The Student Room Group

Veterinary med gateway 2017

Is priority for offers given to people who only apply for the gateway, over people who have applied for the normal 5 year course and received an offer? Tia

Scroll to see replies

Hello Tia. I am not quite sure, I have applied for the Nottingham Gateway and I still have not heard anything. I have also applied for the Bristol Gateway and they have not told me if I am getting an interview yet.
Has anyone else applied for the gateway?
I was wondering if any of you guys have been to the RVC Vet Medincine Gateway interview and have any tips. I have my interview on the 22nd of February.

Thanks a bunch!
Unfortunately I was not eligible for the RVC Gateway as I only met two of their criteria so I did not apply there.
I also applied for the 5 year course at Liverpool, which rejected me as I was not predicted what they wanted, as I am predicted ABB. And I got rejected from Surrey after interview.
Have you also applied for the Bristol and/or Nottingham Gateway? As I am eligible for them two.
I have also applied for Nottingham and Bristol Gateway courses, applied for RVC but they didn't consider me eligible so wasn't accepted (even though I'm 99% sure I was, but let's not get into it haha) I had Nottingham interview on 16th November and have Bristol on 1st March.

My friend also applied for Bristol Gateway but hasn't heard anything back yet, so we can only assume that they've split it into definite interviews and maybe people on a waiting list? I'm sure people who are definitely a no would've received some kind of rejection by now, I can only think they are waiting for either confirmation that they have filled all their places or waiting for people to decline their offers, then they may offer others interviews for the course? The last interview date is the 15th March I believe so I can't imagine they wouldn't let you know by at least a week in advance so you had some time to prepare at least. I think its pretty unfair of them to leave people for this long if they're not giving them an interview, and don't see why they would?

As for Nottingham I read there's only 5 places on the Gateway course (not terrifying at all lol) but I haven't heard of anyone whose gotten a place yet who applied solely to Gateway so I believe that they are still making decisions and lots of people are still waiting for news. The only people who I've seen receive offers are people who applied for the 5 year course, and someone in another thread said there is going to be more sent out at the end of Feb so fingers crossed we will hear back by then!
olivialexie

As for Nottingham I read there's only 5 places on the Gateway course (not terrifying at all lol) but I haven't heard of anyone whose gotten a place yet who applied solely to Gateway so I believe that they are still making decisions and lots of people are still waiting for news. The only people who I've seen receive offers are people who applied for the 5 year course, and someone in another thread said there is going to be more sent out at the end of Feb so fingers crossed we will hear back by then!

Notts have 30 places to hand out between their 6 year courses, so gateway may have more than the 5 stated. It just depends how the skew lands between gateway and prelim this year! I applied for the latter and had an offer in December, I know there's somebody else on here who also had an offer, so it isn't just the 5 year course that they're working on.

Fingers crossed you hear back soon 🙂
Original post by olivialexie
I have also applied for Nottingham and Bristol Gateway courses, applied for RVC but they didn't consider me eligible so wasn't accepted (even though I'm 99% sure I was, but let's not get into it haha) I had Nottingham interview on 16th November and have Bristol on 1st March.

My friend also applied for Bristol Gateway but hasn't heard anything back yet, so we can only assume that they've split it into definite interviews and maybe people on a waiting list? I'm sure people who are definitely a no would've received some kind of rejection by now, I can only think they are waiting for either confirmation that they have filled all their places or waiting for people to decline their offers, then they may offer others interviews for the course? The last interview date is the 15th March I believe so I can't imagine they wouldn't let you know by at least a week in advance so you had some time to prepare at least. I think its pretty unfair of them to leave people for this long if they're not giving them an interview, and don't see why they would?

Yeah I still have not heard anything yet from the Gateway. Hopefully I should hear back next week and when did they send you the interview invitation? A vet gateway student at Nottingham that I spoke to at the open day told me that one year they had 9 people on the gateway, which they said is more than usual.
Do you know how many people have applied for the gateway?
And what other courses did you apply for except gateway courses at RVC, Bristol and Nottingham?
Original post by WolfRiena
I was wondering if any of you guys have been to the RVC Vet Medincine Gateway interview and have any tips. I have my interview on the 22nd of February.

Thanks a bunch!

I had my interview on the 22nd February too! Good luck
Good luck to you too! I probably would've seen you there😂 :smile:
Been rejected from Bristol Gateway.
Only got Nottingham Gateway left, hopefully they will give me an offer :smile:
Good luck! Wishing for the best for you! :smile:
Good luck! Wishing for the best for you! :smile:

Thanks you too! :smile:
Are you waiting on the Nottingham Gateway as well?
(edited 7 years ago)
Nope I'm waiting for RVC gateway. Other universities I applied for Zoology and have been accepted to all of them. Where else did u apply? :smile:
I got rejected from Nottingham for Gateway so now all I have left is my interview for Bristol on Wednesday! I am so so so worried as it's my only chance, can anyone give me any tips or advice whose already had an interview? (I know giving out questions isn't allowed but any advice is appreciated)
Hey guys,
Sorry haven't replied thanks for all your replies though!!
I got rejected from nottingham (completely wrongly, but don't need to go into that 😂) for the gateway, but I guess it's massively competitive!
I had my RVC interview on the 8th February - i haven't heard anything! I just wondered if there was priority given to people who have just applied for gateway versus people who have also applied for standard vet med as well as gateway?
Nope I'm waiting for RVC gateway. Other universities I applied for Zoology and have been accepted to all of them. Where else did u apply? :smile:

I applied for the Bristol Gateway (rejected me the other day), Liverpool (got rejected as I did not have the predicted grade requirements), Surrey (rejected after interview) and vet nursing (rejected as they could tell from my personal statement I want to be a vet, so thought it was unsuitable for me to do the course).

So, only Nottingham Gateway now, that is my last chance :smile:
Original post by Jessie1999
I applied for the Bristol Gateway (rejected me the other day), Liverpool (got rejected as I did not have the predicted grade requirements), Surrey (rejected after interview) and vet nursing (rejected as they could tell from my personal statement I want to be a vet, so thought it was unsuitable for me to do the course).

So, only Nottingham Gateway now, that is my last chance :smile:

What was it that you applied for at Surrey? Sorry to hear that you didn't get in, fingers crossed for Nottingham though! Are you applying for any straight vet med degrees?
Has anyone heard back from RVC gateway yet?
Did anyone else just get into rvc gateway?!?! Im so speechless right now! wooo!
Original post by Redhead1210
Did anyone else just get into rvc gateway?!?! Im so speechless right now! wooo!

Congrats when did U have ur interview ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending