The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

University of st andrews 2017 applicants and offer holders page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/314392885624420/ - is a facebook page I've created for applicants because I couldn't find any!!
Reply 1
Hey, I have a couple of questions about societies and funding and things like that - does anyone know a good thread for getting answers from students? (I know this is a strange one to post this on)
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by CN2
Hey, I have a couple of questions about societies and funding and things like that - does anyone know a good thread for getting answers from students? (I know this is a strange one to post this on)

You've maybe found it by now but there is a St Andrew's ask a current student thread. It's at the top of the St Andrew's uni forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Science_Girl
You've maybe found it by now but there is a St Andrew's ask a current student thread. It's at the top of the St Andrew's uni forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have found it, it's so helpful! But thanks for your reply 😊
Reply 4
Hi ,
so i'm an international student ,
i received my offer from st andrews recently ,i also received one from bath , wariwick , durham and exeter
however bath and st andrews were my top preferences , and now i'm in a fix
both my offers are for the course of BSc management.
Both bath and st andrews seem amazing , however from what i've heard st. andrews doesn't have much to do
as a town , while bath in comparison has more and is closer to london making it more attractive for the weekends , night life etc.
so i was looking forward for a little help in making this choice between the two , and a little insight on how st andrews really is
Reply 5
Original post by sanya_06
Hi ,
i received my offer from st andrews recently ,i also received one from bath , wariwick , durham and exeter
Both bath and st andrews seem amazing , however from what i've heard st. andrews doesn't have much to do
as a town , while bath in comparison has more and is closer to london making it more attractive for the weekends , night life etc.
so i was looking forward for a little help in making this choice between the two , and a little insight on how st andrews really is

Go for St.Andrews. Nothing much happens in Bath either, and St. Andrews is special..
Reply 6
Original post by Film
Go for St.Andrews. Nothing much happens in Bath either, and St. Andrews is special..

but isn't bath's proximity to london a major plus point for it ?
Reply 7
Hi ,

I can't give an unbiased view, as I know very little about Bath St Andrews is a really good uni! At least for certain subjects, it ranks pretty highly, often close to Oxbridge. The age of the uni and town make it a really nice place to study. They also have good research and loads of flexibility in the degree structure. Plus I've heard that despite the size there is a nightlife with house parties and things like that and it's really easy to get to most of the Scottish cities.

As I say I can't give a fair comparison but I hope you make the right choice for you whichever you pick! 😊
Reply 8
but isn't bath's proximity to london a major plus point for it ?

No Bath is too far away from London. 2 hours each way of traveling time.Most Bath students rarely go to London.
Hi everyone

Does anyone know if it's possible to begin my Masters at St Andrews in January? I tried to check on their websites but it just showed the term dates, not if its possible to actually apply to start in January.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending