The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Any International Relations and International Law applicants

Hi guys,

So anyone:-) Any offers rejections.......anything:smile:

This wait is brutal:nuts:

EU IB student here predicted 41 and 777 in HL subjects.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Here! And the wait is brutal, I got 5As in my Highers but that's the standard for the course :/
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Hi,
Anyone, any news? :-)
I haven't heard anything as an International Relations applicant!
Reply 4
Still waiting and waiting and waiting and then some more waiting. Heard back from other four but really am still hoping for the offer from Edinburgh.
It is really the program I like the most.
Got an IR offer yesterday. I'm a rest of UK student :smile:
Update: Still haven't heard back from anywhere but Glasgow
Reply 7
I got a conditional for politics today but am still waiting on IR
Reply 8
Congrats to all who got an offer already and good luck to all still waiting.

Still waiting on Edinburgh, last one and doing IB Mock Exams. I really hope it will be a positive outcome.
I've applied for International Relations, but haven't heard anything yet... I applied quite late though! (On the 15th of Jan actually.)
Just got an offer for International Law and IR FINALLY :biggrin:
Original post by gabimckenna
Just got an offer for International Law and IR FINALLY :biggrin:

Congrats!!!!!
Do you mind me asking where are you from and what are the conditions?
Original post by Annabel2017
Congrats!!!!!
Do you mind me asking where are you from and what are the conditions?

Thank you!!!! Scotland and it's unconditional
Thank you!!!! Scotland and it's unconditional

Happy for you! Congrats again! I will just continue waiting:biggrin: Hopefully they will give out some offers to EU students soon.
Original post by Annabel2017
Happy for you! Congrats again! I will just continue waiting:biggrin: Hopefully they will give out some offers to EU students soon.

You're too sweet, thank you! Yeah it'll be no time, they've only just started giving the Edinburgh offers out for Scotland/EU
Has anyone received lower than A*AA (a level) out of interest??
I'm a Scottish student with ABBB and I got an unconditional offer on Monday! I'm entitled to widening access, though, so I get max entry requirements of AABBB, plus I have quite extensive volunteering relating to IR & IL so that probably helped me out quite a bit.

(I sent my application on Dec 14th)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
Here! And the wait is brutal, I got 5As in my Highers but that's the standard for the course :/

Hey, I'm a Scottish student applying IR as well. Congrats on getting a place. Could u possibly tell me when you sent your application in and what grades you had/work experience???
Reply 18
Original post by queernintendo
I'm a Scottish student with ABBB and I got an unconditional offer on Monday! I'm entitled to widening access, though, so I get max entry requirements of AABBB, plus I have quite extensive volunteering relating to IR & IL so that probably helped me out quite a bit.

(I sent my application on Dec 14th)

What is the widening access thing that you have, I something called "Leaps" but I'm not sure it's the same thing!
Original post by Mimi295
What is the widening access thing that you have, I something called "Leaps" but I'm not sure it's the same thing!

Basically if you are either
A) In a postcode that's in the bottom 40% of Scottish income/deprivation
or
B) Attend a target school that doesn't have a lot of students getting into uni
or
C) You've been in care at any point

then your max. entry requirements are AABBB, but obviously if the uni asks for less than that usually (eg. UWS) then you'd just have those entry requirements. So instead of needing AAAAA for Edinburgh I just need AABBB. I'm under A, there's a thing we have where you look up your postcode and it's divided into Quintiles-levels of deprivation. Quintiles 1 & 2 are the bottom 40%-and if you live in Quintile 1 then your bursary also goes up from £2000 to £3000 at Edinburgh !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending