The Student Room Group

Growing My Grades

Scroll to see replies

This Week My Plans are:

(EDUQAS)English Language: Revise How writers use language-AO2

(EDUQAS)English Language: Make note for An Inspector calls: Characters:Mrs Birling/Eric Themes:Older generation Vs Younger generation

(EDEXCEL)Science: Make notes for C2 topic 4,5 and 6

(AQA)Geography:Restless Earth-Tsunamis Case study and The Living World: Ecosystems

(OCR)Philosophy and Ethics: Beliefs about Deity-Revise keywords

(EDEXCEl) Mathematics:Revision homework/Mathswatch
How I make notes for Literature:
14869097285022047680631.jpg
1. I write the theme title and draw bubble around this.
2. Under the title I write a summary.
3. I use a green colour for context(why the writer presents this theme)
4. I use a purple colour for qoutes and analyse this in a different colour.
5. I do qoutes for ever character that libks with that particular theme I'm doing
(edited 7 years ago)
Update:
So... I've not being doing great with revision especially with english and geography. I simply don't know what to prioritise because I feel that ultimately the grades for all my subjects matter. I mostly focus on getting science revision done and maybe it's because I enjoy itc or because I am choosing some sciences for my A-levels next year. What ever it is I need to up my game. Exam are near the corner and I'm STRESSED.

What keeps me going is a bit of motivation:
"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." - Aristotle

So how is everyone handling the pressure, let me know?
I feel like I need to start revising from early on in the day rather than from the afternoon so I can get more done.

This is My Plan for the half term:
(EDUQAS)English Language: Revise Component 2 section A

(EDUQAS)English Language: Reread Pride and Prejudice and make notes on family/relationships

(EDEXCEL)Science: Make notes for C2 topic 7,8,9 and 10

(AQA)Geography: Make notes onThe Living World: World Ecosystems, Case studies on Tropical rain forest and Temperate deciduous forests

(OCR)Philosophy and Ethics:

(EDEXCEl) Mathematics:Mathswatch

(EDEXCEL) French: Use memrise to learn vocab and attempt past papers

Motivation:
The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. Knoeledge is your power.:smile:

This is My Plan for this Week:
(EDUQAS)English Language: Revise Component 2 section A - Evaluating texts critically

(EDUQAS)English Literature: Reread Pride and Prejudice and make notes on Mr & Mrs Bennet/ Mr Collins/Class

(EDEXCEL)Science: Make notes for C2 topic 11,12 and 13/ B2 past paper

(AQA)Geography: Make notes onThe Living World: Tropical rainforest- sustainable management and case study and hot desert case study

(OCR)Philosophy and Ethics:

(EDEXCEl) Mathematics:Mathswatch/ Practise 3 topics from revision guide

(EDEXCEL) French: Use memrise to learn vocab and attempt past papers
@PursuingMedicine Hi! So I've read your post-blog thing and firstly I WANNA PURSUE MEDICINE TOO!! SO im in yr 11 also ive done 4 GCSEs already: Psychology, History, Health and social Care and IT. I got A for psychology C for History (IT WAS HARD) B for health and social care and D* for IT (i did B-Tec cuz i moved to my school quite late in yr 9 and my school asked me to choose cambridge nationals or EDCL n i chose eas option....) im doing triple science, spanish, maths. further maths and english.
I ABOSLUTELY HATE ENGLISH ESPECIALLY WITH WJEC EDUQAS
Original post by mini.me
@PursuingMedicine Hi! So I've read your post-blog thing and firstly I WANNA PURSUE MEDICINE TOO!! SO im in yr 11 also ive done 4 GCSEs already: Psychology, History, Health and social Care and IT. I got A for psychology C for History (IT WAS HARD) B for health and social care and D* for IT (i did B-Tec cuz i moved to my school quite late in yr 9 and my school asked me to choose cambridge nationals or EDCL n i chose eas option....) im doing triple science, spanish, maths. further maths and english.
I ABOSLUTELY HATE ENGLISH ESPECIALLY WITH WJEC EDUQAS

Great results nevertheless! Well done! Also yess we can do this journey together:smile: I UNDERSTAND your struggle with english eduqas it's the worst but we can't do anything about it now, we have to move past it, work hard and hope the grade boundaries are very low!:redface: What grades are you aiming for?What subject do you want to do for A level?
Original post by PursuingMedicine
Great results nevertheless! Well done! Also yess we can do this journey together:smile: I UNDERSTAND your struggle with english eduqas it's the worst but we can't do anything about it now, we have to move past it, work hard and hope the grade boundaries are very low!:redface: What grades are you aiming for?What subject do you want to do for A level?

thanks and yes we shall do it together!!!...
YUP!! im aiming for at least a grade 7 in english (need it for my A-Levels) but would love any higher grades!! and basically A-A* in the rest not fussed what i get as long as its within A-A* tbh...
For A-Level i want to do BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, PSYCHOLOGY and EPQ (extended project qualification) heard of it??
but ive got my mid yr exams from tomorrow and im gonna fail them i just know i will arghhh :i
Original post by mini.me
thanks and yes we shall do it together!!!...
YUP!! im aiming for at least a grade 7 in english (need it for my A-Levels) but would love any higher grades!! and basically A-A* in the rest not fussed what i get as long as its within A-A* tbh...
For A-Level i want to do BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, PSYCHOLOGY and EPQ (extended project qualification) heard of it??
but ive got my mid yr exams from tomorrow and im gonna fail them i just know i will arghhh :i

Same here but ideally I would like a* in the sciences and maths because for A level I'm choosing Biology, Chemistry and Maths and probs EPQ because the sixth forms I've applied to require you to do it. Just do your best, i did poorly in my mocks as you've probably seen but at the end of the day it's the gcses that matter!
Same here but ideally I would like a* in the sciences and maths because for A level I'm choosing Biology, Chemistry and Maths and probs EPQ because the sixth forms I've applied to require you to do it. Just do your best, i did poorly in my mocks as you've probably seen but at the end of the day it's the gcses that matter!

THAT is Very true although im doing my mocks currently like this week and next week but they seem like they have been going OK!! for english language paper 1 did you do a paper with a Lord of the Flies extract?? and spanish coursework is killing me!! like ive done all but 1 and got c,c,a in writing1 writing2 and speaking1 (with AQA) but to get at least a B i need at least As in the coursework so in redoing them and writing1 is soo painful and so is writing2 but thats later!!
Original post by mini.me
THAT is Very true although im doing my mocks currently like this week and next week but they seem like they have been going OK!! for english language paper 1 did you do a paper with a Lord of the Flies extract?? and spanish coursework is killing me!! like ive done all but 1 and got c,c,a in writing1 writing2 and speaking1 (with AQA) but to get at least a B i need at least As in the coursework so in redoing them and writing1 is soo painful and so is writing2 but thats later!!

Thats great! And yes i reccomend you re-do your course and get atleast a b because you might aswell take advantage of it it's going to help boost your overall grade if you dont do aswell in the exxam. And no we didnt get the lord of the flies extract in our mock. :smile:
Thats great! And yes i reccomend you re-do your course and get atleast a b because you might aswell take advantage of it it's going to help boost your overall grade if you dont do aswell in the exxam. And no we didnt get the lord of the flies extract in our mock. :smile:

yh Of course imma resit them only cuz my teachers are making me tho and cuz i want the best grades possible. and dammit i was hoping to get so idea of wat im diving into!
Original post by mini.me
yh Of course imma resit them only cuz my teachers are making me tho and cuz i want the best grades possible. and dammit i was hoping to get so idea of wat im diving into!

:wink::wink: Good Luck!
:wink::wink: Good Luck!

hahaha thanks imma need all the luck i can get!!
Update:
So I'm aware that i haven't uploaded to this blog in what seems a very long time. this is because I had English and Maths mocks so I've been pretty busy. some exams went well some not so much. However I have one good news so far and that is in my an inspector calls essay from the component 2 section of the literature paper I got a grade 8!!!! I am over the moon!! My maths paper 3 I felt I did horrible in but we shall see! i felt the same with the unseen poetry section of literature componeent 2. Feelings can decieve you so there is an element of hope in me. Next week will be my english language mock component 2. Hopefully that goes well :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending