The Student Room Group

PGDE Primary Interview at Strathclyde

Hello!
Did anyone get an offer for an interview for PGDE Primary at Strathclyde?

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes! I did for the 2nd of Feb!
Hi,

I did! It is on February 2nd. I am currently feeling a touch perplexed by the "presentation on a topic of your choice" element. Help!

Ashton
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I wish I could help, I'm feeling just as confused. Not sure whether they want us to do literally anything, in order to see our presentation skills! Been looking at forums etc but so far no luck 🙄
how did it go? I've just looked at this forum now. Got an interview on the 9th.
Reply 5
Original post by musicman116
how did it go? I've just looked at this forum now. Got an interview on the 9th.

It was great! Don't be nervous it's honestly fine! The presentation honestly doesn't matter topic wise, but you should use it to display your experience etc
Original post by KatySoph
It was great! Don't be nervous it's honestly fine! The presentation honestly doesn't matter topic wise, but you should use it to display your experience etc

Do you know if you have a place yet? What was the written test like? Did they ask you questions on the presentation?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Do you know if you have a place yet? What was the written test like? Did they ask you questions on the presentation?

No they said we will find out in the next few weeks. And no they had so little time they didn't ask any of us about it but in some of the other groups they did. Also the written test is completely opinion based and don't be stressing about it either because it's just a trial and it doesn't actually matter that much. It's just loads of scenarios and you have to choose the best possible way to approach it as if you were a teacher! Hope this all helps!
No they said we will find out in the next few weeks. And no they had so little time they didn't ask any of us about it but in some of the other groups they did. Also the written test is completely opinion based and don't be stressing about it either because it's just a trial and it doesn't actually matter that much. It's just loads of scenarios and you have to choose the best possible way to approach it as if you were a teacher! Hope this all helps!

Thank you so much! This is my 4th application and 1st ever interview so I am nervous. Got knocked back from UWS and haven't heard from Glasgow at all. So I am a wee bit nervous lol. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply- means a lot 😀
Reply 9
Thank you so much! This is my 4th application and 1st ever interview so I am nervous. Got knocked back from UWS and haven't heard from Glasgow at all. So I am a wee bit nervous lol. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply- means a lot 😀

No worries at all! Best of luck!
Reply 10

Hi can you tell me about the group activity please? The question - what is the purpose of education? - what were the answers like and did everyone need to supply an answer separately? The second part of the question too about ensuring that every child will have an equal chance to benefit? I'm a very nervous person. Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thank you x
Original post by erin27
Hi can you tell me about the group activity please? The question - what is the purpose of education? - what were the answers like and did everyone need to supply an answer separately? The second part of the question too about ensuring that every child will have an equal chance to benefit? I'm a very nervous person. Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thank you x

It's pretty related to be honest just make sure you look up the curriculum, talk about SHANARRI, and GIRFEC good phrases to drop in!
Reply 12

Have you heard back yet?
Original post by Lolli12
Have you heard back yet?

I didn't get in. Have to wait 1-2 months for feedback 🙄 Have you heard yet?
Reply 14
I didn't get in. Have to wait 1-2 months for feedback 🙄 Have you heard yet?

Aw no! Did you apply elsewhere? I havent heard anything back yet and my interview was in December!
Original post by Lolli12
Aw no! Did you apply elsewhere? I havent heard anything back yet and my interview was in December!

Wtf? Really! I would chase it up as soon as. I applied to Glasgow and got rejected on English - which I have, so currently disputing that! And UWS didn't get an interview 🙄 That's my options out - 4 years of rejection kinda wears you down 😴
Reply 16
Wtf? Really! I would chase it up as soon as. I applied to Glasgow and got rejected on English - which I have, so currently disputing that! And UWS didn't get an interview 🙄 That's my options out - 4 years of rejection kinda wears you down 😴

My interview was unsuccessful for Glasgow and was offered a place at uws. Just wondering why strathclyde is taking so long! Maybe you could apply through clearing?
Reply 17

Also, how did you find out what you were unsuccessful on for Glasgow?
Original post by Lolli12
My interview was unsuccessful for Glasgow and was offered a place at uws. Just wondering why strathclyde is taking so long! Maybe you could apply through clearing?

I wasn't sure if you could do that with PGDE? I will try and find out tomorrow...
I wasn't sure if you could do that with PGDE? I will try and find out tomorrow...

Also meant to ask.. what was the interview at Glasgow like? What did you have to do?

Quick Reply

Latest