The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF Ba (Hons) Hair & makeup for fashion applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kagiaa
Aw no that's awful. Did they tell you why you got declined? It's good to know why they didn't accept so you can know for other interviews or if you apply again.
Hopefully you hear something from lcf.

i emailed and asked but they said they can't tell me due to the high applicant rate
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by hannahg1998
i emailed and asked but they said they can't tell me due to the high applicant rate

What that's what lcf said?
Original post by Kagiaa
What that's what lcf said?

they still haven't replied :frown:
Reply 63
Original post by hannahg1998
they still haven't replied :frown:

Oh goodness 😭
Could call them up possibly on the Monday? As they will be shut Sunday. I really hope you get a reply asap 😭
Original post by Kagiaa
Oh goodness 😭
Could call them up possibly on the Monday? As they will be shut Sunday. I really hope you get a reply asap 😭
s

i've emailed them a and they said to check ucas track whichever is no help to me as it hasn't been update due since 9th december
Reply 65
Got a place on the hair and makeup for fashion course!
Can't wait! Got the call today and had my interview Wednesday! 🙈
I got accepted! Gave them a call yesterday and they let me know, my UCAS was updated this morning. I'm so happy because I was declined from Bournemouth (didn't really want to go there anyway) which made me doubt I would ever get into LCF.
Reply 67
Original post by joriginal
I got accepted! Gave them a call yesterday and they let me know, my UCAS was updated this morning. I'm so happy because I was declined from Bournemouth (didn't really want to go there anyway) which made me doubt I would ever get into LCF.

Aw well done! You got a conditional or unconditional? I got a conditional
Original post by Kagiaa
Aw well done! You got a conditional or unconditional? I got a conditional

Thankyouu! I got conditional too :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by joriginal
Thankyouu! I got conditional too :smile:

Brilliant!
So you have Instagram or Facebook? can add each other and chat about the whole process!
I had my interview and got a call telling me i had got in! would love to talk to someone else who has gotten in too x
Reply 71
Original post by jessicapitulia
I had my interview and got a call telling me i had got in! would love to talk to someone else who has gotten in too x

I got an offer too!
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES SEPT 2017 LIME GROVE
Hi guys,
I'm going to attend LCF at the Lime Grove campus from next september and since I think that The Costume Store is pretty expensive and far from the university I searched for private solutions such as houses and flats.
I've found a couple of houses with 4 bedrooms each that would cost from 148 to 174/pppw (all bills included) saving from 58 up to 163£/month (which i think is great if you are on a budget like myself) compared to the costume store. All of them are at max 30 mins away by walk and 10 mins away by bicycle from Lime Grove (the closest one is one street away tbh).
For this reason I am looking for roommates, so if you are interested, or you know somebody that could be, send me a dm on instagram at deangelolucia or an email at [email protected]
Reply 73
Can anyone help me? I'm applying January 15 2018. How did it all go for you guys?? How many people are on the course? How many applied do you know?? I'm so interested in makeup but only really do it on myself or friends and have like no curricular activity (haven't done a course or anything). Any advise PLEASE THANK YOU
Hey! I've applied this year too with 3 A levels including Media, Sociology and Creative Writing and they have requested my portfolio that I sent off! What's your instagram? I'd love to have a chat
Reply 75
Hey thanks so much for getting back to me!! Message me on my personal insta @luvdasilva - I haven't applied yet.. v v nervous. Do you have a portfolio tho? I have nothing :'( what did you put in your personal statement ?? Thanks so much xoxo
Hey girl,

I have 0 art background so I've been building my portfolio since october, it's super time consuming but if you put your mind to it you can get loads done... I got an unconditional offer from Solent today to do make-up and hair so I'm just waiting on LCF to get back to me. Apparently they wait until all the applicants are in in January before they give out interviews so you've got a couple of months anyway.

In my personal statement I said why I thought I was right for the course, what my future goals were, what my current a levels have taught me to help on the course and skills my current job has taught me!

I'm no expert, but I've done so much research because of how much I want this :frown: My personal statement was successful, but I'm still waiting on LCF's decision from the e-portfolio.

No worries at all hun we can help each other along loool, check ur insta dms x
Hi Im also applying but am struggling with my personal statement and keep going over and over it again, how are you all doing? X
Hey,

Yeah i'm doing okay, sent off my e-portfolio they requested so just waiting to hear about the interview stage but apparently they don't give interviews out until they've got all the applicants!

How are you finding it? Honestly, don't doubt yourself you'll do great x
Reply 79
Original post by graciec0x
Hey,

Yeah i'm doing okay, sent off my e-portfolio they requested so just waiting to hear about the interview stage but apparently they don't give interviews out until they've got all the applicants!

How are you finding it? Honestly, don't doubt yourself you'll do great x

Hi Gracie! I sent my Portfolio off on Saturday, I already have a conditional offer from Birmingham but I haven't heard back from Southhampton, they didn't like my qualifications as I'm on an NVQ rather than a Levels. And I have two interviews for Bolton and Bournemouth in the next few weeks.

Where about in the UK are you from? And have you applied anywhere else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending