The Student Room Group

Plovdiv University Student Loans

Please forgive the silly questions. I only recently found out I had to go to med school and the topic of Uni is new to me.

Plovdiv MU is 6,000 p/y, does this fee have to be paid upfront or does it go onto your credit as a debt? I keep seeing people talking about paying half the first year fee in the first semester etc.

Plovdiv MU doesn't offer student/bursary loans. How do I then pay for my living costs whilst studying there? Are there Bulgarian banks I can get student loans from, or even British banks I can get loans from that come under student loans which I don't have to pay back until I've left Uni?
Hey,
Just wanted to say thanks for joining The Student Room: welcome on board!

How's it going so far? Found what you need? Below I've listed a few things you might fancy trying on TSR. If you've got any questions, add them to the TSR news, help and feedback forum.

Put your work head on:
No matter what level or subject you're studying, you'll find someone on TSR who can help. Find your subject in the Study Help forum and ask a question or visit our brilliant revision section for help and advice. And if you're planning on going to university, you have to visit our uni applications forum. It's full of people who can help you through the whole process.

Take it easy:
You know there's more to TSR than studying, right? In Hobbies and Interests you'll find people talking about everything from the latest football scores through to what mobile phone to buy next. Or how about the Debate and Current Affairs forum? Latest news, politics, education...it's all fair game in here.

That's just a taster, of course. To find even more conversation, head to the Forums page and find a place to start up your own discussion.

Enjoy the site!

Cheers,
Ollie, from the TSR community team
Original post by JasmineGlanv47
Please forgive the silly questions. I only recently found out I had to go to med school and the topic of Uni is new to me.

Plovdiv MU is 6,000 p/y, does this fee have to be paid upfront or does it go onto your credit as a debt? I keep seeing people talking about paying half the first year fee in the first semester etc.

Plovdiv MU doesn't offer student/bursary loans. How do I then pay for my living costs whilst studying there? Are there Bulgarian banks I can get student loans from, or even British banks I can get loans from that come under student loans which I don't have to pay back until I've left Uni?

Hi there I know I'm late but have you received any new information regarding this, thanks in advance
Original post by AmbitiousMedic99
Hi there I know I'm late but have you received any new information regarding this, thanks in advance

My boyfriend is a second year student and I'm also a member of the plovdiv medical school applicants facebook group.

from what i've gathered, to be put simply, if you don't have the funds to go to plovdiv, then don't go. if you yourself haven't got the money or you parents can't pay for you then it looks pretty bleak in regards to funding, especially since brexit, the bulgarian government is highly unlikely to give any of us any kind of funding.

I am having to take a 2 year gap year to make some of the money towards going.
Why go to Plovdiv when it gets such bad press? Clearly there are major issues at this university and with the GMC requiring all new doctors to pass a licensing exam in a few years the worry is a degree from Plovdiv will be potentially worthless. There appear to be so many better universities across Europe!

[video="youtube;chwfgV41lXY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwfgV41lXY&t=2s[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest