The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni Nursing intake March 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hopefulmedic98
I've applied for Liberty House as my first choice too so fingers crossed i get allocated a room soon!!

Any further news on accommodation?☺️☺️
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 41
Haven't received that but may be because I'm still waiting for the uni to approve my evidence of A-Levels. What are the next steps?

Hey have you heard anything yet? I had my interview at the beginning of Feb and my occupational health assessment over the phone last week, which the lady told me I passed, but still nothing on UCAS or emailed to me 😬 Losing hope a bit here
Original post by wowstars
Hey have you heard anything yet? I had my interview at the beginning of Feb and my occupational health assessment over the phone last week, which the lady told me I passed, but still nothing on UCAS or emailed to me 😬 Losing hope a bit here

Awww I hope you get everything sorted, yes I heard back in January aw!! I'm sure it'll get sorted, you could try emailing the uni? I seem to get a better response via email
Reply 43
Original post by GracieFfion
Awww I hope you get everything sorted, yes I heard back in January aw!! I'm sure it'll get sorted, you could try emailing the uni? I seem to get a better response via email

Yeah I might have to, I feel like a right pest emailing tho 😂 Just rly stressful not knowing what's happening when the start date is so soon and I have other responsibilities and stuff that needs sorting
Yeah I might have to, I feel like a right pest emailing tho 😂 Just rly stressful not knowing what's happening when the start date is so soon and I have other responsibilities and stuff that needs sorting

Ahhh I don't think you should worry about being a pest this close to the start date!! And it's understandable why you're stressed hehehe

Hi! Yeah I had my offer back in the middle of December, had my accommodation offer now so everything is sorted. Don't lose hope! If you're worried I'd call the uni and see if they can give you any updates, but don't panic! X
Reply 46
Hi! Yeah I had my offer back in the middle of December, had my accommodation offer now so everything is sorted. Don't lose hope! If you're worried I'd call the uni and see if they can give you any updates, but don't panic! X

Thanks! I got my offer and accepted last week🎉 Yet to get anything about DBS checks and stuff, have you got yours? How long did it take?
Congrats wowstars! The info comes by email, I was waiting for it since being accepted last summer, hopefully they'll forward it onto you soon.
In the meantime there's information here:
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/new-students/before-you-arrive
and here:
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/new-students/before-you-arrive/healthcare-students

There's still no news yet about the timetable or when or where the placements are, apparently that will come to our Cardiff email account. You get details for your uni email account when you enrol, but I've not managed to log on successfully yet, has anyone else?
Reply 48
Original post by orangestripes
Congrats wowstars! The info comes by email, I was waiting for it since being accepted last summer, hopefully they'll forward it onto you soon.
In the meantime there's information here:
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/new-students/before-you-arrive
and here:
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/new-students/before-you-arrive/healthcare-students

There's still no news yet about the timetable or when or where the placements are, apparently that will come to our Cardiff email account. You get details for your uni email account when you enrol, but I've not managed to log on successfully yet, has anyone else?

Thank you so much! I'll check that out. I'm a Cardiff uni student anyway changing programme so I can get on my account and haven't had anything. Do you mean not signing into SIMS or the intranet?
Where is your accommodation offer for? Liberty house? ☺️☺️
Hey everyone, I'll be starting Mental Health Nursing too - I recently called up to enquire about our term dates & was told the following...

Term 1
Start: 27.03.17
Finish: 16.06.17

Term 2
Start: 17.07.17
Finish: 22.12.17

Term 3
Start: 08.01.18
Finish: 09.02.18

Whether these may change I'm not sure, but they're what I was told & emailed by the uni in November.

I was meant to start in September but was moved into the March cohort, so I've already completed all the enrolment etc. so if you need help with any part of the process I can try answer any of your questions!😊
Really looking forward to meeting you all!!
Original post by CompanyofWolf
Hey everyone, I'll be starting Mental Health Nursing too - I recently called up to enquire about our term dates & was told the following...

Term 1
Start: 27.03.17
Finish: 16.06.17

Term 2
Start: 17.07.17
Finish: 22.12.17

Term 3
Start: 08.01.18
Finish: 09.02.18

Whether these may change I'm not sure, but they're what I was told & emailed by the uni in November.

I was meant to start in September but was moved into the March cohort, so I've already completed all the enrolment etc. so if you need help with any part of the process I can try answer any of your questions!😊
Really looking forward to meeting you all!!

Yay, I'll be doing mental health nursing too! I was in the exact same boat, was meant to be starting in September too! Not long now, exciting times ahead!! 😆😆
Yay, I'll be doing mental health nursing too! I was in the exact same boat, was meant to be starting in September too! Not long now, exciting times ahead!! 😆😆

No way!! I'm so glad there's someone in the same boat as me !! It's been such a long wait hasn't it 🙈
Do you know when you're going to collect your student card? Once I enrolled it said I can collect it from either the SU or the building in the Heath park campus but I'm not sure whether we have to wait until closer to the 27th?
Original post by CompanyofWolf
No way!! I'm so glad there's someone in the same boat as me !! It's been such a long wait hasn't it 🙈
Do you know when you're going to collect your student card? Once I enrolled it said I can collect it from either the SU or the building in the Heath park campus but I'm not sure whether we have to wait until closer to the 27th?

Yes, a huge wait 😮!! I haven't enrolled yet, I'll be doing that on the weekend! I will definitely let you know! I'm not sure when I will be collecting my student card or how long to wait either 😬? If I can go asap then I will hehehe X
Where is your accommodation offer for? Liberty house? ☺️☺️

Yeah, Liberty house! Yours?
Yes, a huge wait 😮!! I haven't enrolled yet, I'll be doing that on the weekend! I will definitely let you know! I'm not sure when I will be collecting my student card or how long to wait either 😬? If I can go asap then I will hehehe X

I'm not 100% but I think everyone goes and gets their ID card in the first two weeks of the course x
I phoned up today about the student card. I asked if it was within 2 weeks of the programme start date (1 March) or the actual start date (27 March) that we need to collect it. The security guy I spoke to said he wasn't sure but it was fairly likely that they would send us to get them as part of our enrolment. So maybe that is what the "enrolment" slots are for on the Monday of the first week programme they've put up.
I'd rather collect it sooner if I could, as they don't release the student loan money until we collect the card. But I don't want to take a day off work and drive 4 hours up there now if there's no point, so if anyone gives it a try please let me know how you get on!
I originally applied for last September and got offered March instead, so I've been waiting forever too, can you tell? :smile:

I can get onto SIMS, my computer remembers my password, but I'm not sure if I do! For the "Network"/Intranet, it's the same username, I'm not sure if its meant to be the same password in which case I've clearly forgotten mine, or if they will give us a new password later, does anyone know? Oddly enough I think on one attempt it let me into some bits like jobshop, but not onto the actual emails, now it's asking for a password upfront and won't let me reset it. I guess I probably just have to be patient and sort it all out when I get there. I'm slightly terrified as there may be a delay getting internet in my new house, and it seems to be in a mobile phone black spot, so I might just end up sat in a valley having no idea what lectures I am missing! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by orangestripes
I phoned up today about the student card. I asked if it was within 2 weeks of the programme start date (1 March) or the actual start date (27 March) that we need to collect it. The security guy I spoke to said he wasn't sure but it was fairly likely that they would send us to get them as part of our enrolment. So maybe that is what the "enrolment" slots are for on the Monday of the first week programme they've put up.
I'd rather collect it sooner if I could, as they don't release the student loan money until we collect the card. But I don't want to take a day off work and drive 4 hours up there now if there's no point, so if anyone gives it a try please let me know how you get on!
I originally applied for last September and got offered March instead, so I've been waiting forever too, can you tell? :smile:

I can get onto SIMS, my computer remembers my password, but I'm not sure if I do! For the "Network"/Intranet, it's the same username, I'm not sure if its meant to be the same password in which case I've clearly forgotten mine, or if they will give us a new password later, does anyone know? Oddly enough I think on one attempt it let me into some bits like jobshop, but not onto the actual emails, now it's asking for a password upfront and won't let me reset it. I guess I probably just have to be patient and sort it all out when I get there. I'm slightly terrified as there may be a delay getting internet in my new house, and it seems to be in a mobile phone black spot, so I might just end up sat in a valley having no idea what lectures I am missing! :smile:

For the student cards I think you can pick them up from the SU any time within 2 weeks of the start date 27th or during enrolment week (that's what it was like in September) and I can't remember about the intranet, I think it was the same password but your access is only activated after the start date? Either that or it was a different generic one but either way they give you an IT tutorial in enrolment week where they tell you how to do it all (going by my experience last September - started on a different course)
Yeah, Liberty house! Yours?

Awwww fab!! Yes I am too ☺️☺️
Awwww fab!! Yes I am too ☺️☺️

Have you had your flat number yet??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending