The Student Room Group

Midwifery advice for university??

Hi all!
Just wondering if anyone could offer any information regarding studying midwifery at university? I would really appreciate it!
I'm going to try and get this moved to the relevant forum for you :smile:
Awww! Thank you so much! that is awfully kind of you!:smile:
Hi adorable16, I am in the process of applying to study adult nursing at university and I thought I might be able to help.
The degree is 50% theory and 50% practical and you are required to complete placements, working a shift pattern including nights and weekends. Specific universities provide more information on their websites and at open days. Which university guide online also provides information and I think entry requirements for universities.
The NHS careers website and Studentmidwife.net maybe useful to you and also visiting university open days.
Midwifery is very competitive and universities receive a huge amount of applications, so gaining experience in a healthcare environment, shadowing a midwife or other work experience to gain transferable skills will benefit the application. There is a thread on the nursing and midwifery page of the student room with work experience ideas if you would like to have a look.
I hope this helps.
Original post by mel_l218
Hi adorable16, I am in the process of applying to study adult nursing at university and I thought I might be able to help.
The degree is 50% theory and 50% practical and you are required to complete placements, working a shift pattern including nights and weekends. Specific universities provide more information on their websites and at open days. Which university guide online also provides information and I think entry requirements for universities.
The NHS careers website and Studentmidwife.net maybe useful to you and also visiting university open days.
Midwifery is very competitive and universities receive a huge amount of applications, so gaining experience in a healthcare environment, shadowing a midwife or other work experience to gain transferable skills will benefit the application. There is a thread on the nursing and midwifery page of the student room with work experience ideas if you would like to have a look.
I hope this helps.

Thank you so much!
All the best for your nursing application!!!:h:
Original post by hasha123
Shut up u rat

I beg your pardon?
Shut up u rat

Who r u saying shut up to?
rat

Why are you replying to her thread if your gonna say stuff like that?
Back off! Leave her alone!
Original post by adorable16
Hi all!
Just wondering if anyone could offer any information regarding studying midwifery at university? I would really appreciate it!

Hey! I am currently in year 12 and I intend to study Midwifery aswell. I went to a coupel of open days and in two weeks time I am going to a taster day. With the open days the university gave me an outline of what to expect and how you will be doing shift-work in a local hospital. Theory and placement is split into 50-50. There will be coursework, essays, exams and presentations where you will be expected to work in groups. U will be given a uniform . I strongly suggest that u go to a midwifery taster day ! Its really good even though I havent been yet.
What are u currently studying and what university are u hoping to go to?
Original post by adorable16
Hi all!

Try to look for relevant work experience and read midwifery journals when u have the time to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending