The Student Room Group

Nottingham Uni Adult Nursing Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tvuki1
Thanks so much that was so useful, I've learnt all the things you mentioned for previous interviews hahah. So is the whole day just spending time within the group interview? as you said its just a group interview cuz thats gonna be a long interview Did you say when we first join our groups we will have to introduce our selves or is that a question they ask??
Quite nervous for the individual questions is that bit quite hard like what sort of questions come up ilike about what going on with nhs, senirio or just like personality??? sorry if im asking too many questions hahahahah

No its okay, ask as many questions as you have.
No the whole day is not only the group interview. When we got in we first had to hand in the documents, then went to a lecture hall and asked nursing students any questions we had and that took a long time cause I think the lectures were setting up. Then we had a presentation where we just listen, which was just about why nottingham uni is best for nursing, and what they offer. The presentation took like an hour or so, we also got to ask any questions to the actual lectures about anything we were unsure of.

Then we were put into groups and led to interview rooms where there were three people observing us and asking questions. They basically ask us to introduce ourselves, say where you live, why nursing and why nottingham. Haha don't go in the room and shout your name or anything ok? :biggrin:

The indivudal questions they asked were mostly related to something that was being said in the group or something you said before and they wanted you to expand on it or something. Tbh I was scared when answering those questions as well, and when answering I honestly don't know what I said or if I made sense, I was all ovr the place with being so nervous. A question that was asked to someone in the group was I think something along the lines of how would you effectively provide compassionate care for a patient or something.

Hope that helped, feel free to ask more questions
Original post by Zee99
No its okay, ask as many questions as you have.
No the whole day is not only the group interview. When we got in we first had to hand in the documents, then went to a lecture hall and asked nursing students any questions we had and that took a long time cause I think the lectures were setting up. Then we had a presentation where we just listen, which was just about why nottingham uni is best for nursing, and what they offer. The presentation took like an hour or so, we also got to ask any questions to the actual lectures about anything we were unsure of.

Then we were put into groups and led to interview rooms where there were three people observing us and asking questions. They basically ask us to introduce ourselves, say where you live, why nursing and why nottingham. Haha don't go in the room and shout your name or anything ok? :biggrin:

The indivudal questions they asked were mostly related to something that was being said in the group or something you said before and they wanted you to expand on it or something. Tbh I was scared when answering those questions as well, and when answering I honestly don't know what I said or if I made sense, I was all ovr the place with being so nervous. A question that was asked to someone in the group was I think something along the lines of how would you effectively provide compassionate care for a patient or something.

Hope that helped, feel free to ask more questions

Thank you, you were so much help, I had it today and I think it went alright hopefully!! Of course there is the dominating individuals but overall i felt it went ok well we shall see hahhaha. The presentation at the beginning was good like I wasn't really considering Nottingham but after that I think I might.
Thank you again!!!!
Reply 22
Original post by tvuki1
Thank you, you were so much help, I had it today and I think it went alright hopefully!! Of course there is the dominating individuals but overall i felt it went ok well we shall see hahhaha. The presentation at the beginning was good like I wasn't really considering Nottingham but after that I think I might.
Thank you again!!!!

Your welcome! Ikr their presentation at the begining was so poweful. How many interviewers did you have? Did you like them? Hope it went well!! Good luck
Original post by Zee99
Your welcome! Ikr their presentation at the begining was so poweful. How many interviewers did you have? Did you like them? Hope it went well!! Good luck

Thanks there was three, two lectures and one student! they were lovely. What other uni have you applied too?? Just need to hurry up and hear back from them:colondollar:
Reply 24
Hiya!
I had my interview on Saturday too, I'm now considering having it as my firm place because I was so impressed by the uni! I'm praying I get a place.
Have you heard back yet? I know it's only been 2 working days haha!

Fingers crossed😊
Original post by Gj63
Hiya!
I had my interview on Saturday too, I'm now considering having it as my firm place because I was so impressed by the uni! I'm praying I get a place.

Fingers crossed😊

No i haven't hahahha. How do you think yours went? What other university have you applied too?
Reply 26
Oh no, me neither! They did say it would take roughly a week.
I think it went alright actually, I wasn't sure how they'd know who was giving answers though if that makes sense? I know we all had name badges on but I was thinking would they still be able to judge us even if they can't see our name badges? Perhaps I'm just overthinking it😅
I've also applied to Keele, Teesside, Bournemouth! What about you?
Original post by Gj63
Oh no, me neither! They did say it would take roughly a week.
I think it went alright actually, I wasn't sure how they'd know who was giving answers though if that makes sense? I know we all had name badges on but I was thinking would they still be able to judge us even if they can't see our name badges? Perhaps I'm just overthinking it😅
I've also applied to Keele, Teesside, Bournemouth! What about you?

Dont worry about it, I was sat next to one of them and when we were introducing ourselves they were writing down our names:wink:
I live down south, thats why I wasn't really considering Nottingham as its a bit too far from home. I applied to Cardiff, Southampton and UWE bristol you had any other interviews?
Reply 28
Original post by tvuki1
Thanks there was three, two lectures and one student! they were lovely. What other uni have you applied too?? Just need to hurry up and hear back from them:colondollar:

I have applied to derby, birmingham city, sheffield and lincoln. I have been to derby uni's interview just waiting to hear back from them. And I had interviews with sheffield and lincoln but decided to withdraw from them. I am also thinking of withdrawing my application from birmingam city as that one's interview is in march and i really don't want to go there.
Reply 29
Original post by Gj63
Hiya!

Fingers crossed😊

How did your interview go? I had an interview on staurday and they got back to me on monday offering me a place. Ikr their presentation at the begining was soo poweful. Keep me updated on the progress, good luck
Reply 30
I personally think the interview went alright! Ahh was your interview on the 18th too? Congratulations of your offer - that's amazing! I still haven't heard back yet, still got my fingers crossed though
Original post by Gj63
I personally think the interview went alright! Ahh was your interview on the 18th too? Congratulations of your offer - that's amazing! I still haven't heard back yet, still got my fingers crossed though

Hey, I also had my interview on the 18th. Have you heard back yet? I'm still waiting.
Reply 32
Original post by amylouise.
Hey, I also had my interview on the 18th. Have you heard back yet? I'm still waiting.

Hiya! Don't worry, I phoned them up yesterday and they said they haven't sent out offers yet and we should know this week😊
Original post by Gj63
Hiya! Don't worry, I phoned them up yesterday and they said they haven't sent out offers yet and we should know this week😊

Okay thank you! Have been panicking so much. Hopefully find out soon then! :smile:
Original post by Gj63

hahahah thank god I was getting worried too:biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by tvuki1
hahahah thank god I was getting worried too:biggrin:

Hey, have you guys heard back yet?!:-)
Reply 36
Original post by mariahhhlee
OMG congratulation lovely!! I knew you'd do amazing, is it conditional or unconditional?! And it's your first choice ahhh, well done! I got another offer from Kings!

Hey, congratulation on your offers. How was your interview for kings can you share some tips, please?

Quick Reply

Latest