The Student Room Group

Can you suggest a highly minimal diet that meets all nutritional goals? (1,000 kcals)

I have a lot of weight to lose, I need a diet of around 1,000 kcals otherwise I will be too tempted to overeat. I've tried 1,600 which was recommended to me by MyFitnessPal, but I cannot help but overeat when I am given that target, which just keeps me at the same weight.

I take a multivitamin btw, this is an idea of a diet that might work.

2 cups of mixed vegetables
1 bag of salted peanuts
1 tin of tuna or beans
2 bananas

that pretty much what i crave, and i think that's around 1000 kcals. i need something simple that requires minimal preparation, i have no time or patience to make complicated meals.

Need to stay away from carbs btw as the insulin spike (sugar addiction) is the cause of my overeating.

For critical people

also note I will eat absolutely anything as long as the preparation time is small
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
If you have the money, you could go for diet meal hampers from places like diet chef. You would get all meals of the day already prepared and only needing like 3min in the microwave. And you wouldn't need to be counting calories as that's already done for you. Just eat what you're told to.
Reply 2
Original post by Devify
If you have the money, you could go for diet meal hampers from places like diet chef. You would get all meals of the day already prepared and only needing like 3min in the microwave. And you wouldn't need to be counting calories as that's already done for you. Just eat what you're told to.

that's a bit of a step beyond what i need, though i do think that's a cool business (if the food is good). maybe one day.
Reply 3
Original post by IFLICHBA
that's a bit of a step beyond what i need, though i do think that's a cool business (if the food is good). maybe one day.

Unfortunately it's not very healthy even if you take multivitamins. I would read about starvation mode too. If you start eating too little calories, your body goes into starvation mode and makes it difficult to lose weight so you need to eat a balanced diet. That's why the app suggested 1600 calories for you.

I suppose a very simple diet would be the milk diet which is surprisingly popular.
You've posted a large number of threads about weight loss, all of which seem to be variations on a theme.
Sounds like you are setting yourself up for failure.

what is you age height and weight?
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
You've posted a large number of threads about weight loss, all of which seem to be variations on a theme.

I think I was subconsciously trying to motivate myself. I will stop making them now that I realise I've been doing it.
Original post by 999tigger
Sounds like you are setting yourself up for failure.

Tis' where the roses of success grow.

Quick Reply

Latest