The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Met September accommodation

Just had an offer for MMU to start in September. I don't really want to go into halls as I'm 26 and doing a postgraduate degree. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same position and will have rooms to rent in a student house or if anyone wanted to get a house together ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heya! I don't know if you are a female or not but I do have a double room available from august 1st?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Hey I am female, sorry forgot to mention that lol how much is the room? How many other people are in the house? X
Reply 3
Original post by abdola
Heya! I don't know if you are a female or not but I do have a double room available from august 1st?

I've just realised you've sent the link for the room. That looks nice, the only thing is I didn't want to move until end of august as I don't start uni until the September
Reply 4
Original post by acup
I've just realised you've sent the link for the room. That looks nice, the only thing is I didn't want to move until end of august as I don't start uni until the September

Ah no worries fair enough. My landlords sometimes offer half-rent for people who sign the contract before they're moving in?
Reply 5
Original post by abdola
Ah no worries fair enough. My landlords sometimes offer half-rent for people who sign the contract before they're moving in?

I could double check if you are interested?
Reply 6
Original post by abdola
I could double check if you are interested?

Yeah could you check please and let me know? Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by acup
Yeah could you check please and let me know? Thanks a lot :smile:

No worries :smile: They aren't open until tomorrow so I will let you know then
Reply 8
Okay thank you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by acup
Okay thank you :smile:

Just got through and I'm afraid no half-rent is offered, sorry x
Reply 10
Okay no problem, thanks for getting back to me :smile: x
I'm 24 and going to MMU for first year in September and have no idea where to live.
Reply 12
Original post by Meganj2111
I'm 24 and going to MMU for first year in September and have no idea where to live.

I've looked at the halls online but mmu are quite expensive. Some private halls aren't too bad. What have you thought about doing for accomdation? And are you going to do your undergrad or postgrad?
Original post by acup
I've looked at the halls online but mmu are quite expensive. Some private halls aren't too bad. What have you thought about doing for accomdation? And are you going to do your undergrad or postgrad?

I'm going to be undergrad - late starting haha!
I did look into halls - but worried I'm going to be old!
It's registration tomorrow isn't it? X
Reply 14
Don't worry I started late too what are you doing it in? Yeah I think so, not sure what to do still. I wouldn't mind a house share with students but it's finding them haha x
I'm going to study Business management!
I know would be good - and also finding the right people too!
Have you thought about halls at all? X
Also what are you studying?
Original post by acup
Don't worry I started late too what are you doing it in? Yeah I think so, not sure what to do still. I wouldn't mind a house share with students but it's finding them haha x
Reply 17
Yeah I've thought about halls I've looked at some of the private ones which seem quite good :smile: I'm going to do a social work masters x
Original post by acup
Yeah I've thought about halls I've looked at some of the private ones which seem quite good :smile: I'm going to do a social work masters x

Oh wow!
Any halls caught your eye? I've not looked privately tbh. Might be an idea
Im same! Looking at private halls now but read some pretty poor reviews! Arghh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending