The Student Room Group

Hsbc work experience 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by azizadil1998
OMG WHY DID U DO THAT?? Retail is like the banking involved with normal people e.g. Us when we go to the bank so you don't do anything really (maybe if you are in HSBC premier shadowing then it can be more useful but not really), commercial is involved with businesses, managing capital, trade risk/finance, and investment management. Many of my mates don't know the difference so just said retail so I suggest you change it cause firstly retail is completely irrelevant to IB And will be boring, commercial is a bit more relevant and definitely More interesting/useful (imo at least). I advise you to search up HSBC commercial banking and retail banking, they have pages showing the summary of what things they offer in those two areas. I'm sure if you email/call them they may be able to change it because from my experience so far most people by default go with retail not really sure why! If u got any questions PM Me :smile:

So are you suggesting I do Commercial then because it'll help me towards IB? I'm confused because other person said I should do retail...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone received outcomes for their interview / applications yet?
I still haven't even heard from the london region about a telephone interview.

Anyone received outcomes for their interview / applications yet?
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
I still haven't even heard from the london region about a telephone interview.

Ahh; from what I know the different regions in London are still organising interviews so don't worry yet - unless you dont get one by the of next week, then you should call/email them.. i have many mates applying to north, south, east, and west etc and they've all recently got their emails to arrange their interviews which are being held this week and next.
Reply 104
Ahh; from what I know the different regions in London are still organising interviews so don't worry yet - unless you dont get one by the of next week, then you should call/email them.. i have many mates applying to north, south, east, and west etc and they've all recently got their emails to arrange their interviews which are being held this week and next.

I can confirm that this is true. I recently contacted HSBC to query the delay in getting back to me about a telephone interview and they confirmed that there is indeed a backlog in the London region.
Original post by ns_2
I can confirm that this is true. I recently contacted HSBC to query the delay in getting back to me about a telephone interview and they confirmed that there is indeed a backlog in the London region.

By backlog it either means they got more applications than anticipated or their staff are not fast enough... can't decide which one it is lool
I inquired about the telephone interview the other week. They still haven't reached my application for the telephone interview stage. Kinda worrying since the outcome is announced in March.
Original post by HarryGCSE
I inquired about the telephone interview the other week. They still haven't reached my application for the telephone interview stage. Kinda worrying since the outcome is announced in March.

nah dont be. people are still receiving invitations for them so its fine. and it's in the end of March they told me, so over a month to go, and at the rate they're going it may even take longer lol
I have yet to hear from HSBC to have a telephone interview, but for anyone who has had their interview, what sort of questions did they ask? Was it long/short?
Original post by emilyho99
I have yet to hear from HSBC to have a telephone interview, but for anyone who has had their interview, what sort of questions did they ask? Was it long/short?

Read previous replies lol. I've posted the 2 questions they ask..
I got an Encrypted email from a person that is supposedly a HSBC employee- it's not from the Human Resources email. Has anyone else received a similar email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't had any communication after giving my preferences for the London region, will give them a call if i don't hear by tomorrow.

Original post by vik_k1
I got an Encrypted email from a person that is supposedly a HSBC employee- it's not from the Human Resources email. Has anyone else received a similar email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
I haven't had any communication after giving my preferences for the London region, will give them a call if i don't hear by tomorrow.

I still need the email about the Telephone interview for the north reigion :frown:
UPDATE | Today I finally received an email regarding the telephone interview! Any tips for the interview? Several of my friends were declined after the telephone interview for a different work experience with HSBC but same process.
UPDATE | Today I finally received an email regarding the telephone interview! Any tips for the interview? Several of my friends were declined after the telephone interview for a different work experience with HSBC but same process.

PM me if you like, I have a few 'useful' tips lol. Well exact things really but yeah ahah

When I did it last year I just made the lady laugh a lot loool. Plus don't hesitate and be as clear as possible. Process the question first before answering it so you don't stop and say 'umm'.
Tbh I think the main reason why I passed the interview was because I made her laugh a lot hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
When I did it last year I just made the lady laugh a lot loool. Plus don't hesitate and be as clear as possible. Process the question first before answering it so you don't stop and say 'umm'.
Tbh I think the main reason why I passed the interview was because I made her laugh a lot hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

suggest some good jokes ?? lol
Original post by Joeking1999
suggest some good jokes ?? lol

why did the immigrant cross the street?
Hey guys! I am wondering if anyone has heard back from HSBC about their interview results?
Also, does anyone know the approximate date of the work experience in summer?
thanks a lot :biggrin:
Original post by Heyheyhy
Hey guys! I am wondering if anyone has heard back from HSBC about their interview results?
Also, does anyone know the approximate date of the work experience in summer?
thanks a lot :biggrin:

Yeah passed but you don't find final result till end of the month (later for some regions), and you choose your available dates so it's not set but it'll be in July, they'll try to accommodate your preferred dates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending