The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Last year they started going out early March so I reckon they'll come out soon
i have a feeling they might start on friday :redface:
Anyone else got offered alternative medicine-related courses after rejection?
If so, what do you guys think about doing graduate entry into medicine?

Personally, I feel that it's not just about the increased competition or 3 extra years doing a course that's not 100% what you desire - the student loan from your undergrad degree PLUS tuition fee for your graduate medicine, which you will have to pay a certain portion yourself, are really important factors that definitely need careful consideration before deciding whether or not it is worth it.
I'm so scared now :frown:
Original post by pkpiggy

Personally, I feel that it's not just about the increased competition or 3 extra years doing a course that's not 100% what you desire - the student loan from your undergrad degree PLUS tuition fee for your graduate medicine, which you will have to pay a certain portion yourself, are really important factors that definitely need careful consideration before deciding whether or not it is worth it.

Have you received this today?
Original post by kayasparkles
Have you received this today?

No, I got the email on 23rd Feb and their deadline for transferring my application is 3rd March.

They provided 13 choices and asked me to rank the top 5 courses that I'm interested in.

With biomedical sciences, the top 15 students of the year are given guaranteed interview for graduate entry into medicine at Barts (This was written on their website) which I think sounds like a good offer but also a risky one (because what if you managed to come 16th in your year :colondollar: then you're doomed aren't you)
Reply 1346
Original post by pkpiggy

hi, if you don't mind, can you tell me if you're an UK school leaver?
Reply 1347
So, is barts giving offers start of march, because I got told it was the end of march
Original post by 11...
hi, if you don't mind, can you tell me if you're an UK school leaver?

Hi there,

Yes I am a school leaver and also a home student
Original post by 11...
So, is barts giving offers start of march, because I got told it was the end of march

I think everyone got told it was the end of March on the sheet, but some of us think it'll be earlier (some were also told start of March and they did it earlier than said last year).
Has anyone heard anything today?
Original post by pkpiggy

hey was this before interview?
Last year's thread heard back on the 2nd March, so maybe tomorrow is the day for offers folks!
Original post by juliethecool
Last year's thread heard back on the 2nd March, so maybe tomorrow is the day for offers folks!

yes i have a feeling too ! but i think the january people will hear tomorrow and the february on friday .
Original post by gregorius1123
yes i have a feeling too ! but i think the january people will hear tomorrow and the february on friday .

Hmmm, yes possibly. I'm February, but I'm pretty certain I'm not getting an offer so I'll have a little longer to wait because I think they give out rejections after they've done a whole bunch of offers (again, going by the pattern in last year's thread).
Good luck with your application ! :smile:

I think everyone was mixed in last year but yeah could be the day tomorrow! Good luck everyone!
Original post by juliethecool
Hmmm, yes possibly. I'm February, but I'm pretty certain I'm not getting an offer so I'll have a little longer to wait because I think they give out rejections after they've done a whole bunch of offers (again, going by the pattern in last year's thread).
Good luck with your application ! :smile:

dont be so sure ! you never know you could be surprised :wink:
dont be so sure ! you never know you could be surprised :wink:

I hope so *fingers crosses for us both* !
Do you think they'll start from tomorrow or from Monday? :/
hey was this before interview?

Hiya :smile: Yeah it was. I got the rejection back in mid-january but only just received the option to transfer my application last week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending