The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics Unit 4 The Global Economy RESIT (old spec) 2017

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing this exam.
Original post by ded101
Thank GOD
Hows it going? theres so much content man but I NEED an A*

You know its the last ever exam so I'm hoping it will be normal (not too hard) as most are doing it as a resit

I've been over the textbook and notes, I still need to recap economic development, which was my strongest topic last year, I need an A. The data response it the bit I really need to tackle and timing, I didn't even finish the paper last year. I think I can do well on Section A, but I need to work on Section B.
All candidates are doing it as a resit.
Original post by ded101
I had food poisoning on the bloody day of the exam. It was the day of brexit polls and the worst day ever because i couldn't concentrate and i was sick

these are my results:
Unit 1: B (low B)
Unit 2: B (high B)
Unit 3: A
Unit 4: D :angry:

I'm resitting unit 4 and unit 1 aswell as well doing maths A level from scratch, I wanna cry lol

Same man. The funny thing is in my mock last year i got 42/50 in the data response and I never took that exam seriously but I knew I effed up in last years actual exam. I have planned ALL the essays for section A, I can take pictures of them send them them if you if you want

p.s just keep going over content because there is SO much and I know I forgot a lot of things during the exam even though I went through it

I need basically 60/80 in unit 1 preferably 65/80
and 80/100 in unit 4

need an A overall though

What are you hoping to study at uni?

Way better than my results :tongue: , I'll also be resitting unit 1 and unit 4.

"I have planned ALL the essays for section A, I can take pictures of them send them them if you if you want " That would be helpful, thanks.

For unit 1, I think I can get full marks for the multiple choice questions, data response is a bit trickier, I forget how many points have to be made for each question sometimes.

I thought the exam went well last year, but I pretty much failed.

I hope to study maths at university.
Original post by ded101
I'll send them this week (theres a lot lol)

oh woo! lol we will need to discuss our others after those exams

Yeah i just did the MCQ's yesterday and got 30/32 but data response is always harder. I guess if we get realistically 27/32 in MSQ and 35/48 in data response we have a decent A grade

The mark scheme is very helpful for data response though because they have the same points for similar questions over the years

Nice! i'm hoping to do economics but i'm thankful its hardly any of this essay bs because degree economics has more maths and its a lot more fun imo

how many exams do you have in the summer?
i have 8 lol :frown:

I have 11 exams in the summer.
Original post by ded101
It will be alright. We will get our A/A* grades and then no more a level for life

What do you need overall? AAA?

That'll be a relief, just 3 and a bit months left.
I need Around A*AA
Reply 6
Im resitting unit 4. I have no clue where to start with revison
Original post by olaf525
Im resitting unit 4. I have no clue where to start with revison

It's tricky, because to me it seems like you can go through the content and know it thoroughly, but still not know where to start with an essay; but I'd said go through each topic and make sure you remember everything, then do a few questions under timed conditions, then go through the mark scheme and examiners report where there is often highly marked responses.
Reply 8
Original post by NotNotBatman
It's tricky, because to me it seems like you can go through the content and know it thoroughly, but still not know where to start with an essay; but I'd said go through each topic and make sure you remember everything, then do a few questions under timed conditions, then go through the mark scheme and examiners report where there is often highly marked responses.

thank you. Are there case studies we need to learn for a developed and developing country?
Original post by olaf525
thank you. Are there case studies we need to learn for a developed and developing country?

Another thing I'd suggest, is practice the order in which you identify points, so that you can comfortably write in continuous prose.

There are some case studies on the previous exam threads, if you just google something such as '6EC04 thread', you'll find some.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Way better than my results :tongue: , I'll also be resitting unit 1 and unit 4.

"I have planned ALL the essays for section A, I can take pictures of them send them them if you if you want " That would be helpful, thanks.

For unit 1, I think I can get full marks for the multiple choice questions, data response is a bit trickier, I forget how many points have to be made for each question sometimes.

I thought the exam went well last year, but I pretty much failed.

I hope to study maths at university.

Im retaking and got BBE last a E in maths. I'm now doing psychology from scratch and unit 1 and unit 4 Econ, I got unit B Unit 2 A unit 3 A unit 4 D, do you think you could also send me those essay plans.
Reply 11
Could you also send me those essay plans as well.
I'm resitting unit 4 aswell. Can you send me your essay plans too please!!!
And how will the grade boundaries work? As people are resitting will the boundaries be higher than normal?
Original post by 3048318
I'll send them this week (theres a lot lol)

oh woo! lol we will need to discuss our others after those exams

Yeah i just did the MCQ's yesterday and got 30/32 but data response is always harder. I guess if we get realistically 27/32 in MSQ and 35/48 in data response we have a decent A grade

The mark scheme is very helpful for data response though because they have the same points for similar questions over the years

Nice! i'm hoping to do economics but i'm thankful its hardly any of this essay bs because degree economics has more maths and its a lot more fun imo

how many exams do you have in the summer?
i have 8 lol :frown:

Hi, I got a high D last year and i was hoping I could see those essay plans. How did unit 1 go i also resat that unit hopefully got at least a B
Has he/she sent the essay plans to anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any predictions or anything for the questions.
Reply 17
Original post by 3048318
I had food poisoning on the bloody day of the exam. It was the day of brexit polls and the worst day ever because i couldn't concentrate and i was sick

these are my results:
Unit 1: B (low B)
Unit 2: B (high B)
Unit 3: A
Unit 4: D :angry:

I'm resitting unit 4 and unit 1 aswell as well doing maths A level from scratch, I wanna cry lol

Same man. The funny thing is in my mock last year i got 42/50 in the data response and I never took that exam seriously but I knew I effed up in last years actual exam. I have planned ALL the essays for section A, I can take pictures of them send them them if you if you want

p.s just keep going over content because there is SO much and I know I forgot a lot of things during the exam even though I went through it

I need basically 60/80 in unit 1 preferably 65/80
and 80/100 in unit 4

need an A overall though

What are you hoping to study at uni?

Hi, could you please send me pictures of your planned essays? It would be of great help, thank you!
Reply 18
good luck lads
I thought that was a pretty solid paper. Quite a bit of regurgitation from old papers.
I did question 2 (Global Competitiveness) and 4 (Bolivia)
No idea how grade boundaries will work though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending