The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Is anyone else still waiting on an offer from LSBU for Nursing Sept 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by chelseawall
I knew there was a deadline in January but i was still waiting for my reference so unable to send off my application, I hope it wont have too much of an effect on my application as i hear some other people also applied late or are still applying.

I didn't do A levels or an access course , i have a level 3 and level 3 extended diploma in childcare and also NVQ Level 2 in health and social care and have had previous similar experience as i was a home carer for a year and a half which i have just left recently.

I hope i at least manage to get to interview as nursing is something i have been thinking about for a while now and the more i wait. The more i want to do it.
I am applying for September 2017 entry.

Spoiler

Well universities give applicants equal consideration when applications are received on or before UCAS Deadline (15th Jan), so all you can do is wait and see, I'm sure your not the only one in this position. Let us know how it goes, LSBU are normally quick but I dont know what happens to late applications, you could call and ask admissions just for a peace of mind instead of you worrying, just ask the simple question.:smile:
London
Original post by nelfran29
Well universities give applicants equal consideration when applications are received on or before UCAS Deadline (15th Jan), so all you can do is wait and see, I'm sure your not the only one in this position. Let us know how it goes, LSBU are normally quick but I dont know what happens to late applications, you could call and ask admissions just for a peace of mind instead of you worrying, just ask the simple question.:smile:

Yeah i might call LSBU if i don't get any response soon, But just going to wait a little bit first.
Although yesterday i got an invite to Greenwich to take some tests this weekend so i'm happy yet nervous for those!
I really need to brush up on my maths!
Original post by chelseawall
I knew there was a deadline in January but i was still waiting for my reference so unable to send off my application, I hope it wont have too much of an effect on my application as i hear some other people also applied late or are still applying.

I didn't do A levels or an access course , i have a level 3 and level 3 extended diploma in childcare and also NVQ Level 2 in health and social care and have had previous similar experience as i was a home carer for a year and a half which i have just left recently.

I hope i at least manage to get to interview as nursing is something i have been thinking about for a while now and the more i wait. The more i want to do it.
I am applying for September 2017 entry.

Spoiler

With Student finance, you can still apply now I just received a email today quoting "Going to uni or college this year? You should apply for your student finance now. You can apply in three easy steps: Go to SFE’s student finance zone Find out what student finance is available to you by visiting our dedicated student finance zone. Register online It’s quick and easy to apply online at www.gov.uk/studentfinance Fill in your application You don’t need a confirmed place. Apply using your preferred choice of course and simply change the details online later if you need to."

I guess we can still apply and there ain't a deadline just yet, because people are still getting invited to uni interviews and all.

Which unis have you applied for? Have you attend any of the tests ?

Don't worry you will get through, you just need to research about the course you want to do?
Adult nursing, right ?
Original post by BrightSmile_:)
With Student finance, you can still apply now I just received a email today quoting "Going to uni or college this year? You should apply for your student finance now. You can apply in three easy steps: Go to SFE’s student finance zone Find out what student finance is available to you by visiting our dedicated student finance zone. Register online It’s quick and easy to apply online at www.gov.uk/studentfinance Fill in your application You don’t need a confirmed place. Apply using your preferred choice of course and simply change the details online later if you need to."

I guess we can still apply and there ain't a deadline just yet, because people are still getting invited to uni interviews and all.

Which unis have you applied for? Have you attend any of the tests ?

Don't worry you will get through, you just need to research about the course you want to do?
Adult nursing, right ?

Yeah i thought it was better to apply late than not to apply at all, I have applied for LSBU, Anglia Ruskin and Greenwich and have tests for Greenwich this saturday which i'm really nervous about.
But yeah it is adult nursing that i want to do :smile:
Reply 44
@BrightSmile_ [s]smile[/s] I applied for student finance yesterday ive already sent off my documents should take about 6 weeks, im getting ready nice an
early ready for Sept 2017 xxx :smile:
Hi nelfran29,

The workbook is something that LSBU gave me to do - its part of my offer as I haven't done any formal study for years.

I wouldn't worry about it - they would have told you if you needed to do one.
Hi I work at LSBU.

With regards to offers we are currently in the our busy interview period and we are trying to get out offers as soon as we can following the interviews. We will be sending out some more offers soon.

The workbook is only given to our graduate applicants for the shortened course.

Glad you are all thinking of applying to LSBU. If I can help with any of your questions please just ask.
Reply 47
Original post by Nurseteacher
Hi I work at LSBU.

With regards to offers we are currently in the our busy interview period and we are trying to get out offers as soon as we can following the interviews. We will be sending out some more offers soon.

The workbook is only given to our graduate applicants for the shortened course.

Glad you are all thinking of applying to LSBU. If I can help with any of your questions please just ask.

Hi, @Nurseteacher Thank you for replying, I am due to start my Adult Nursing Course in Sept 2017, How can I prepare myself? :smile: I am so excited yet so nervous, Don't know what I am letting myself in for.:h:
Reply 48
Original post by iheartjf
Hi nelfran29,

The workbook is something that LSBU gave me to do - its part of my offer as I haven't done any formal study for years.

I wouldn't worry about it - they would have told you if you needed to do one.

Hi @iheartjf Thanks for replying, and thanks for letting me know, I hope I'll be ok, I just want September to hurry up just want to get started really. Even though I don't know what to expect apart from what people tell you, I'll only really know how I feel when I start. :smile: Good Luck to you :h:
Hi, @Nurseteacher Thank you for replying, I am due to start my Adult Nursing Course in Sept 2017, How can I prepare myself? :smile: I am so excited yet so nervous, Don't know what I am letting myself in for.:h:

Don't be nervous we not a bad lot and I wouldn't worry about doing anything beforehand as we will take you through everything you need to know before you start on the wards. You will make some great friends on the course who will be a great support.

Are you going to our Havering or Southwark campus?

Unlike other uni courses ours is a bit longer, the long student holidays don't exist I am afraid and you will be doing something 45 weeks of the year. Despite that our students do have fun, they do get involved in the life of the university by joining societies, taking part in sport, volunteering and doing the typical student partying.

Well done on getting a place and welcome to nursing which I consider to be a great career.
Hi @Nurseteacher,

I am obviously in a slightly different situation. I'm working through the workbook ( very slowly I might add) using one of the recommended texts. I'm a bit reluctant to spend money on books that I can't tell if I will get on with. On previous academy study, I would have gone to a library and checked them out. Are they any books you would recommend for human anatomy/ physiology ? Is there a way I can access resources/ journals for free. I have found some great stuff on YouTube too but am a bit unsure of their provenance.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Original post by iheartjf
Hi @Nurseteacher,

I am obviously in a slightly different situation. I'm working through the workbook ( very slowly I might add) using one of the recommended texts. I'm a bit reluctant to spend money on books that I can't tell if I will get on with. On previous academy study, I would have gone to a library and checked them out. Are they any books you would recommend for human anatomy/ physiology ? Is there a way I can access resources/ journals for free. I have found some great stuff on YouTube too but am a bit unsure of their provenance.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The book I would recommend is Tortora, Principals of Anatomy and Physology. You should find AP books in your local library.

There are some good things on you tube

Some universities provide library access for their Alumni. It might be worth contacting them.

Try freebookcenter.net for A&P books
Reply 52
Hi @Nurseteacher 😊
I have myself an interview on Thursday for adult nursing
Do you have any advice or tips for me? I'm so very nervous but I am determined to do this!
Hi,

Thanks for all that. It is much appreciated.
Original post by Dannie0
Hi @Nurseteacher 😊
I have myself an interview on Thursday for adult nursing
Do you have any advice or tips for me? I'm so very nervous but I am determined to do this!

U

Good luck for your interview. The best advice I can give you is just be yourself. The interviewers are friendly and we are not out to trick you. Take some deep breaths, calm yourself and just answer what is asked. Good luck
Reply 55
U

Good luck for your interview. The best advice I can give you is just be yourself. The interviewers are friendly and we are not out to trick you. Take some deep breaths, calm yourself and just answer what is asked. Good luck

Thank you 😊 I keep telling myself relax breathe and take my time to think!
Yes that's the best thing you can do. Remember to smile and try engage with the interviewer. They want you to do well.
Reply 57
Don't be nervous we not a bad lot and I wouldn't worry about doing anything beforehand as we will take you through everything you need to know before you start on the wards. You will make some great friends on the course who will be a great support.

Are you going to our Havering or Southwark campus?

Unlike other uni courses ours is a bit longer, the long student holidays don't exist I am afraid and you will be doing something 45 weeks of the year. Despite that our students do have fun, they do get involved in the life of the university by joining societies, taking part in sport, volunteering and doing the typical student partying.

Well done on getting a place and welcome to nursing which I consider to be a great career.

Good morning thanks for replying I am fully prepared and I am so excited.

I just wanted to know will the university contact us nearer the time to sort out DBS and occupational health. I have read the guidelines on the website but still a little confused.

The course is due to start in Sept and I have applied for the Havering campus. I can't find any Havering students on here either everyone I have spoken to has applied for Southwark campus.

Thank you
Good morning thanks for replying I am fully prepared and I am so excited.

I just wanted to know will the university contact us nearer the time to sort out DBS and occupational health. I have read the guidelines on the website but still a little confused.

The course is due to start in Sept and I have applied for the Havering campus. I can't find any Havering students on here either everyone I have spoken to has applied for Southwark campus.

Thank you

Hi Yes the university will contact you and provide you with the forms etc to complete so don't worry. There is a good team over at Havering so they will support you well. Not sure why students offered Havering not on here, however let me assure you will not be alone. I look forward to welcoming you to the University.
Reply 59
Hi Yes the university will contact you and provide you with the forms etc to complete so don't worry. There is a good team over at Havering so they will support you well. Not sure why students offered Havering not on here, however let me assure you will not be alone. I look forward to welcoming you to the University.

@Nurseteacher Thank you very much, another thing about occupational health it says on the LSBU website that students have to see their doctor for screening tests, and they have to complete the forms which we need for our occupational health appointment, I worry because it's so hard to get an appointment with the doctor you have to book in advance. I know the course doesn't start until Sept 2017, but I like to be organised and know what to expect in preparation for my course. I'm probably worrying over nothing. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending