The Student Room Group

TSR's Got Talent: Entry, questions and chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
:excited: looking forward to this!

:o::getmecoat::tongue:

Good, thanks! Yours is looking great, too!

Furry :hugs:
There's now a chat thread for anyone doing anything language-y thanks to @Sabertooth!

What's anyone else going to do? :smile:

(@brainzistheword and @shadowdweller you guys might want this!)
There's now a chat thread for anyone doing anything language-y thanks to @Sabertooth!

Ooo, thanks for letting me know about this :colone:

Might it be an idea to link to the entry threads in the first post of the chat thread? That way people with the same talent can easily find others' threads.

Great to hear this!! :smile: Thanks @Sabertooth
I'm considering posting about my improvement in speedsolving the 3x3x3 Rubik's cube to hopefully win the national championships this year, which means that I'll probably end up posting a fairly large video file per post. (So are the video file attachments still limited in 500kb(?) size or what?)
Original post by ZealousMX
I'm considering posting about my improvement in speedsolving the 3x3x3 Rubik's cube to hopefully win the national championships this year, which means that I'll probably end up posting a fairly large video file per post. (So are the video file attachments still limited in 500kb(?) size or what?)

I'd suggest hosting on another site (e.g. Youtube) and using 'insert video'. :yes:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
Might it be an idea to link to the entry threads in the first post of the chat thread? That way people with the same talent can easily find others' threads.

Missed this somehow :redface: but yeah, would be! Would you and @AngryJellyfish be able to do this, as they're your threads? The threads that haven't had any replies yet might be good as a new one tbh to give them a bit of a bump, those with replies it might as well go in the OP? If you guys do that I'll put them all in the first post of this thread (and the chat ones too) so they're all in one place. Meant to do that originally but never got round to it :colondollar:

Original post by ZealousMX

AJ's already replied to you but youtube or somewhere is your best option- you can always set it so only people with the link can see it. This is such a cool idea too, hope you manage it! :biggrin:
Missed this somehow :redface: but yeah, would be! Would you and @AngryJellyfish be able to do this, as they're your threads? The threads that haven't had any replies yet might be good as a new one tbh to give them a bit of a bump, those with replies it might as well go in the OP? If you guys do that I'll put them all in the first post of this thread (and the chat ones too) so they're all in one place. Meant to do that originally but never got round to it :colondollar:

AJ's already replied to you but youtube or somewhere is your best option- you can always set it so only people with the link can see it. This is such a cool idea too, hope you manage it! :biggrin:

Thanks! I didn't know Youtube had a function where only people with the link can see the video, perfect! (Don't tell anyone but I'm pretty much unofficially 2nd/3rd in the country for 3x3x3 and the only advantage I have against UK's no.1 is that he doesn't know about my existence, so I gotta stay hidden until nationals this year hehe) you saying that might just be the turning point to make me do it :colondollar:! I'll see if I can set up a youtube channel.
Would you and @AngryJellyfish be able to do this

Done and bumped for music and writing; no athletic or arty talents yet though. :moon:
is it too late to join this? :P
Original post by fairlyemily

Not at all! :biggrin: You still have until the 16th of April, and I'd say a month and a half is plenty of time to show improvement in whatever talent/skill you were planning on doing. :yes:
@furryface12 @Amusing Elk

Feast your eyes on this.
Up for this! :woo:
is it bad that I don't particularly like fish pie? :tongue: :smile:
Original post by fairlyemily

As AJ said, not at all! Talent away :biggrin:

Original post by Conceited
@furryface12 @Amusing Elk

Feast your eyes on this.

So nice and colourful! :adore:

Original post by Rhythmical
Up for this! :woo:

Good! What are you going to do? :smile:

Original post by bizzy_penguin
is it bad that I don't particularly like fish pie? :tongue: :smile:

I've spent ages trying to work this out! Why should you like fish pie? :redface:

Swear you guys are just trying to confuse me today :erm: it's working :tongue:
I've spent ages trying to work this out! Why should you like fish pie? :redface:

Not just me then! I didn't reply to those as I assumed there was some sort of in-joke or reference I was missing. :p:
As AJ said, not at all! Talent away :biggrin:

So nice and colourful! :adore:

Good! What are you going to do? :smile:

I ain't tryin' to confuse you coz it's true!

Quick Reply

Latest