggrin:
Where else have you applied? Also good luck I hope you get some news soon.

So you're hoping to continue with the BSc? Ive applied to pharmacy for the sake of applying and just filling up spaces since this course is the one that I really want to get into. So did you apply this year with achieved grades since this is your gap year and hence get an unconditional offer or did they include any conditions? Also, could you tell me more of the group activity and what you would suggest for it to go as smoothly as possible?
Reply 6
Hey !

I have an offer also - Predicted BBC. The interview consisted of a group activity & then a one on one interview where you spoke about work experience and a topic you'd enjoyed learning in biology.
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet?
Original post by Haaa101
Hey !

I have an offer also - Predicted BBC. The interview consisted of a group activity & then a one on one interview where you spoke about work experience and a topic you'd enjoyed learning in biology.

Well done on your offer! We have an accommodation thread here if you're interested :h:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4548766

Emma
Reply 8
Original post by University of Bradford
Well done on your offer! We have an accommodation thread here if you're interested :h:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4548766

Emma

Thanks!
Original post by Haaa101
Hey !

What subject where these grades predicted in and can you elaborate on the interview. Also are you applying to transfer?
Original post by Haaa101
Hey !

Hey!! I've got am offer as well and I've excepted it as my firm choice. I've been having a look at accommodation but not applied yet. I don't really like the halls and have been checking out arkwright house. Looks good and rooms are much cheaper than halls. Have you decided where you'll be staying? Halls or private?
Original post by ifrana135
Hey!! I've got am offer as well and I've excepted it as my firm choice. I've been having a look at accommodation but not applied yet. I don't really like the halls and have been checking out arkwright house. Looks good and rooms are much cheaper than halls. Have you decided where you'll be staying? Halls or private?

Well done on your offer! If you would like any further information about The Green then do let us know. It's in a great location right on campus, we also make use of natural resources and have lots of cool features such as solar panels and a biodiversity pond.

If you're able to come to our open day in June then you can have a look :smile:

Emma
Reply 12
What subject where these grades predicted in and can you elaborate on the interview. Also are you applying to transfer?

Geography, Biology& Chemistry

Literally it was just a group assessment where we tried to diagnose a patient from their symptoms. Then 1 on 1 interviews where we talked about work experience and something you enjoyed learning in biology.

Finally, yes I am applying to transfer.
How long notice do they give you before your interview date if you were to have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dont leave blank
How long notice do they give you before your interview date if you were to have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like 2-3 weeks I think but that was earlier on. If you were to be called for an interview now the notice might be slightly shorter as they need to assess everyone start sending out offers.
Original post by ifrana135
Like 2-3 weeks I think but that was earlier on. If you were to be called for an interview now the notice might be slightly shorter as they need to assess everyone start sending out offers.

Alright thanks 🙏🏽

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

We aim to give a couple of weeks notice but this can vary. If you are unable to attend an interview then just let us know and this can usually be rearranged :h:

Emma
Reply 17
How many of the widening participation criteria did you satisfy (out of 8 I believe) if you don't mind me asking?

Not entirely sure (as I can't remember the criteria) but I'm assuming I met the minimum criteria.
26th April I got an interview, anyone else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
26th April I got an interview, anyone else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great!

:goodluck:

Emma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending