The Student Room Group

MPhil Finance / Finance & Economics 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adnand
Applied in late Jan to MPhil F&E, currently on Under Consideration by Degree Committee, when should I expect a decision?

I applied early September and got offer mid Jan. It can be slow. Really it depends on your profile though. If your marks are very high (80+) they should make an offer sooner than later. Generally they are slow though. It's getting really competitive. Best of luck!
Original post by dkey12
Nah just Econ one, what about you?

Got offer for f&e in Jan. A couple people got fast Econ offers in December. One guy in under 4 weeks. What kind of profile do you have?
Reply 62
Original post by DCRsilver
Got offer for f&e in Jan. A couple people got fast Econ offers in December. One guy in under 4 weeks. What kind of profile do you have?

UK university BSc Economics and Management
73 in my first year
85 in my second year
1st expected in my third year
Lucky they are then!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by dkey12
UK university BSc Economics and Management
73 in my first year
85 in my second year
1st expected in my third year
Lucky they are then!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Strong profile for sure. I know camb do look closely at quant syllabus/scores and how far into econometrics a candidate has gone. Mainly cause the mphils are all math based and the econometrics sequences are tough. I'm surprised otherwise they didn't make you an offer with your performance. Hang in there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 64
I applied early September and got offer mid Jan. It can be slow. Really it depends on your profile though. If your marks are very high (80+) they should make an offer sooner than later. Generally they are slow though. It's getting really competitive. Best of luck!

Thanks! I'm looking at 75% for final year with all 70+ including econometrics. Lets see how it goes!
Reply 65
Strong profile for sure. I know camb do look closely at quant syllabus/scores and how far into econometrics a candidate has gone. Mainly cause the mphils are all math based and the econometrics sequences are tough. I'm surprised otherwise they didn't make you an offer with your performance. Hang in there.

Well, I got Econometrics Mathematics

First year 85 94

Second year 93 100

I guess I'm not that bad at math stuff!

Thanks
Anyone got an offer from MPhil Finance recently? What are your profiles?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by midlandeast
Yeah thats right. My F & E app is 'Under Consideration by Degree Committee'. I think the eco faculty review apps differently to JBS, so we should hear from them this month or next.

Have you got any update about F & E application? Do you know anyone who have got update?
Original post by dkey12
Well, I got Econometrics Mathematics

First year 85 94

Second year 93 100

I guess I'm not that bad at math stuff!

Thanks

Starting to think they mixed my offer up with yours ... :-)
Reply 69
Starting to think they mixed my offer up with yours ... :-)

Lol
Are you sure about this? I've just recieved my conditional offer and have a requirement of 80% in the third year?

Hi!

I recently also got a similar conditional offer. Did you happen to ask what would happen if you missed the condition slightly? How strict are they on these conditions?
Original post by nobrainking
Hi!

I recently also got a similar conditional offer. Did you happen to ask what would happen if you missed the condition slightly? How strict are they on these conditions?

Congrats! What's your profile?

I've not asked but I did read somewhere that if you miss it then the board assesses your application and what grades you actually got, and then make a decision. No idea how leniant they are though
Reply 72
Original post by nobrainking
Hi!

Really?
I thought they're just gonna say like get 70+. I'm scared now. 😅
Should start working harder haha!!
Reply 73
My status was just updated to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies' :smile:)
Reply 74
Original post by jd00187
My status was just updated to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies' :smile:)

Congrats!! When did you apply?
Reply 75
The 23rd of Jan
Reply 76
Original post by jd00187
The 23rd of Jan

Nice! That was pretty quick. Mind sharing your profile? 🙂
Reply 77
Original post by adnand
Nice! That was pretty quick. Mind sharing your profile? 🙂

BSc in Economics from top 10 UK uni
83% in first year
83% in second year
Year-long internship in asset management
No GRE
Original post by jd00187
BSc in Economics from top 10 UK uni
83% in first year
83% in second year
Year-long internship in asset management
No GRE

Congrats, is this for Finance or F&E?
Reply 79
Congrats, is this for Finance or F&E?

Thank you. F&E. A friend got in earlier in mid-Jan and his profile was much stronger than mine. Fingers crossed I get the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending